APC40, APC40mkII and APCmini support is here!

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5

pentium4powerhouse wrote: My only question;
How does this script work with multiple devices, such as mutliple APCs, or a push, or perhaps an akai midimix?
You can do that but all scripts follow the cursor track. E.g. the main application would be to have one device runnning the session view and the other a sequencer or play mode.

skysplitterink wrote:Hey Moss. They Bitwig APC40 script is amazing, I am wondering if you will have groups close on the hardware when you do it in the software. This is possible in ableton but not sure if it can happen in bitwig, but for work flow this would be amazing!

Thanks for your work.

Zach
That's currently not possible.

pentium4powerhouse wrote: My only request;
I like where you added the ability to change mode in the "shift" menu. Could you perhaps add chromatic/in key to the shift menu as well? I often prefer chromatic, and currently have to go to "play" and change the setting there.
Checkout the latest GitHub checkin :-)

i respect.
i ask some one.
sheft + Bank seletct button(left or right) = Shift+Cursor right - Move track bank focus 8 tracks up or down

i do that change mode. (Play mode)

how. no change mode. i want just bank focus 8 move.

SkulRabit wrote:i respect.
i ask some one.
sheft + Bank seletct button(left or right) = Shift+Cursor right - Move track bank focus 8 tracks up or down

i do that change mode. (Play mode)

how. no change mode. i want just bank focus 8 move.
Sorry, but I do not understand a single word.
Do you want to report a bug or this is as feature request?

There is a bug.
If you look at your manual

Shift + Cursor right - Move track bank focus 8 tracks up
Shift + Cursor left - Move track bank focus 8 tracks down

the problem is
Shift + Cursor right - Move track bank focus 8 tracks up and change 'Play mode'
Shift + Cursor left - Move track bank focus 8 tracks down and change 'Play mode'

SkulRabit wrote:There is a bug.
If you look at your manual

Shift + Cursor right - Move track bank focus 8 tracks up
Shift + Cursor left - Move track bank focus 8 tracks down

the problem is
Shift + Cursor right - Move track bank focus 8 tracks up and change 'Play mode'
Shift + Cursor left - Move track bank focus 8 tracks down and change 'Play mode'
Ah, now I understand. Yes, this can happen. I tried to workaround this but the problem is a synchronisation issue which I cannot solve in Javascript.

Time for a last 1.3.x release for the APCmini before we jump into Bitwig 2 fun:
  • New: Toggle in-key/chromatic with pad in Shift view (below the scale selection pads).
As usual get it from my homepage: http://mossgrabers.de/Software/Bitwig/Bitwig.html

WARNING:
I just pushed the latest code to GitHub which now supports the new v2 API.
https://github.com/git-moss/APC4Bitwig
https://github.com/git-moss/APCmini4Bitwig

This version is NOT compatible with 1.3.x! If you are on the Beta list feel free to give it a try.

There are still some regressions in the API, which are documented here: https://github.com/teotigraphix/Framewo ... regression

So please look there first before reporting bugs.

Now it's the time for an official release after we celebrated the Bitwig Studio 2.0 this week:

#4.00 - APC40 + APC40mkII
Requires Bitwig 2.0.
  • Fixed: Shift+Track had new clip lengths in wrong order
  • New: Shift+Track lights the selected clip length
  • New: SendA+Track lights the selected Send
  • New: Onscreen display of selected Send
  • New: If you press Shift, there are new functions if you press the pads of the first row:
    • Add instrument track
    • Add audio track
    • Add effect track
    • Add device before
    • Add device after
    • Undo
    • Redo
  • Performance improvements
#4.00 - APCmini
Requires Bitwig 2.0.
  • New: Press Shift+Device twice to open the preset browser.
  • Performance improvements

Hi there,

first of all: Great WORK! I have become much more productive due to your script(s)

Some ?bug? though in both the Bitwig 1 as well as the Bitwig 2 version for APC40mkII
  • Navigating through nested instruments (i.e. via instrument layer) as shown in the video does not work. First device is accessible with shift+right arrow, other devices will never be selected using the arrow keys.
Or do I misunderstand something here?

Thanks
Last edited by IAmLostForWords on Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

moss wrote:
  • New: If you press Shift, there are new functions if you press the pads of the first row:
    • Add instrument track
    • Add audio track
    • Add effect track
    • Add device before
    • Add device after
    • Undo
    • Redo
In the WIKI it says fifth row, which does not work :-)

IAmLostForWords wrote:Hi there,

first of all: Great WORK! I have become much more productive due to your script(s)

Some ?bug? though in both the Bitwig 1 as well as the Bitwig 2 version for APC40mkII
  • Navigating through nested instruments (i.e. via instrument layer) as shown in the video does not work. First device is accessible with shift+right arrow, other devices will never be selected using the arrow keys.
Or do I misunderstand something here?

Thanks
I find the same issue. Also the 'user' button now is inactive.

Just wanted to let you know that I am currently rewriting the framework for all my scripts. Therefore, there will be no updates or bigfixes. However, I noted all of your comments.
Cheers!

With 2.1 beta 2 the script, everything works fine

Return to “Controller Scripting”