i need your advice about EQ

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

my choice is finally the Sir Standard EQ , but i am VERY dry , i have to wait ...Thx for all your reply friends.

.jon wrote:MEqualizer is free.

https://www.meldaproduction.com/MEqualizer
thx i will download it and compare it to Standard EQ to see if the difference are notable or not.

hivkorn wrote:
Cubase 9 has that feature as well. Open the channel strip settings and go to inserts then select the routing tab. Click on the insert that you want to change the routing for and choose mono. Now double click to bring up the routing editor and you can use the arrow buttons to select which side the insert processes.
English is not my native language and honnestly i don't really understand your explanation
Look up "Routing Editor" in the manual. In Cubase, inserts can be configured to only process one channel.

The new eq with Cubase 9 pro should have the L R feature.

i was pretty sure it was mid/sid only...
I will take a look if it do it...

If your DAW is Logic, 10.3 can do it natively now.

Just insert an eq as Dual-Mono, left and right could then be processed separately.

Bouroki wrote:Pretty sure Toneboosters EQ has this too.
Yep, the cheap one included in the Track bundle as well, not only the more expensive FIX one. One can select the channel for each band separately.

I use Blue Cat's free Triple EQ, easy to use and light as a feather CPU wise.

http://www.kvraudio.com/product/blue-ca ... -cat-audio

P.S. Got the "January Blues" too, too many end of year specials last year :lol:

Melda's free EQ does this. In fact all of melda's EQ can do this I believe. Check out this video at 0:36
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuVcH7Gq5x8

Chandlerhimself wrote:Melda's free EQ does this. In fact all of melda's EQ can do this I believe. Check out this video at 0:36
I pointed this out on page 1, but I got the impression hivkorn was perhaps looking for an EQ that you could select any channel (L/L+R/R/Mid/Side) per band.

Allthough I could be wrong, but I got that impression from the following sentence...
hivkorn wrote: ...I mean not mid / side mode...Something able to process only R or only L or only the mid...
So I suggested Tonebossters FIX and Sir StandardEQ
Booth these EQ has the option to choose any channel per filter (Left,Right,Stereo,Mid,Side)...

I did not suggest Toneboosters EQ since it color the sound, I believe hivkorn didn't want that since he used PSP EQ's for coloring.

That is if I understood him correctly here:
hivkorn wrote: It don't add 'coloration' to the sound ? I mean no 'vintage' emu ? ( i have my favorite PSP to apply color)

So with many others you need workarounds, like Melda you need two instances, one in Left+Right mode followed by a second in Mid+Side mode...

Allthough I really like Melda (MTotalBundle Owner) I tend to use Sir StandardEQ or Tonebosters FiX mainly for this option... unless there's any specific task which there is any specific EQ that truly gives a better result.

Kr3eM wrote:
Chandlerhimself wrote:Melda's free EQ does this. In fact all of melda's EQ can do this I believe. Check out this video at 0:36
I pointed this out on page 1, but I got the impression hivkorn was perhaps looking for an EQ that you could select any channel (L/L+R/R/Mid/Side) per band.

Allthough I could be wrong, but I got that impression from the following sentence...
hivkorn wrote: ...I mean not mid / side mode...Something able to process only R or only L or only the mid...

So with many others you need workarounds, like Melda you need two instances, one in Left+Right mode followed by a second in Mid+Side mode...

Allthough I really like Melda (MTotalBundle Owner) I tend to use Sir StandardEQ or Tonebosters FiX mainly for this option... unless there's any specific task which there is any specific EQ that truly gives a better result.

With the Melda EQ you can select Right of Left per band. In the video it shows how to do it. You can set Band 1 to right, band 2 to left and Band 3 to left and right. It's easy. You don't need 2 instances, you can it just by right clicking the band and selecting the channel. The same can be done with Mid side if you set the plugin to mid side mode.

