Synapse Audio Minimoog emulation "The Legend" for VST/AU and RE released!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Legend

wagtunes wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:So where exactly is that sound, I don't want to listen to 10 minutes of ELP 8)
The intro.
Sounds like real brass to me 8)

wagtunes wrote:Okay, I just listened to the 3 patches I made and there is no question that Diva comes the closest. In fact, it's really good. It's the envelope. There is something about the Diva envelopes that just work better for this sound. Dune 2's isn't as punchy. More mush. Not a lot more. Just enough to not fit just right, for me anyway. Arturia, forget it. Not even in the running.

So I'm just going to go with Diva because it's close enough. I don't need another Minimoog emulation even if it is polyphonic.

There is a factory preset called '055 Velocity Brass MK' that, with minimal tweaking, sounds very close (i DL the crappy audio form YT and tried it) :shrug:

fluffy_little_something wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:So where exactly is that sound, I don't want to listen to 10 minutes of ELP 8)
The intro.
That's the GX 1. Amazing sound.

wagtunes wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
The intro.
Yes, cuts like a knife :)

wagtunes wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
The intro.
Yes, cuts like a knife :)
Keith Emerson didn't play on crappy stuff, that's for sure.

...infact, check out all of MK's stuff. He makes great old school sounds 8)

He did some stuff for D2, a whole bank for D1, pretty sure he's done Zebra too.

AnX wrote:...infact, check out all of MK's stuff. He makes great old school sounds 8)

MK has done a ton of stuff for a lot of things including the FabFilter stuff. But the synth itself, one of my favorites, is just the wrong sound engine. Maybe you don't hear it and that's fine. But I do. It's just not quite right for what I'm trying to do. That's why I don't own just one synth. In fact, that's why I own over 100 synths. Each one has its place if you're trying to be as pinpoint perfect as you can. If not, then yeah, pretty much anything will do.

And none of your 100 synths can make such sounds?! 8)

fluffy_little_something wrote:And none of your 100 synths can make such sounds?! 8)
I have a ton of synths that can make very similar sounds. As AnX said, it's not a "special" sound. In fact, it is a very stereotypical sound from the era. But not every synth is going to be the same tonal quality. Not every synth has the same quality filters and envelopes. And thus, some synths are going to come CLOSER to the sound I want than others.

This should not be a difficult concept to grasp otherwise we'd all just buy one synth and be done with it.

And yes, I did find one synth that is so close that I can barely tell the difference and that's Diva on divine mode. It's gonna suck the life out of my CPU but I'll just freeze the track when I'm done with it and that'll be the end of it.

wagtunes wrote:
AnX wrote:...infact, check out all of MK's stuff. He makes great old school sounds 8)

MK has done a ton of stuff for a lot of things including the FabFilter stuff. But the synth itself, one of my favorites, is just the wrong sound engine. Maybe you don't hear it and that's fine. But I do. It's just not quite right for what I'm trying to do. That's why I don't own just one synth. In fact, that's why I own over 100 synths. Each one has its place if you're trying to be as pinpoint perfect as you can. If not, then yeah, pretty much anything will do.
I tweaked further for 10 mins and it sounded 99% to me (hard to really tell from a YT vid recorded on a phone) But ok, its not for you. Just trying to help. Good luck.

...apologies for the major thread derail..

AnX wrote:
wagtunes wrote:

I tweaked further for 10 mins and it sounded 99% to me (hard to really tell from a YT vid recorded on a phone) But ok, its not for you. Just trying to help. Good luck.
Listen to the ELP intro. The first video really doesn't do it justice. Thanks for your help. It's just the wrong synth for what I'm trying to do. I've found my solution and that's what I'm going with.

PatchAdamz wrote:Just a heads up for all those who purchased "Legendary" expansion.

It is now available in both the Rack Extension and VST format.

MORE INFO HERE.
Great news, tnxs

fluffy_little_something wrote:And none of your 100 synths can make such sounds?! 8)
:lol:

Anyway, it took me less than one minute to have the desired brass sound. I don't know, for synth brass sounds, Oberheim and DX7 come to my mind immediately. So, my to go brass sounds currently is FM8 (but the brass sound is a basic sound, so I think most synths are capable of it! If you want a realistic one or near, then use samples in Kontakt or whatsever).
FM8_Brass.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

EnGee wrote:
:lol:

Anyway, it took me less than one minute to have the desired brass sound. I don't know, for synth brass sounds, Oberheim and DX7 come to my mind immediately. So, my to go brass sounds currently is FM8 (but the brass sound is a basic sound, so I think most synths are capable of it! If you want a realistic one or near, then use samples in Kontakt or whatsever).
FM8_Brass.JPG
Hey, that's great. You found something that works for you and I found something that works for me

Isn't life wonderful?

Return to “Instruments”