v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer RapidComposer LE

lulukom wrote:Hello !
Yes, it is interesting to try, but how to open simultaneously two standalone RC? I tried to copy the RC, but at the same time unable to open (
How to do it ? Who knows ? Thank you !
FOR MAC , PLEASE ...
Yes, I tried launching two RC instances on OS X with the "open -na RapidComposer.app" command from the Terminal, it did not start a second instance. So this feature is for Windows only.

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Hi Attila
Great, the b3 is the first version with wasapi work perfect usable. no crackle even if run 2 RC and both RC play a song. there is show 10 ms for buffer.
I enable the "Allow Copy/Paste Between Two RC Apps" and verify that it is on both enable. but there come no menus for paste in other RC. In other RC must first copy something so menus are enable. then copy between 2 RC work, thanks
I see Option "snap cursor to nearest beat when stop" .this do not work. when press stop or space key the play cursor stop between quarter. I think it is usefull if stop can choose between beat(quarter note i think)and bar. because trigger notes for drum machine with drum patterns(i use strike) are on bar.

In the phrases or rythm browser window and click with right mouse button come a popup so can hear how the phrase sound. but when the popup is open then the first click close popup and a second click is need to select new phrase. this happen with right button too. maybe it is possible that with the first click of right button to a new phrase the preview window is close and reopen for the new phrase. i think its also usefull when the key u (preview phrase in the composition with all unmutet tracks) can work with the selected phrase in the phrase browser too,
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

musicdevelopments wrote:
lulukom wrote:Hello !
Yes, it is interesting to try, but how to open simultaneously two standalone RC? I tried to copy the RC, but at the same time unable to open (
How to do it ? Who knows ? Thank you !
FOR MAC , PLEASE ...
Yes, I tried launching two RC instances on OS X with the "open -na RapidComposer.app" command from the Terminal, it did not start a second instance. So this feature is for Windows only.

Thanks,
Attila
with windows come a error message, but it work all ok with VST plugins. see screenshot. i do not know what fail. only that midi keyboard can only work in 1 RC. this is no problem for me. If i really need 2 RC and midikeyboard there can use virtual midi loopback cable i think
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hi magicmusic,

thank you for your feedback. I am happy to hear WASAPI works not just on my PC :)
magicmusic wrote:but there come no menus for paste in other RC. In other RC must first copy something so menus are enable. then copy between 2 RC work, thanks
Please use Ctrl-V even if "Paste Phrases" is not displayed. I fixed this bug today.
Please note: the phrases will always be pasted to the selected track, because there is no "original" track when transferring between different compositions.
magicmusic wrote:I see Option "snap cursor to nearest beat when stop" .this do not work.
Indeed. :oops: It is fixed now.
magicmusic wrote:In the phrases or rythm browser window and click with right mouse button come a popup so can hear how the phrase sound. but when the popup is open then the first click close popup and a second click is need to select new phrase.
I know about this inconvenience. I have plans to improve phrase preview in the near future.

About the message when a second instance is started, I made the error message less frightening:
"A RapidComposer instance is already running. Only the first instance is usable by the RC VST plug-in".

Thank you!
Attila

in the phrase browser and some other there is a symbol below. this do nothing. is this a windows 10 Problem or what should it do. look as a loudspeaker so maybe can enable and when enable a click on phrase play phrase.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

You cannot click on that "filter" icon.

Old Bar Offset Remnants, fix for next version.

Thanks, crossovercable, this is fixed now.

You have the option to Preview Phrases on the timeline with one click, can you put the same option on the Custom Phrases window ?
Maybe you could have it like EZDrummer/Keys, you can be playing the main track or looping a section of track and it will sync and loop the highlighted phrase in the Custom Phrases, so you can find the phrases to fit quickly.

I haven't got RC to loop yet, I have the bars highlight and the loop button on but it don't loop ????

Right click Save Target/Link As (it's a video kvr, not an audio clip)
EZKeys_Phrases_Preview.mp4

You are right, the phrase preview should be more usable with a single-click preview. It will be improved shortly.

For looping the selected region on the timeline you also need to enable the 'region' button next to the 'loop' button:

When only the 'loop' is highlighted the whole song is looped.

Thanks,
Attila

Thanks !

I find a crash when VSTi window is open and rapid composer is quit(witch windows close button). the VSTI GUI is not close. but it happen not always. i get it 2 times reproducable but now 3 third time try and more it work. maybe somebody too notice that rc crash on quit and vsti window stay open until the windows crash requester is close ?

Hi magicmusic,
can you send me in e-mail which VSTi plug-in window crashes? I have not seen this yet, but it is possible for badly behaving plugins.
Thanks!
Attila

New beta version v3.2b4 is available!

Some people (including me ;)) were waiting patiently for this feature: now you can change the font size for the user interface!
Also portable usage is possible on Windows.

Improvements:
  • Font size setting: you can change the font size for the UI
  • [Windows] portable usage is possible: program data is read from 'RapidComposerV3' if it exists in the application directory
  • UI reworked, track and phrase variations window resizable
  • Fixed: snap cursor to nearest beat position fixed
  • "Count In" you are asked if you want to move the track contents
  • "Count In" problem fixed: wrong selection on timeline
  • "Paste Phrases" is displayed when the external clipboard contains items
  • Soundfonts with 24-bit samples can be loaded and used

As an example for the incredibly flexible user interface in RapidComposer, you can use big fonts like this one (displayed image is scaled down, watch without scaling!):

great, thanks Attila, now I need to go and load Synth 1!

Return to “MusicDevelopments”