Chandlerhimself wrote: With the Melda EQ you can select Right of Left per band. In the video it shows how to do it. You can set Band 1 to right, band 2 to left and Band 3 to left and right. It's easy. You don't need 2 instances, you can it just by right clicking the band and selecting the channel. The same can be done with Mid side if you set the plugin to mid side mode.
Once again, I said I pointed out exactly this on page one...
Kr3eM wrote:
hivkorn wrote:I've just look at the melda video , it does process L or R but it seems i can't use only one EQ to treat R or L or Mid....
Somewhat incorrect I believe, if you right click on a eq-band you will see further settings in which you can choose LEFT / LEFT+RIGHT / RIGHT per band ( if you choosen Mid+Side it will be accordingly)
If you read what I written carefully I hope I made it very clear that I was talking about how it appears that he only wants to eq L or R seperatly however if you actually read what he has written it seems like he actually wants more than only L/R option.

Lets take this quote...
hivkorn wrote:it seems i can't use only one EQ to treat R or L or Mid....
Contemplate the "R or L or Mid" it suggest he wants to be able to do ALL of those in one EQ instance...

This is not possible in Melda, YOU CAN NOT choose one band as Left and another as Mid. You either have the choices of L/L+R/R or S/S+M/M.

Toneboosters FIX/EQ & Sir StandardEQ does not have this limit, you can choose any channel freely per band within one instance (L/L+R/R/M/S).

EDIT Addon:
Chandlerhimself wrote: You can set Band 1 to right, band 2 to left and Band 3 to left and right
...and just for the sake of clarity, that setup would be (1)Right (2)Left (3)Left & Right - this last one is 'Stereo' which is not the same as Mid.
...and I DO NOT say that is what Chandlerhimself is saying, I just wanted to add that in case there are people who are not that familiar with the terms...

Last edited by Kr3eM on Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

There is also Eekjuliza!

https://audio.d3ck.net/products/Eekjuli ... /Eekjuliza

Updated soon!

Cheers!

Kr3eM wrote:
Chandlerhimself wrote: With the Melda EQ you can select Right of Left per band. In the video it shows how to do it. You can set Band 1 to right, band 2 to left and Band 3 to left and right. It's easy. You don't need 2 instances, you can it just by right clicking the band and selecting the channel. The same can be done with Mid side if you set the plugin to mid side mode.
Once again, I said I pointed out exactly this on page one...
Kr3eM wrote:
hivkorn wrote:I've just look at the melda video , it does process L or R but it seems i can't use only one EQ to treat R or L or Mid....
Somewhat incorrect I believe, if you right click on a eq-band you will see further settings in which you can choose LEFT / LEFT+RIGHT / RIGHT per band ( if you choosen Mid+Side it will be accordingly)
If you read what I written carefully I hope I made it very clear that I was talking about how it appears that he only wants to eq L or R seperatly however if you actually read what he has written it seems like he actually wants more than only L/R option.

Lets take this quote...
hivkorn wrote:it seems i can't use only one EQ to treat R or L or Mid....
Contemplate the "R or L or Mid" it suggest he wants to be able to do ALL of those in one EQ instance...

This is not possible in Melda, YOU CAN NOT choose one band as Left and another as Mid. You either have the choices of L/L+R/R or S/S+M/M.

Toneboosters FIX/EQ & Sir StandardEQ does not have this limit, you can choose any channel freely per band within one instance (L/L+R/R/M/S).

EDIT Addon:
Chandlerhimself wrote: You can set Band 1 to right, band 2 to left and Band 3 to left and right
...and just for the sake of clarity, that setup would be (1)Right (2)Left (3)Left & Right - this last one is 'Stereo' which is not the same as Mid.
...and I DO NOT say that is what Chandlerhimself is saying, I just wanted to add that in case there are people who are not that familiar with the terms...

I misunderstood. That seems like a strange request to me, but you are correct MEQ can't do that.

Return to “Effects”