Focusrite Plugin Collective

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Exponential Audio: R2

aMUSEd wrote:That has got to be the most gorgeous eye candy analyser going (I have Insight which is powerful butt ugly) but why make it a standalone and not just a full plugin?
it's capable of all sorts of craziness (analyzer on a separate computer, receiving inputs from multiple machines etc) :

You can insert as many instances of SampleGrabber plug-ins as you need, on the same DAW, different DAWs, and even on different computers, and all of them can connect to the same Pure Analyzer app as long as they they’re all connected to the same network.

so it does make sense, but for typical DAW use it's a bit OTT (a simple inline version as a plugin format would be cool)

Yes that makes sense - but I need Focusrite gear to access this?

Whoah... the "Nebula" spatial energy spectograph thingy is MESMERIZING.

Thanks Flux!

Yes but how do you get it?

From the sounds of things, unlike the earlier Plugin Collective promos, you do need to have registered Focusrite hardware to get this one.

In my case it was just there in my Focusrite account when I logged in.
Image Image Image Image

But then they shouldn't send me an email that I can get it for free by logging in. I just tried again and it doesn't work for me. At least they could have written, that you only get it with hardware. This would have saved me some time.

ChamomileShark wrote:I've not tried the Flux thing yet - but the best so far was the Eventide Stereo Room - especially as it then counted towards Anthology X
whoah! I had no idea about it
by saying "counted towards" you mean how much $$$ ?

I have the red plugs but no hardware either, so they made me out of the offer this month :cry: :cry:

chris.r wrote:
ChamomileShark wrote:I've not tried the Flux thing yet - but the best so far was the Eventide Stereo Room - especially as it then counted towards Anthology X
whoah! I had no idea about it
by saying "counted towards" you mean how much $$$ ?

I have the red plugs but no hardware either, so they made me out of the offer this month :cry: :cry:

This conversation was all the rage over Black Friday. Basically a bunch of us had received Ultrachannel and Stereo Room for free and the upgrade price to Anthology if you had any four of their plugins was under $100.

I'm not sure that you an still get that deal, they seemed to want to go back to their original idea that you had to have four plugins from the anthology. In any case, for those of us who had already bought into Eventide plugins, e.g., Blackhole, it was a pretty sweet deal.

The Stereo Room deal was originally all the way back in, I think, October, but was made available again throughout december. It's a damn nice free reverb plugin.

oh I see... their Stereo Room is the only plugin I have from Eventide

but the upgrade price was great indeed

litzblitz wrote:But then they shouldn't send me an email that I can get it for free by logging in. I just tried again and it doesn't work for me. At least they could have written, that you only get it with hardware. This would have saved me some time.
You don't need to have any hardware. Two other musos I've mentioned this two don't have the hardware (neither do I), and we've all taken advantage of it.

The latest freebie (from Flux) has been a PITA to get working, and Flux's support has stalled. The other freebies were pretty good (especially the Eventide), and I had no problems installing, activating or using them.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

sprnva wrote:From the sounds of things, unlike the earlier Plugin Collective promos, you do need to have registered Focusrite hardware to get this one.
Pity looks nice - I did consider getting their iOS dock but they stupidly left out proper midi support

planetearth wrote:
litzblitz wrote:But then they shouldn't send me an email that I can get it for free by logging in. I just tried again and it doesn't work for me. At least they could have written, that you only get it with hardware. This would have saved me some time.
You don't need to have any hardware. Two other musos I've mentioned this two don't have the hardware (neither do I), and we've all taken advantage of it.

The latest freebie (from Flux) has been a PITA to get working, and Flux's support has stalled. The other freebies were pretty good (especially the Eventide), and I had no problems installing, activating or using them.

Steve
Yeah, actually, i got the Eventide freebie. Totally forgot about that. :o Wonder why i didn't get the Flux thingie though.

chk071 wrote:
planetearth wrote:

Steve
Yeah, actually, i got the Eventide freebie. Totally forgot about that. :o Wonder why i didn't get the Flux thingie though.
Of course I don't know, but, other people have reported having other plugins from focusrite so it could be that rather than requiring X, they are simply excluding those who only have Y, where Y is the CM magazine promo.

planetearth wrote:

Steve
I got a response from Focusrite support, that "the Plugin Collective offers are for the current products registered, and not available to software products or promotions". End of support.

I have the red plugins from CM and in december the Plugin Collective plugins were available for me. Disappointed.

From the start it was supposed to be for hardware owners but they just didn't check. Maybe now they've decided that they should.

Limiting eligibility might allow them to get more good plugins to give away in the future. Eventide were probably amazed at the amount of people out there that apparently own Focusrite interfaces.

If it's a free-for-all some devs might not want to give away full version plugins and might instead opt for lite versions like BIAS FX and Surfer EQ.
Image Image Image Image

Return to “Effects”