Komplete 9 Update Kontakt 5?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If I get Komplete 9 Ultimate, can I update to the latest Kontakt 5 version?

Thanks.

Yep. I have K9 Standard and can run the latest Kontakt.
Image Image Image Image

Definitely. I have Komplete 8 and have updated Kontakt at no charge.
Kurzweil PC4; Korg Kronos 61 (2); Casio PX-350M

Yep. Every point update is free. It's the version upgrades (such as 4 to 5) that aren't.

ew
A spectral heretic...

Komplete 9 came with a fully upgraded Kontakt 5.

But NI's most current bundle is Komplete 11. I do not know how NI handles bundles that are out of product cycle, particularly an "Ultimate" bundle.

I tried to install and register Komplete 9 through the service center. Got an error, saying it's not transferable. I have no previous versions of anything. I don't need to have anything previous, right? The seller gave me the transfer ID. I have the serial number too. Any ideas?

[when I entered the transfer ID, it gives the error: The update/upgrade could not be activated because your User Account does not contain the appropriate base product. ]

jimlau wrote:I tried to install and register Komplete 9 through the service center. Got an error, saying it's not transferable. I have no previous versions of anything. I don't need to have anything previous, right? The seller gave me the transfer ID. I have the serial number too. Any ideas?

[when I entered the transfer ID, it gives the error: The update/upgrade could not be activated because your User Account does not contain the appropriate base product. ]
It means just what it says. He sold you an upgrade or crossgrade; you need whatever he used as the qualifying product. Furthermore, that should have been included in the deal; when somebody sells an upgrade/crossgrade, they sell whatever qualifying product they used to get the upgrade/crossgrade.

ew
A spectral heretic...

If I register drummica (which I was told qualifies as a cross grade for Kontakt I think), could that allow me to qualify for K9 cross grade?

AFAIK, no. Drummica could crossgrade to kontakt, but not to komplete.
Easiest way to check is by clicking "buy now" on komplete page. They have a dropdown saying full version, update, upgrade, and if you click any one, they'll list what product qualifies for that option.

If you are logged in and have qualifying product in your account, they will auto-select the cheapest option. Otherwise, they'll say something like "you do not qualify for a crossgrade/update"

EDIT: If your seller was selling komplete (without mentioning upgrade/crossgrade), then he should also transfer the base product he used for crossgrade, not only the komplete crossgrade. I think you should contact him again to reconfirm.

Return to “Instruments”