Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I saw Repro-1 has NKS support, i am curious if it will come to Hive

Hive is one of the first ones I made a NKS template for:

https://www.native-instruments.com/foru ... st-1431937

but eventually it will probably get full NKS support for presets too but u-he need to do that - with the template you can at least control it which is more important imho

(tbh I think KK has extremely limited value as a preset librarian for most third party plugins compared to NI Kore anyway - the only exception being for u-he plugins that have the only sane approach to the problem which is to provide their own built-in conversion tool)

Hive is next on our list for NKS support.

We have an incredibly long list of things to do though, and some other projects have been started before. One fine day one of our devs will sit in front of our project management software and reckon "Oh, I'll do this now". And it'll take a few weeks and then it'll be there (possibly paired with a bunch of other improvements which we have scheduled).

@aMUSEd Thanks for the templates!

@Urs I am glad to hear it. Looking forward to it, thank you!

Nowadays I'm searching for a new midi keyboard for controlling piano/synth plugins.
I use some NI plugins (mainly FM8, Reaktor, Kontakt) so Komplete Keyboards grab my attention.
Tried the Komplete Kontrol plugin, and also tried the Hardware+plugin in a shop.
I'm still undecided whether buy it or not.

My other favorite plugins are from developers such as u-he, rob papen, kv331 audio, gforce software, lennardigital.
Currently only Diva and Repro are nks compatible from u-he,
almost all Rob Papen plugs have nks support,
and it seems none of kv331,gforce and lennardigital. (don't mention synth1 and dexed ... :)
Also VPS Avenger lacks nks support I think.

And this is just plugin support. But there are thousands of third party presets, for example
for u-he Diva - They are not included in the nks supported presets.

Plus there are competitor(s), for example Akai has the Virtual Instrument Player (VIP) software integrated with their keyboards.
/I haven't tried that yet/

So I'm planning to investigate first the Komplete Kontrol plugin deeper.
I think I can save some Synth1 and Dexed presets into the existing nks presets.

Also found these site:
https://freelancesoundlabs.com/index.ph ... l-maschine
But don't want to spend extra cash on nks presets.

And this is the other midi keyboard I have found - If I decide not to buy Komplete Keyboard, than I will buy this:
https://www.studiologic-music.com/products/sl-studio/

The Freelance stuff is very reasonably priced and well worth it. There is a free pack of all Hive factory presets converted to NKS now in the NKS user library, but with the new release these will no longer be needed as it will have support built in. All u-he plugins that get the new browser including Diva and Repro already (with the exception of Zebra 2 but there is a pack of the factory presets in NKS format in the user library too) can export NKS natively so there is a way to also get the third party content out of them, u-he is unique there.

Hmm later I will try this native diva nks export of 3rd party presets. Thx for letting know

dune_rave wrote:Hmm later I will try this native diva nks export of 3rd party presets. Thx for letting know
It works very well, but they need to be tagged.

It works well enough if you are happy for your own presets and third party banks to get mixed up with factory content. If you don't want that or prefer to keep banks organised by bank then things are somewhat more complicated.

Yes, always tag them first.

One question with komplete kontrol.
Now I have the full version of the software, but i don't have the NI hardware (i don't want it either).
I have another midi controller with lots of faders and rotary controls.
My goal is to link a rotary control to the first macro of page 1 in Komplete Kontrol plugin.
In Reaper this can be done in some simple steps:
-insert komplete kontrol on a track
-load a preset (for example a RePro-1 preset)
-set the automation mode of the track to 'write'
-move the first macro (this time it's Cutoff) with the mouse - now the automation envelope track appears for that parameter
-click 'midi learn' at this envelope track, and turn a rotary control on my controller
-now midi channel 1 cc1 is linked with that parameter

BUT

if I change the preset, and this time a RePro-5 preset is loaded, and the first macro is also 'Cutoff'
the previous assignment is not working anymore

ALSO
If the preset change results that another instrument loads (for example Rob Papen Blue II),
the assignment is still gone.....

Is it possible to link a control from a "not NI controller" hardware with a control of a komplete kontrol plugin in that way, that the assignment remains after preset changes?

**I thought I can receive answer quicker if I post it here, of course I could create a support ticket at NI**

Unfortunately no, its made to work with the NI hardware, you can assign other controllers using midi learn as you have done but there is no way to make a controller map that stays consistent between plugins except in the NI hardware since they don't actually use midi internally for control.

Thanks for the answer, I thought this is the case.

Return to “u-he”