bitwig 2 is here

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Catalyzer MeowSynth

LawrenceF wrote:Question: Has Bitwig ever had a paid update yet? I only ask wondering (if not) where these legions of loyal users come from if (emphasis on the if since I don't know) nobody has never done anything but paid for it once.

I know people who've invested many thousands in Cubase over the years and are literally loyal users, not so sure about a product that hasn't even left the 1.x cycle yet.

you have a very limited, one-dimensional understanding of loyality.

investing in a stalworth like Cubase, many times over, is certainly one type of loyalty.

following the development of a new DAW from the years of pre-release teasers and development updates, spreading your optimism on forums & social media and amongst your circle of musician friends about this incoming tool, buying the 1.0 release (and perhaps even beta testing 0.* beforehand) on the strength of all that is advertised to work now and what is to come in 2.0, enduring the years of stability of bugs and stability issues, and for some dutifully filing those bug/craash reports time after time .... etc etc

THAT is another form of loyalty. it's not as simple as 'oh, well, if you've only paid once you're not really loyal' ... because money is only one measure of loyalty. time & effort are the others.

I think we'll file this latest 'loyalty ?' post in the garbage with the girlfriend's promises, and used car analogies. the garbage can is getting full at this stage.

Sensitive much? :)

I only asked the question since I don't know. Now I know, some people consider themselves part of the Bitwig social media marketing team.

Thanks.

well, not to be too pedantic about it, but what you asked was if anyone paid for an update yet. what you suggested after that was only people who've paid for an update could be considered loyal users. that is the piece i corrected for you. your actual question was of course rhetorical, since you know perfectly well the answer.

Unfullfilling promises , happens all the time in politics ..
Only difference in politics, the voters tend to forget verry fast/easy ...
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Daags wrote:well, not to be too pedantic about it, but what you asked was if anyone paid for an update yet. what you suggested after that was only people who've paid for an update could be considered loyal users. that is the piece i corrected for you. your actual question was of course rhetorical, since you know perfectly well the answer.
Not really. That's your sensitivity reading into it.

What I was suggesting is that if I pay $2-300 one time for a product the investment is so small that I personally wouldn't be getting my panties bunched about potentially walking away from it, as if they owe me a debt of gratitude or something.

Either way, thanks for the answer. I'll stay out of this emotional discussion. Best regards my friend.

I hope this all works out for you guys.
Last edited by LawrenceF on Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LawrenceF wrote:What I was suggesting
exactly.

How much of this thread is about the sub plan, and how much is about the new features in Bitwig 2 ?

I think the ratio is about 95% / 5 %

Rappo Clappo wrote:@Aloysius

Thanks for the explanation! Think I'll save my money for Ableton and the AKAI MPC X. That will teach 'em!
:tu:
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Numanoid wrote:How much of this thread is about the sub plan, and how much is about the new features in Bitwig 2 ?

I think the ratio is about 95% / 5 %
what do you expect? the price scheme is a big issue. anyway, this thread shows a typical kvr hyperventilation bore and goes round in circles.
personally i like the semimodular approach a lot, but i won't upgrade from 8 Track as long as the new price model adipositas exists.
"It dreamed itself along"

mellotronaut wrote:but i won't upgrade from 8 Track
Have you thought long about upgrading ?

You can know how much a piece of software is desirable with its second hand prices, BW right now is in the dust.

In the future their licenses will cost next to nothing once you run out of your 12 months update plan, that's a pretty good indicator of how bW is extracting value from costumer.
Last edited by rod_zero on Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dedication to flying

Numanoid wrote:
mellotronaut wrote:but i won't upgrade from 8 Track
Have you thought long about upgrading ?
i was eagerly waiting for v.1 in the first place. i tried the demo and ... there was a lot of stuff missing. then i bought a BEAT mag with 8 track and from then on i had time to get into it and save stuff and i was sure to upgrade to v. 2. full version.
when i saw the announcement with the nice little modular blocks,i was excited, but then i read about this new upgrade scheme and :party: .
my main daw is Ableton and i'm sure, it will be my main daw till it ceases to exist or till i stop making music. the money, i'm able to spend for music making, is rather limited; so, expecting Ableton 10 and looking at all the nice offers, we get all the time from this oversaturated market, i have to say: if the Bitwig price scheme doesn't change, i wont upgrade to v2 full.
"It dreamed itself along"

12 MONTHS OF FREE UPGRADES
Alongside the announcement of Bitwig Studio 2 we are also introducing a new license model.
Starting with the release of Bitwig Studio 2, you’ll get 12 months of free upgrades and updates with your purchase. This plan also includes email support.

After the 12 months, you can renew your upgrade plan at an attractive and affordable price.
The following FAQ section should answer any questions about our new license model.

Why is this upgrade plan better than our previous model?
We will be able to release key features as they are ready - instead of holding them back for major releases. This enables us to offer you new feature and content updates more regularly.
Additionally, if you're a new customer, you won't need to worry about any potential upcoming releases when buying your license, as any software upgrade (or update) will be free of charge within the first 12 months - from the day you registered it in your Bitwig user account.

How much will the renewal of the 12 month upgrade plan cost?
159 EUR / 169 USD*. The upgrade plan includes all updates and upgrades - also major ones - released during the time period.

Can I continue using the software when my upgrade plan expires?
Yes, you can. This is not a subscription; you own a perpetual license. The upgrade plan is only required if you want access to the latest version, after the 12-month period that comes with your initial purchase has expired.

Does Bitwig Studio now come at an annual cost of the upgrade price?
No, you can wait to renew your license, until you discover a new feature you like in the latest version of Bitwig Studio - and then get back on board again.

Will my upgrade plan renew automatically?
No. Four weeks before your upgrade plan ends, you'll be notified with details on how to renew it.

*Prices are subject to change without notice.
Last edited by grains of sand on Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:03 pm, edited 5 times in total.

^^^ ... wow, thanks. in 27 pages of discussion, no one has read that already, quoted that already, linked to that already, or discussed the varying points raised (and not raised) by that already.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

seriously, if you haven't read the previous 26 pages already, maybe you should before you post another clanger like that.

also: congrats on making your first post on KVR, welcome to the board.

Daags wrote:^^^ ... wow, thanks. in 27 pages of discussion, no one has read that already, quoted that already, linked to that already, or discussed the varying points raised (and not raised) by that already.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

seriously, if you haven't read the previous 26 pages already, maybe you should before you post another clanger like that.

also: congrats on making your first post on KVR, welcome to the board.
They're a n00b, registered today
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”