Korg enter the Host market

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

No, not even new sounds (I think M1 iOS has some new sounds - the plugin already has the resonant filter) - the big and worthwhile difference is a usable interface (the Wavestation plugin on high resolution displays is a PITA IMHO).

But then, the new UI is not in Gadget - it is in the separate app. So, as the app does not bring anything new, they could just reference the plugin and have the limited Gadget UI. Would be great to have an update to the plugins on Mac & PC.

Honestly, I would have understood if they ported it to Win10 - where you have touch, not to OSX where you get touch optimised UI for mousing ....

best

Huh, I could have sworn the resonant filter wasn't in the Legacy version. Cool.

I have a question. Is Oddysei as accomplished as the good VST analogue emulations like Diva and Repro? I'm very curious if Korg modelling technology has improved.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

v1o wrote:I have a question. Is Oddysei as accomplished as the good VST analogue emulations like Diva and Repro? I'm very curious if Korg modelling technology has improved.
Don't you have ears ?
Duh

bungle wrote:
v1o wrote:I have a question. Is Oddysei as accomplished as the good VST analogue emulations like Diva and Repro? I'm very curious if Korg modelling technology has improved.
Don't you have ears ?
I do. I don't own Oddysei. The high cost is not justified without a demo.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

For me Odyssei is together with the Model 15 app the best "analog" sounding stuff on iOS.
I also like Odyssei much much more than Oddity 2.
Beside the arp everything is included in the Gadget (Lexington) as well.
The iWavestation Gadget (Milpitas) indeed sadly miss the deep editing of morph and crossfades settings from wavesequences f.e. but at least the very very usable randomizer is on board and having (hopefully) a lot automation parameters in my main DAW i could live with it better than with the KLC VST/AU.
The other Gadget's are mainly more a nice to have for me.

I have sene a couple of Korg reps try to oversell this and put it firmly in the same bracket as other DAWs, it isn't, it is very basic right now, sort of Reason 1 or such.
Duh

bungle wrote:I have sene a couple of Korg reps try to oversell this and put it firmly in the same bracket as other DAWs, it isn't, it is very basic right now, sort of Reason 1 or such.
I agree...while it fits well as little DAW (but even there are more complete DAWs like Auria, Cubasis etc.) on a mobile device it is far far far away from big DAW's.
Maybe it will evolve slowly in a "real" DAW.
I wouldn't be interested without the AU/VST plug-in collection.
However, for beginners as first DAW it might be a good entree....if the price is right!

Cinebient wrote:Maybe it will evolve slowly in a "real" DAW.
I'm betting against it.

Firstly, I imagine they want to keep the compatibility between os and ios; What might seem like desired functionality on the desktop version could easily be viewed as bloat, on the ios version,

Secondly, it would be odd for them to offer the gadgets for other daw's if they were planning on really developing their own desktop platform, positioned to compete

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
Cinebient wrote:Maybe it will evolve slowly in a "real" DAW.
I'm betting against it.

Firstly, I imagine they want to keep the compatibility between os and ios; What might seem like desired functionality on the desktop version could easily be viewed as bloat, on the ios version,

Secondly, it would be odd for them to offer the gadgets for other daw's if they were planning on really developing their own desktop platform, positioned to compete
Gadget exports its projects in native Ableton Live format : I think that says they don't plan to make it a full feature DAW (8 years in the making for Reason)

However, since they offer all the Gadget's as plug-ins there is also no need for it to beeing a full DAW.
And since it's mac only yet people have already tge free Garage Band if they want to start with an easy light DAW.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”