What's your favorite reverb, and for which purpose?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

forw wrote:SPACES (East West)- why hasn`t this one been mentioned yet?
Love it..
No demo, unless iLok..I can't do that one for now. I'm interested in spaces, but I enjoy limited creativity with reverbs.(which it seems to fit in with) to me, I'll just layer on another effect or EQ to get something more out of the reverbs I like/ for pure reverb mainly. -regarding how creative a reverb I feel I need

spacekid wrote:
forw wrote:SPACES (East West)- why hasn`t this one been mentioned yet?
Love it..
No demo, unless iLok..I can't do that one for now. I'm interested in spaces, but I enjoy limited creativity with reverbs.(which it seems to fit in with) to me, I'll just layer on another effect or EQ to get something more out of the reverbs I like/ for pure reverb mainly. -regarding how creative a reverb I feel I need
yes, don`t understand what they don`t offer a demo.. I got it when it was 50% off and was hoping the reviews I read would be right :wink:

Valhalla room for standard mixing duties. The new Melda TurboVerb for special effect stuff. Sometimes I use Ubermod or Bloom for hybrid delay/ Reverb effects.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

ghettosynth wrote:I have quite a few, however, if you like Blackhole then you are going to want to grab CloudSeed. It's free and open source and it's a really nice reverb for ambient production.

https://github.com/ValdemarOrn/CloudSeed
Assume people have this working?

It crashes EnergyXT and Reapers plugin scan every time for me. I've updated my C++ 2015 Redist and everything...

GaryG wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:I have quite a few, however, if you like Blackhole then you are going to want to grab CloudSeed. It's free and open source and it's a really nice reverb for ambient production.

It crashes EnergyXT and Reapers plugin scan every time for me. I've updated my C++ 2015 Redist and everything...
I've heard C++ is actually backward compatible in most cases..ie try the latest version instead. I have yet to test this out on my system..I have, let's see: lol 05, 08, 10, 12, 13 & 15 ..I may go crazy and test out the theory in a bit..it would help my registry, but only give me MB of data, so a small victory..not sure it's worth it, though they do flood the registry.

spacekid wrote:
GaryG wrote:

I've heard C++ is actually backward compatible in most cases..ie try the latest version instead. I have yet to test this out on my system..I have, let's see: lol 05, 08, 10, 12, 13 & 15 ..I may go crazy and test out the theory in a bit..it would help my registry, but only give me MB of data, so a small victory..not sure it's worth it, though they do flood the registry.

Yes, it's super reliable for me. It wasn't when it first came out. I can't speak to EnergyXT, but it works great in Reaper.

chk071 wrote:Actually, i would have bought the inexpensive Lexicon one (LXP?) when it was on a sale, but, obviously, it needed USB iLok, so, i refrained from buying it. Shame, if it had been software iLok, i surely would have grabbed it.
A lot of people buy LXP thinking they're getting Lexicon PCM on the cheap, then are sorely disappointed.

For that Lexi sound, you are much better off getting Vintage Verb, Redline Monitor, or even IKM Classik Verbs (These can be had for next to nothing secondhand). There are others I'm told, but I haven' tried them, so I'm not going to recommend them here. :wink:

My favorite one is the Toneboosters reverb (part of the track bundle), and the purpose, well, reverberation :hihi:
Last edited by fluffy_little_something on Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

B2 is my favourite for everything.
Also love Aether, Breeze and Space Designer.
Don't use or need any other reverb yet.
I tryed a lot but for my taste there is still nothing like B2.

I really, really like ValhallaVintageVerb. I actually can't remember the last time I used another Reverb, it must have been several years by now. I used a bunch of different hardware and software reverbs over the years, but none of them were as flexible, good sounding and intuitive to use as VVV. I also really like the GUI. I don't think I'll ever need another reverb.

Here is a little silly WIP track I'm working on that uses a lot of VVV all over the place :hihi:

Silly WIP Thing

flugel45 wrote:
chk071 wrote:Actually, i would have bought the inexpensive Lexicon one (LXP?) when it was on a sale, but, obviously, it needed USB iLok, so, i refrained from buying it. Shame, if it had been software iLok, i surely would have grabbed it.
A lot of people buy LXP thinking they're getting Lexicon PCM on the cheap, then are sorely disappointed.

For that Lexi sound, you are much better off getting Vintage Verb, Redline Monitor, or even IKM Classik Verbs (These can be had for next to nothing secondhand). There are others I'm told, but I haven' tried them, so I'm not going to recommend them here. :wink:
LXP has the same algorithms and thus same quality as the PCM reverbs. The only thing different is the amount of things you can tweak.. but most of the important controls are available in LXP.

So yeah, people who buy LXP are in part getting the PCM sound.. on the cheap. Not sure why anybody would be disappointed with LXP sound quality. It's top notch.

As for my fav reverbs, number one place still goes to EAReverb 2. I don't know why I like it so much but I just do. I also recently got access to the ReLab reverbs and they are ridiculously good.. but I haven't worked with them long enough to comment if they will become mainstays in my mixing (probably will).

FabFilter Pro-R is another new addition that is creeping up in my mixes. It's got that amazing ability of being almost invisible and then when you turn it off from all the affected channels, the mix just falls apart.

Another one I've started using more is the DDMF Envelope reverb. It's really amazing in how it wraps sources in a lush environment.

Best freebie crown still goes to U-He Protoverb. Heck I'd have no problem paying 50$ or more for this thing.. but it's free. Amazing stuff as always from U-He.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

I really like Cupwise Color Springs (nebula library).
I think it's definitely one of the best sounding spring reverb plugins on the market, though I seldom use it on my projects due to its ridiculous amount of cpu usage :(
70-80% on Core i7 4790k for one instance...what a mess.

bmanic wrote:
flugel45 wrote:

LXP has the same algorithms and thus same quality as the PCM reverbs. The only thing different is the amount of things you can tweak.. but most of the important controls are available in LXP.

So yeah, people who buy LXP are in part getting the PCM sound.. on the cheap. Not sure why anybody would be disappointed with LXP sound quality. It's top notch.
+1

I own the Lexicon PCM, LXP and MPX. In regards to the the Hall, Chamber and Plate plugins within the PCM and LXP bundles, the algorithms are exactly the same. The only difference is that the PCM offers a few more adjustable parameters.

The Room algorithm is different between the PCM and LXP plugins, but neither is better or worst than the other. In many cases, I actually prefer the LXP Room plugin.

The main reason to purchase the PCM over LXP bundle, in my opinion, is if the user wanted the Vintage Plate, Concert Hall and Random Hall algorithms, which are more associated with the classic Lexicon sound. But, overall, I would be more than happy with only the LXP bundle and it is definitely worth the price, especially when on sale.

Wow, as usual I'm fashionably late to the party. Adaptiverb looks to be one cool plugin, especially for sound design. I usually try those tricks by using convolution in unorthodox ways, but it doesn't come close to what Adaptiverb can do. Straight to the top of my must try list. Judging by the name, I thought it was going to be something that adapts to the input, and likely sound like a resonant verb type thing. It is that & so much more. This Denis chap is a trailblazer 8)

For me:

IK CSR
TAL Reverb 4

Magix Independence FX (Origami reverb)

I use these on everything. The IK CSR for general, quick & easy reverb. Tal Reverb usually on vocals or instruments that need an extra something to fill up the actual sound. The Origami reverb for the crazy convolution stuff (not to mention, I can add other fx in the chain as well).

The TB Reverb from Toneboosters I try to use, but I haven't made any good settings yet that I can find usable.
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

Return to “Effects”