Error Loading Sylenth3 in Cubase

Official support for: lennardigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sylenth3 Cubase project.png
I always get this error when loading into my Cubase project that I have setup. When I click "ok" on the error window,Cubase immediately shuts down.
I do not get this behavior when loading Sylenth into a completely blank Cubase project.
I tried removing the Cubase .dll folder that has all the plugins in it and reloading one plugin at a time to see what's causing this but found that I could reload some plugins up until Sylenth gives me that error,remove the plugin that I last added BUT next time Sylenth will crash at a different point of my reloading .dlls and I would get the same error at some other point of reloading .dlls. and not from the .dlls I removed thinking they were the culprit.
I end up always having to go back to an older version.Would appreciate some help.
tia
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hi,

This problem can be caused by some antivirus programs (Kaspersky or AVG) on Windows 7. Try uninstalling your virusscanner to check that this solves the issue. Then install a different virusscanner.
Kaspersky recently released an update which re-introduces an old bug of theirs which causes *ANY* product that hooks NtProtectVirtualMemory to crash certain applications like browsers, etc. Kaspersky silently blocks any product that uses NtProtectVirtualMemory and causes a crash, without any warning from the Kaspersky product.

Lennard wrote:Hi,

This problem can be caused by some antivirus programs (Kaspersky or AVG) on Windows 7. Try uninstalling your virusscanner to check that this solves the issue. Then install a different virusscanner.
Kaspersky recently released an update which re-introduces an old bug of theirs which causes *ANY* product that hooks NtProtectVirtualMemory to crash certain applications like browsers, etc. Kaspersky silently blocks any product that uses NtProtectVirtualMemory and causes a crash, without any warning from the Kaspersky product.
Thanks for responding. I use Microsoft Security Essentials on my Windows7. I did uninstall it then reinstalled Sylenth3 but got the same error message so apparently that wasn't the issue.
I don't really want to make any major changes for this one plugin because everything else works great and I'd hate to risk creating any new problems I don't have now. Sylenth Ver 2.2 will do for now but thanks again.

dblock wrote:Thanks for responding. I use Microsoft Security Essentials on my Windows7. I did uninstall it then reinstalled Sylenth3 but got the same error message so apparently that wasn't the issue.
Did you restart Windows after uninstall? In that case there must be some other software causing the block, it's very unlikely to be anything other than anti-virus or firewall software.

Lennard wrote:
dblock wrote:Thanks for responding. I use Microsoft Security Essentials on my Windows7. I did uninstall it then reinstalled Sylenth3 but got the same error message so apparently that wasn't the issue.
Did you restart Windows after uninstall? In that case there must be some other software causing the block, it's very unlikely to be anything other than anti-virus or firewall software.
Much appreciate your input Lennard.I also believe there's some other software plugin or issue that could beat the root of this but thanks anyway.

I have this same problem. Win7 64 no other anti-virus programs installed only defender. Never had a problem with Sylenth before. Where could I found recent version? Would love to keep using Sylenth.

Please make sure you're not using jBridge in your projects to bridge old 32bit plugins.

Also, make sure there is only one Sylenth1.dll in your VST folders. If you have multiple copies of different versions in subfolders, this will cause problems and crashes. They all have the same plugin ID, so your host can not know which one it should load.

Also make sure to use *only* the 32bit version of Sylenth1 if you use a 32bit host.
And make sure to use *only* the 64bit version of Sylenth1 if you use a 64bit host.
Don't have both installed in your VST folders, as your host still may not know which one you want to load.

We've located the problem and managed to work around it! Should be fixed in v3.031!

Return to “LennarDigital”