Can I modulate the Delay Time???

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello everyone... I'm new to the Mu.Lab world, currently demoing the Mux Modular on my Mac, and have to say, so far I'm impressed... One question I couldn't find the answer to, is it possible to lfo mod the Delay Time in the in built delay Module??? I just can't quiet work this one out.

Cheers in advance... V.

Hi and welcome, no not the Audio Delay time itself but in the same menu there is a couple of Mono Echo modules which can be modulated and might work for you, also there is an Event Delay module in the Event Processors
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

bibz1st wrote:Hi and welcome, no not the Audio Delay time itself but in the same menu there is a couple of Mono Echo modules which can be modulated and might work for you, also there is an Event Delay module in the Event Processors
Thank you very much... Yes i can kind of use the echo module sort of does the trick :)

Cheers... V.

P.s... Quiet odd it doesn't work with the delay module? Must be a coding thing :)

Yea, not every parameter is available for access, Jo (Dev) knows what he's doing so must be a good reason for it.
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

The "Modular Feedback Delay" is more advanced with more features, including allowing the delay time to be controlled. With the feedback at -oo dB, it's effectively a pure delay, I think. (I plug an oscilloscope in as the DSP.)

Try some nasty glitching:
- Add an LFO, turn the frequency down nice and low (0.5Hz)
- Add a Parameter Event Generator and link it to the Modular Feedback Delay (it defaults to linking to delay time)
- Link the LFO modulation output to the Parameter Event Generator modulation input

Now the delay will wobble. Push some audio through it and it's... glitchy nastiness.

You can make it less glitchy and just wobbly by dropping the LFO amplitude to, say, 2%.

A couple of examples, one with the delay modulated and one without -- using the subtle approach...
ModulatedDelay.zip (exceeds forum attachment size - contains a couple of FLACs)

pljones wrote:The "Modular Feedback Delay" is more advanced with more features, including allowing the delay time to be controlled. With the feedback at -oo dB, it's effectively a pure delay, I think. (I plug an oscilloscope in as the DSP.)

Try some nasty glitching:
- Add an LFO, turn the frequency down nice and low (0.5Hz)
- Add a Parameter Event Generator and link it to the Modular Feedback Delay (it defaults to linking to delay time)
- Link the LFO modulation output to the Parameter Event Generator modulation input

Now the delay will wobble. Push some audio through it and it's... glitchy nastiness.

You can make it less glitchy and just wobbly by dropping the LFO amplitude to, say, 2%.

A couple of examples, one with the delay modulated and one without -- using the subtle approach...
ModulatedDelay.zip (exceeds forum attachment size - contains a couple of FLACs)
Nice... I was actually splitting the left and right channels, and doing a double lfo mod at low levels on each to create a pseudo ATD effect... Like an analog tape delay thing :)

Return to “MUTOOLS”