Most depressing music you know of?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

bulevardi wrote:Low - Lullaby

fan tastic song
Absolutely, saw them perform it back in the summer, felt like a massive collective sigh at the end from the audience.

Ages ago when I was young and smoked weed with my friends we were sometimes stupid enough to put on Pink Floyd The wall. 2 hours later we would sit there deeply depressed and ask ourselves: what the f.u.c.k did we do that for? :bang: :dog:

A few years ago I would have suggested Ravel's "Pavane for a Dead Princess", not understanding that he was not referring to a child who died young, but a child who lived at an earlier time. So now it's just nostalgic. Haunting though.

So cliche' and not intended to be sad, but played at virtually every important funeral, and a chunk of films, 9/11 memorial. It's more sad by association, since it was composed as a meditative work:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izQsgE0L450

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_-oTNmpewU

This isn't it. If I wanted to find the most depressing music I know of I'd probably never succeed. Attempting that itself would be depressing!

A little dissonance is good of course, although the limited melodic content in my opinion tends to make a lot of the tracks posted in this thread depressing due to how awful and boring they are to listen to :)

"Why am I listening to this? It's pointless!"
Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.
Work less; get more done.

IncarnateX wrote:Ages ago when I was young and smoked weed with my friends we were sometimes stupid enough to put on Pink Floyd The wall. 2 hours later we would sit there deeply depressed and ask ourselves: what the f.u.c.k did we do that for? :bang: :dog:
That's all right. We all have our depressing rituals.

Sometimes I listen to my own... "music" :lol: and, in a fit of depression and loneliness, I masturbate and cry myself to sleep at night, alone in a large bed, too weak to kill myself because nobody likes me.

BWA HA HA HA HA :hihi:
if you believe that, I've got a space elevator to sell you :party:

You're all wimps and nancy boys.

This is the real McCoy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXCcQl-ymrg

That "Donnie Darko" song....
But I like it....

IncarnateX wrote:Ages ago when I was young and smoked weed with my friends we were sometimes stupid enough to put on Pink Floyd The wall. 2 hours later we would sit there deeply depressed and ask ourselves: what the f.u.c.k did we do that for? :bang: :dog:
I passed out when he shaved his eyebrows in the movie.

Other than that, the most depressing thing about that album is what's his name bringing it back over and over.

Anything by the band Human League - their lead male vocalist had the most depressing style of delivery that I have ever heard. Their songs were OK, especially Mirror Man and Feeling Fascination, but that guy's voice made me want to cover my ears and scream!

Philip Oakey. I've looked him up. He stills sings. Ughhhhhhhh.

sfxsound3 wrote:coil
Coil may well be an Astral Disaster. They may even make you wear antler horns. But depressing? Coil are INVIGORATING!!!!! :D

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”