Discovery Pro synthesizer 6.4 to 8.0

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Lejurai wrote:
murnau wrote:A nice touch
I'm sorry murnau but you are seriously being a bitch now. If it was 50+ € from a.. Something useless? I'd understand you but but whining over 19€? Or even 29€?

Seriously..

I'd pay that 19€ over a gui update.

His updating pricing thingys can be little interesting at times but still. Some respect to the tools he provides.
Maybe he should get rid of the whole version numbering and start selling new features and skins and stuff.

"Discovery pro has new filter models, skin and optimized code. Yours for 29€only".

When it's not tied to a number, angry kvrians don't feel the pressure to own the latest build number and can decide if they need that latest addition.

Doesn't tone2 actually do that? They have the basic synth, synth receives bugfixes but if you want for example new wavesets, you need to buy a pack that has them?
Tone2 charge a lot for new main version updates. But those are rare, like every other year or so.

Maybe it would make sense for discoDSP to offer an optional free lifetime updates plan (for, say, 99 euros), which applies to all discoDSP licenses owned. This might also make people buy more products as the plan would become more valuable the more plugins they have.

Btw, how does updating currently work with the bundle containing all discoDSP products?

murnau wrote:A nice touch would have been an update for 10€ after this terrible mess. Now we still have to deal with the strange price increase of 29€ for the small update and therefore to pay 15€ in the sale what before was 19€ without sale.

Can only hope the next little 0.1 update doesn't increase the high price further. We will see what comes next.

I don't trust this dev anymore after the whole trouble he caused and as fluffy pointed out no legal notice etc. on the dev site isn't very confident as well.
@murnau

George is making an effort to correct the mistakes done in the past. Sure, he took quite some time to recognize those mistakes, but he did it now, and he restored the Discovery pro 6.4 link, and is now offering the upgrade to the latest DP version for €15,00.

You know I was one of the guys that raised my voice against his policy in the past, and I didn't update DP. But now he is trying to bury thios subject. let's give him a chance to forget all this unfortunate episode, and move on?

I believe in second chances, and I am willing to forgive mistakes, when people say sorry.
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: I believe in second chances, and I am willing to forgive mistakes, when people say sorry.
Yep!

Lejurai wrote:Several sizes and 2 different ui colors :tu:
Just installed the demo, the jump from 100% to 150% is quite huge, like with Predator2 it doesn't fit on my screen. Maybe 125% or 133% would have been useful. U-he stuff has such sizes if I remember correctly.

Holy shit, it uses a lot of CPU :P
Last edited by fluffy_little_something on Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sorry that i have to quote myself..
murnau wrote:I have no problem with paying for updates when it is been transparent right from the start. I remember that 6.4 was suddenly disappeard in my account (now when it is back thats good, better it never been gone) then the 6.5 update for 19€ was announced with the promise to go on sale soon. As the sale came there was a price increase to 29€ (that what we have to deal with now). Sorry if i hurt any feelings but thats not the way i like to deal when it comes to "sales" and then this mess now with free update to 7 for 6.x owners which never will happen.. I mean sorry???? Why all the misinformation here???? Terrible to deal with really.

For me nothing had changed, i'm done with this dev.. ..but okay, i move on now and will not comment in this thread anymore.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

murnau wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:It seems like they deliberately try to keep things anonymous on their site, even though EU laws require any business in the EU to state their name, street address and contact info on their site, even VAT number if I am not mistaken. (All that in order to protect the customer and enable legal action if necessary.)
Against the law and generally not good imo, here in Germany a warning letter can cost them 50.000€ for that.
Oh, so you live in Germany ? :roll:

Good i moved on a minute ago. :hihi:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Why the need to make a big issue last week about me taking it for granted :nutter:
Numanoid wrote:
How do you know i don't have used a correct us adress? Rhetorical Q. Anyway, as usual he "think" he know something. :lol: :dog:
I thought you were based in Germany, did you move to US
You owe me an apology.

discoDSP wrote:and also 50% off for Discovery to Discovery Pro cross-grade this month.
I own Discovery so logging into my account at discoDSP I find an offer to Crossgrade to Discovery Pro at €37.99

So I select that and put in my cart, with the price at €38 as agreed:

I then press the button to check out with paypal, but the price there is €74,5 ?

EDIT: Problem solved by using a different browser. Firefox, my main browser, gave me €74.5 at checkout, switching to Internet Explorer, then I got the price at €38 as agreed also at paypal.

Thanks for the bargain :tu:

Paypal fees :hihi:

Nah I think something was going a bit funky with the cart software earlier what with all the discounts. Went to crossgrade Vertigo to the latest version for €4.99 yesterday, added it to my cart then noticed Paypal was going to charge something like €44.99 - Good job I noticed the decimal point jump before hitting buy ! Today I went to do the same using the same browser (Chrome) and all seemed OK and correctly stayed down as $4.99 !

Numanoid wrote:Why the need to make a big issue last week about me taking it for granted :nutter:
Numanoid wrote:
How do you know i don't have used a correct us adress? Rhetorical Q. Anyway, as usual he "think" he know something. :lol: :dog:
You owe me an apology.
Why? I can use a correct US adress without living in the states. You seem to have some serious problems regarding me. :lol:

murnau wrote:
Numanoid wrote:Why the need to make a big issue last week about me taking it for granted :nutter:
Numanoid wrote:
You owe me an apology.
Why? I can use a correct US adress without living in the states. You seem to have some serious problems regarding me. :lol:
You use an US address for payments in Europe? 8) Doesn't PayPal notice?

fmr wrote:
murnau wrote:A nice touch would have been an update for 10€ after this terrible mess. Now we still have to deal with the strange price increase of 29€ for the small update and therefore to pay 15€ in the sale what before was 19€ without sale.

Can only hope the next little 0.1 update doesn't increase the high price further. We will see what comes next.

I don't trust this dev anymore after the whole trouble he caused and as fluffy pointed out no legal notice etc. on the dev site isn't very confident as well.
@murnau

George is making an effort to correct the mistakes done in the past. Sure, he took quite some time to recognize those mistakes, but he did it now, and he restored the Discovery pro 6.4 link, and is now offering the upgrade to the latest DP version for €15,00.

You know I was one of the guys that raised my voice against his policy in the past, and I didn't update DP. But now he is trying to bury thios subject. let's give him a chance to forget all this unfortunate episode, and move on?

I believe in second chances, and I am willing to forgive mistakes, when people say sorry.
+100 :tu:

surreal wrote:
fmr wrote:I believe in second chances, and I am willing to forgive mistakes, when people say sorry.
+100 :tu:
Same here

I am quite happy with the process of buying Discovery Pro, at this low crossgrade price.

Serial protection is key file, so not even need to be online to register it.

Return to “Instruments”