how to completely remove Tracktion 7 - 32 bit and 64 bit

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

when uninstalling both,then doing a registry clean in WIN10,YOU WOULD THINK THAT it would be resolved. WHY DO I HAVE TO DO THIS? YOU ARE ASKING YOURSELF?
because both TRACKTION 7 32 AND 64 BIT ARE CRASHING WHEN i SCAN FOR NEW PLUG-INS. I would really like to re-install both with a clean beginning(I am beginning to think that some of the plug-ins that I use that work great in other DAW's I also use, are having trouble working on T7 for some reason)
But here is the problem when I try this,,,upon re-installing T7,it re-installs with the same Options already completed 100 per cent again and not 0 per cent. How do I fix this???..HELP

There are settings that are user specific and allowed to remain for when a user has installed a new version but wishes to remove an older version. It is not impossible that this might be changed in the future as some would like to differentiate between 32 and 64 bit versions or for other reasons.

This is the place to check for leftovers:

c:/Users/gpk99aOrWhatever/AppData/Roaming/Tracktion 4/

Lose the folder and its contents. The Tracktion 4 folder has been home to the settings for all versions since Tracktion was rescued from Mackie.

The log file lives in Temporary folder within the above one and you might get some clues from it about which plug-ins are causing your problem.

If you might want to reinstate your existing settings, just rename the folder.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

jabe wrote: This is the place to check for leftovers:

FWIW, the 'short' path to a user's own Roaming folder is

%appdata%

which is a bit less faff to type into Explorer.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

thank you jabe and whytrabbit....both worked perfectly....the re-install was a clean one after I found the correct path..Thanks so much

whyterabbyt wrote:
jabe wrote: This is the place to check for leftovers:

FWIW, the 'short' path to a user's own Roaming folder is

%appdata%

which is a bit less faff to type into Explorer.
Cheers, I'll try to remember. I clicked a lot rather than typing. Except on the DOS search beforehand!
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

jabe ,In reference to My recent post,Tracktion5, 1/6/17 &1/10/17 ,And after reading this post,I understand a bit more about Your suggestion referring to (c:/Users/gpk99aOrWhatever/AppData/Roaming/Tracktion 4/ ) and it's relevance to My particular problem. Although it is not entirely clear to me. I will pursue this remedy further. Thanks again for your insight.

Return to “Tracktion”