Anyone here have Korg legacy collection? how is it?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion

ew wrote:
Richard deHove wrote:Odd. I've never had any of those issues (I have the analog edition with M/P, P6 etc). My DAW is online only for a few minutes a month to install updates, then I disable the wifi and networking. I've also done all sorts of USB stuff: new hub, new audio interface, third monitor on USB etc and the Korg synths have always been fine.
Neither have I. I've had the digital edition for ten years, and I've never had to reactivate for anything other than OS reinstalls and the like.

ew
I had to reactivate after changing audio interface, but never after simply unplugging / plugging in anything.

Last night tried it with Wifi off and all seemed good - phew :)
I think the last activation might've been due to an HD upgrade, or possibly the iLok soft installer adding the virtual hardware device.

mcbpete wrote:It's the most cheap-90s sounding collection of synths I have on my hard drive .... and I love it !
Just something about the plasticcy sounds and combination of cheesy preset sounds (especially the Wavestation) that just makes me all warm and fuzzy and nostalgic.

The only two downsides for me with the collection is the fact you keeping having to re-activate each individual synth every few months (I'm seriously tempted to crack my legit copy just to remove this nonsense! ) and you'll need a good pair of glasses to see some of the settings what with the tiny GUI using nowadays' resolutions.
Bang-on ! It is exactly the ONLY downside I have ever met with this collection.
:dog:
Talking about the synths themselves I absolutely haven't ANYTHING to talk about... since they are so awesome!

And without forgetting the plethora (thousands and thousands !) or presets which come freely with them thanks to the huge generosity of Korg in the registered user's download page. Even for musicians who are not versed in pre-made presets these thousands and thousands of presets are incredibly good starting points to create new personal ones.

And the quality of the oscillators, of the filters, of the effects... Whoah ! Exactly the same results as the original hardwares! With an excellent sound card and excellent speakers, the impression is perfectly the same as the hardware.

Before having purchased the whole collection (in a unique purchase) I had a hardware Polysix and a Mono/Poly. I have sold my hardware Polysix (but kept my Mono/Poly) The software collection is so good that I have finished to resell my hardware Polysix, because I used it a lot in my composition and now I could put as many instances as I wanted in the different tracks of the compositions. Without ANY loss of quality and ANY difference in the sounds and in the evolutions of the pads.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

ew wrote:
Richard deHove wrote:Odd. I've never had any of those issues (I have the analog edition with M/P, P6 etc). My DAW is online only for a few minutes a month to install updates, then I disable the wifi and networking. I've also done all sorts of USB stuff: new hub, new audio interface, third monitor on USB etc and the Korg synths have always been fine.
Neither have I. I've had the digital edition for ten years, and I've never had to reactivate for anything other than OS reinstalls and the like.

ew
It probably depends the other uses which are made of the computer, simply, totally regardless the musical activity.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Return to “Instruments”