MTurboReverb preset making action, let's make the ultimate reverb! ;)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MTurboReverb

Nspace wrote: PLUS, (an this is the new idea) MMotherReverb the parallel multi processing one to be sold at MXXX pricing levels. Of course the MReverbPlayer would not be able to play the MomVerb presets.
At MXXX pricing levels???
Great to hear your enthusiasm but maybe we should let Vojtech do the pricing estimation.
It's helpful that aspiring musicians and artists are able to afford the best audio tools and if a product isn't priced too high you usually sell more.

Thanks for the feedbacks guys. I'll need to discuss it with collegues here and will probably ask the beta testing group for their ideas about it. But my initial idea is there's really no need to make stuff overpriced like Waves or Fabfilter for instance, so in terms of capabilities I think we could get MTurboReverbPlayer (the name sucks, we need something better :D ) for say 99-149 EUR, it's not much considering what it can do, but I think people just deserve a good "sort of ultimate go-to" reverb out of the box, and not everyone can afford too much. And this one wouldn't have access to the edit screen, which many wouldn't need anyway. And the big version would be a double or so. Feel free to tell me what you think.

Nspace: I actually think the Turbo name is great now. It says exactly what it does - it's the classic tool on steroids :D. And MTurboReverb fits the "turbo" concept of current other plugins just well - it provides (or rather will :D) the selection of reverbs of all kinds, and will have access to the "guts" of the engine. I really like this concept - if you are not a tweaker, you stay on the easy screen, but if you are up for it, you can even design your own reverb, same as you can design a compressor (or any dynamics processor) using MTurboComp.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Just checking in to see whats been going on. Looking good. Carry on...

How about MTurboReverbNE
as in No Edit.

I think $99 for the player version is very reasonable. With the ETernal madness discount it would be around $50 which is an amazingly good price. IMO a no brainer. One other thing you might want to do is include more presets in the full version. That would give people an incentive to upgrade later or make presets available separately. I'm sure someone like Simon Stockhousen could make some amazing ambient presets or crazy FX. Give people a taste with the player version and then in the full version give them all the presets.

Although I feel this plugin is worth more than $200, if people can't afford it, it doesn't matter how good it is. Whenever people ask for reverb recommendations the answer that comes up most is Valhalla stuff. The reason is the quality and the fact that they only cost $50. Everyone can afford them, so the user base is larger than more expensive boutique reverbs. The more they are recommended and talked about the more people buy them. MTR is like most of the Valhalla stuff put into 1 plugin. The pricing seems fine as it is and hopefully the amazing quality, versatility and value will make it the new recommended reverb.

On further thinking.
MturboReverbLE Lite Edition
MturboReverbSE Simple Edition or Student Edition
Spencer

spencerlee wrote:MturboReverbLE Lite Edition
I'd prefer this a name - great idea. Hopefully not that hard to accomplish for Vojtech the development, not the name)! :)
System: Win 10 64 bit / i9 9900K (8x 3.6 GHz) / 16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM / 1TB M.2 SSD + 2x 500 GB SSD / RME Babyface / Reaper

Tagirijus.de

Is it possible, to use more than one "pitch shift" module in the LR section - and if so, how could I adjust the pitch?
The plan is to make a "shimmer preset" with e.g. 4 pitch-shifters (or a multi voice harmonizer) set to different intervalls to make some "dissonant clouds"
ideas??

Have you considered which bundle (s) this new plugin will be incorporated? Mtotal? Mmixer? Mcreative? or a new category altogether?

chandler: I agree, though I was thinking rather 149 would be better for the player, since people buy a lot in the EMD, hence 75, which is more logical, since basically it would replace all valhalla reverbs, 50 each, so even when comparison to these supercheap plugins, it would be even cheaper. Also when something is too cheap, many people seem to consider it "worse". For instance, valhalla stuff seems often regarded as worse then B2/Aether, while I consider it far far better, despite being 4x cheaper.

spencer: I also thought about "LE". Hope Steinberg won't be angry :D.

j.mayr: Sure, you can add as many as you need and manually specify the pitch shift in the algorithm. You cannot have 4 sliders for them then though. The parameters would do the trick, but it would let you do just -1 to +1 semitones :D. Maybe some multiplier feature...

Scotty: Now with the "player" or "LE" idea, I see it the way that the player would be available in all bundles, and the full version only in MTotalBundle.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

MTurboReverbLE is much better yes.

MeldaProduction wrote: j.mayr: Sure, you can add as many as you need and manually specify the pitch shift in the algorithm. You cannot have 4 sliders for them then though. The parameters would do the trick, but it would let you do just -1 to +1 semitones :D. Maybe some multiplier feature...
yeah, that´s a good solution for my private pleasure, but in order to make it a proper "active preset", I think the user must be able to adjust the intervalls via the easy screen - so we´d need sliders...

Actually I'm not sure it is needed that much - the pitch shifting seems to only work with some very specific intervals, such as single tones, 5ths and octaves. Anything else creates some dissonant mess :D
Vojtech

From a commercial point of view, i can see some perspectives in making reduced version of all the plugins, making the "Edit" screens an "in-app purchase". But personally - i dislike these kinds of business plans.

One of the primary values for me, in Melda-plugins is the extreme amount of features - just like MS Word and other fullfeatured programs... I only use a subset of the features - but not the "basic ones"... So i couldn't imagine a LE version with just the "exact right subset of features".

I'am looking forward to MTurboReverb as a part of my MTotalBundle, MPowerSynth and MdrummerL :-) Love the Sound quality and feature richness and the free-for-life updates of Melda-plugins. Hope someday in near future to see MTurboMix and MYYY :?:

Might i suggest that MReverb is made part of the Free bundle? There are lots of ok quality freeware reverbs - so i couldn't imagine anyone would buy MReverb, since MMultibandReverb only a little more expensive and with the forthcoming MTurboReverb...

Perhaps it would be possible to make an in-app purchase for MTurboReverb, where anyone could buy presets made by others? I can see in this thread, that several of you are putting in alot of work in making great sounding presets - i think that is where the real potential commercial value is in MTurboReverb... This could also be a preset development driver for MXXX - being able to do micro-purchase of others presets, directly from within the MXXX and MPowerSynth.
Last edited by Nicolaibob on Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.

why not MTurboReverb for the "Player" and MTurboReverbPro for the editable version?
"It dreamed itself along"

Return to “Effects”