Your previous guitar(s)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

See, I didn't care for the pedals I owned when they were just normal expensive, I have no nostalgia for them at all even though they'd be worth something today :lol:

I have close to thirty electric guitars and three acoustics.
I have sold two of the electrics and traded a third for an amplifier. A Fender Cabronita in shoreline gold was sold as it didn't really light my fire. A Line six JTV 59 variax was sold as there's a nasty frequency I detest in the modelling and the instrument itself was heavy as hell.
The trade was a Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster that I never bonded with. I swapped it for a Mesa Boogie F30 combo.
I'm tired of being insane. I'm going outsane for some fresh air.

I had an ibanez destroyer DT380

A Kramer Stagemaster Deluxe

A Washburn Falcon

A Peavey T-60

A Samick Valley Arts Ray Benson Signature Tele
A Samick KR artist series

Had a couple more samick's as well. Still own one
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

. . . I don't wanna talk about it . . .

:=(
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

tapper mike wrote:I had an ibanez destroyer DT380

A Kramer Stagemaster Deluxe

A Washburn Falcon

A Peavey T-60

A Samick Valley Arts Ray Benson Signature Tele
A Samick KR artist series

Had a couple more samick's as well. Still own one
Mike this is probably the only pic I have of my old Kramer Ritchie Sambora ;)

The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Wow, Those were great for pulling harmonics out of thin air.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

I had two Les Paul's at different times of my life. The first one was bought at a garage sale. It was a '56 Goldtop. Heavy as hell. Great action... Less then stellar output from the neck pickup and not as much sustain as you would imagine. One time at a party I let my cousin play it. He was fooling around on a balcony. It dropped headstock first onto the concrete below. I've never forgiven him decades later.

The more preferred LP was a 78 custom in red wine. One night I was setting up for a blues gig. I'd locked my car up tight and walked in with my Fender Strat and a bag of cables and effects. I had plenty of time for setup so I talked for a bit. When I got back to my car the trunk was popped. There went my 335 and my LP custom. The back window was smashed at that's where I had my 70's Traynor YBA bass amp.

I used to have this Samick HJ650 would regularly sit in on jazz gigs with it. After what happened with the LP Custom / 335 I'd never take the expensive axes out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2aTJmiT2TE

I traded that Lyons P-bass for a Dean fretless when I worked at a mom and pop music store (mini chain they had 4 stores) just outside of Boston. Actually it wasn't me who bought the Dean, I was just the salesman. I sold it to my alter ego in the computer, his name was Roland Dube, from 420 hemphill rd stoneham mass...I gave ol' Roland 150 bux for that bass in trade...my boss went nuts but he never figured out it was me who actually bought the fretless...he wasn't very bright :lol:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

I knew guys who would work at guitar stores for the sole purpose of getting discounts.

I used to have a Matrix 12 string by ovation. No it wasn't anything like an applause tone wise. Anyway it had an aluminum neck and a spruce top. As time went by anyone who's owned an ovation knows what happens. The neck stayed straight but the string tension pulled the bridge forward and buckled the top.

my ovation is going on 12 years old now and doing fine, I used to really dislike the concept but imo for recording the shallow body like mine properly miked with it's electronics isn't so bad :shrug:

Here's an old piece I did noodling around years ago with it (this must be at least 10 years old)
https://soundcloud.com/hink/accoustic

Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Basses I had but no longer own...gosh, a lot came and went over the last 12 years or so. The ones I probably regret selling most are the Carvin SB4000 (good sounding and feeling example of a J-type bass) and the Steinberger XQ-2A's.

The latter sounded closer to a classic Steinberger than anything else I know of produced in the last two decades, with graphite necks, EMG HB-CS pickups and Haz preamps. I got them cheap on a blowout in 2007 when they were being discontinued - on the rare occasions you see one for sale now, they're priced twice what I paid. The only thing I didn't like was the upper horns that didn't come up to the 12th fret and shifted the basses further to the left.

Managed to dig up a pic from when I had them, albeit a poor-quality, low-res one.
Steinberger XQs.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
http://www.davidvector.com
New album, Chasing Fire, out now on Amazon, iTunes, etc.
Bandcamp: https://davidvector.bandcamp.com/releases

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”