2399 Delay Diagram -- agnd versus dgnd, etc.

...and how to do so...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Are 'agnd and 'dgnd' 'analog' and 'digital' ground, respectively? or what? and what is the difference?

Also, i read somewhere that you could 'increase a resistor value in order to get longer delay times'. If so, does anyone know which resistor(s) needs tweaking?

on the 20k 'rheostat' on the left, does that mean 'just use the center, and one of the cw/ccw lugs on the potentiometer? then on the right, with the 50k potentiometer, does it mean, 'send from the 10k resistor into wiper, then other 2 connections are cw/ccw?

TIA

Yes, analog ground and digital ground. You want to keep them separate as much as possible, because there will be more noise on the DGND. Where the circuit connects to ground of the power supply, I've connected the two grounds together, using a 10 Ohm resistor. I'm not sure if this is the right thing to do but I've seen that in other schematics.

I don't have much experience working with the 2399 but you can find a lot more information about working with the PT2399, here: http://www.diyaudiocircuits.com/tutoria ... alog-echo/

Thanks for the link Justin! I'm just about to start building my first 2399 DIY project. It's the kit from Synthrotek, but I will wanna do some mods...so the info is very helpful!!

yeah thanks. it would be very cool to get one of these up and running, then link 2 or 3 of them together.

Return to “DIY: Build it and they will come”