Feature requests

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer

spread chords!

Hi Attila,

maybe there is already a possible way and I did not see it.

I would love to see the ability to record midi information from a VST Plugin. I bought the NI Komplete Kontrol Keyboard and for me as a totally unskilled piano player it would be a huge booster to work with the chord function from the KK.

Here is a description how it worked with Abelton Live to get an idea what I mean... ;)
https://support.native-instruments.com/ ... /209558189

Best Regards
Joe

sorry... double post.

i believe one can spread out the chord notes but i would love to see added features and control to this!
"..What is simple, is simply seen.."

Hi Joe,

You can record midi input forwarded to the RC VST plug-in. I have just tried this in Reaper. You need to set the MIDI input of the RapidComposer track to your MIDI keyboard. You can record to a track when Local Sequencer is active in RapidComposer by selecting a track to record to, and pressing the Record button. Recording also works in the phrase editor.

Thanks,
Attila
Digi_Joe wrote:I would love to see the ability to record midi information from a VST Plugin. I bought the NI Komplete Kontrol Keyboard and for me as a totally unskilled piano player it would be a huge booster to work with the chord function from the KK.
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Hi Attila,

I meant to use RC standalone and not as an Plugin inside of a DAW.

Geeting Joe

Hi Joe,

I see! Now I understand.
At the moment I am not planning to introduce complex MIDI and audio routing between tracks, that is the task of a DAW, but it would be good to load a VST plug-in on Settings / MIDI that would provide the MIDI input. I added this to the to-do list.

Regards,
Attila

Fully agree and good to hear. Thx!

Hello Attila:

I spend a lot of time in RC's Phrase Editor; so much so, that I would like to be able to use more phrase manipulation tools in it without having to switch out of it. It would be convenient to be able to call up an RC Generator's dialog with just its phrase generation features without having to switch out of the Phrase Editor. Only the RC Generators that would make sense in the Phase Editor need to be callable (i.e. Appeggiator; Bass; Chord; Dyads Run; Fingerpicking; Generic; Melody; Piano Run; Random Melody; String Staccato). The Freehand and Line Generators are interesting but their rubber-band editing capability would require a different approach from what I am suggesting for the other applicable RC Generators.

I am thinking that an RC Generator's phrase generation features would apply directly to the phrase in the Phrase Editor's editing panel. I will leave it to you on the best way to call up an RC Generator from within the Phrase Editor.

Here is a mock-up of the idea demoing a slightly modified version of the Arpeggiator Generator after it has been called up within the Phrase Editor:

Would you be willing to add this Phrase Editor enhancement to the "To-Do" list?

--Tony
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

Very interesting and good idea, Tony! Of course it is added to the to-do list.
I realize that everyone uses the program differently, and RapidComposer should be able to satisfy these needs. And of course there are many uses that I have not even thought of or could not imagine :)

Attila

musicdevelopments wrote:Very interesting and good idea, Tony! Of course it is added to the to-do list.
I realize that everyone uses the program differently, and RapidComposer should be able to satisfy these needs. And of course there are many uses that I have not even thought of or could not imagine :)

Attila
Thank you! :tu:
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

Hi all, here are my requests:

- Option to lock "snap" and "grid" together in composition view (so you don't have to change two values, just one)

- Keyboard shortcut CTRL+Q to quit the program

- Option to make inserted Phrases/Generators automatically snap to the loop you set in RC (same lenght)

- Option to automatically remove/deactivate Track Variations when a Phrase gets rendered (before you go into manual note editing, so you don't have to bypass/remove all variations manually).

Sunny greetings,
Pete

Hello Pete,

today I implemented your first two requests.
I do not understand the last one. Can you send me an e-mail to explain it?

Thanks,
Attila

Hi Attila

the problem i see too and i first wonder what happen

i notice do a phrase and add variation double phrase. now double click phrase in composing win so go to phrase editor. now click on Apply changes in phrase editor. the phrase in composition later still have the variation in and play more faster
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

LUA :-)
SLH - Yes, I am a woman, deal with it.

Return to “MusicDevelopments”