Need help finding the right upgrade for my Korg M50

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

BBFG# wrote: Rolands seem to wear out faster than any other keyboards I've owned.
I love my Kronos RH3 the best, but my VMK188+ is right up there with it (Fatar TP40?)
Nord stage (nord HA action) is also supposedly also a tp40, and the kurzweill forte also uses it.

S88 is meant to be a tp100 - same as in the kurweill artis and nord electo (nord HP action) - it's why theyre so much lighter

you CAN bypass the whole NKS layer on the s-series controllers and use them as simple controllers (which appealed to me) - but if you're going to do that you can get the same action from another vendor at a better price (though the s-series does score on looks)

jdnz wrote:
BBFG# wrote: Rolands seem to wear out faster than any other keyboards I've owned.
I love my Kronos RH3 the best, but my VMK188+ is right up there with it (Fatar TP40?)
Nord stage (nord HA action) is also supposedly also a tp40, and the kurzweill forte also uses it. S88 is meant to be a tp100 - same as in the kurweill artis and nord electo (nord HP action) - it's why theyre so much lighter you CAN bypass the whole NKS layer on the s-series controllers and use them as simple controllers (which appealed to me) - but if you're going to do that you can get the same action from another vendor at a better price (though the s-series does score on looks)
I think the Studiologic SL88 uses both the TP40 & TP100 depending on model. The lighter one is about half the price of the NI-S88. But it's NI's recent change in how they appear to deal with their customer base now that makes me skeptical of continuing to own anything more of theirs. The line between 'pretty' and 'pretty annoying' has gotten blurred enough where even lighted keys are just not worth the extra time and hassle in using them.

Nord and Kurzweil? I've always wanted to love them, but every time I've played them, I walk away disappointed (not a fan of their sound).

Update: I bought a Kronos 2! My wife and brother talked me into it and it just felt too good to play. Everyone got me thinking about stage pianos now... so maybe a second purchase down the line. :wink:

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”