Reaper Updates

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
REAPER

Reaper is like a bad-ass secret mountain bike trail that will get worse if you tell people about it and it get's over-run. The general public will want to smooth out the trail and remove all of the "difficult" features.

Go away people, Reaper sucks! Nothing to see here! :D

digitalboytn wrote:
woggle wrote:Definitely time for me to take a holiday
Or to go and make some music :wink:
hey, pay attention :) all done in Reaper viewtopic.php?f=14&t=477525

E gads!

I remember a time where updates were almost daily.

I swear, the "go and make some music" thing still pisses me off to this day :x Like people who discuss things (or are on a lot) don't :roll:

You know, some of us are old. Some of us don't need jobs, and never wanted or have a family. Imagine that..........

The updates are mainly bug fixes though, which haven't been tested in any way, so the same ones are fixed numerous times. Gives the fanbois long release notes to fap over!

.jon wrote:The updates are mainly bug fixes though, which haven't been tested in any way, so the same ones are fixed numerous times. Gives the fanbois long release notes to fap over!
there are no bugs in Reaper - only user errors

:lol:

woggle wrote:
.jon wrote:The updates are mainly bug fixes though, which haven't been tested in any way, so the same ones are fixed numerous times. Gives the fanbois long release notes to fap over!
there are no bugs in host x - only user errors

Sorry, had to fix that.

incubus wrote:
woggle wrote:
there are no bugs in host x - only user errors

Sorry, had to fix that.
thanks - dunno how that error crept in - must have been a typo

woggle wrote:Decades ago as a kid I used to find it strange when people started wearing Camel cigarette t-shirts. It seemed so bizarre to identify that strongly with a company you didn't even work for. Of course that manipulation of people's emotional attachments is commonplace now and one has to actively resist mis- identifying. Trumpeters are the current classics, where the the disconnect between personal interest and behaviour is as strong as I've ever seen
I don't really understand what you are saying about trumpeters here. Do you mean something similar to the camel t-shirt thing - eg wearing a Miles Davis t-shirt? What disconnect do you have in mind?

egbert wrote:
woggle wrote:Decades ago as a kid I used to find it strange when people started wearing Camel cigarette t-shirts. It seemed so bizarre to identify that strongly with a company you didn't even work for. Of course that manipulation of people's emotional attachments is commonplace now and one has to actively resist mis- identifying. Trumpsters are the current classics, where the the disconnect between personal interest and behaviour is as strong as I've ever seen
I don't really understand what you are saying about trumpeters here. Do you mean something similar to the camel t-shirt thing - eg wearing a Miles Davis t-shirt? What disconnect do you have in mind?
Ha Ha - that really is a typo - should read Trumpsters

classic embarrassing fuckup by me:)

incubus wrote:I swear, the "go and make some music" thing still pisses me off to this day :x Like people who discuss things (or are on a lot) don't :roll:
That's too bad...

Music always speaks much louder than any words...

There's a lot of cheap talk around here,but when the music is put up to support the rhetoric,that is where the truth kicks in and it is a very revealing thing :wink:
No auto tune...

lachrimae wrote:Reaper is like a bad-ass secret mountain bike trail that will get worse if you tell people about it and it get's over-run. The general public will want to smooth out the trail and remove all of the "difficult" features.
Yep - they just did the same to Tracktion 8 by the looks of it.

digitalboytn wrote:
incubus wrote:I swear, the "go and make some music" thing still pisses me off to this day :x Like people who discuss things (or are on a lot) don't :roll:
That's too bad...

Music always speaks much louder than any words...

There's a lot of cheap talk around here,but when the music is put up to support the rhetoric,that is where the truth kicks in and it is a very revealing thing :wink:
if you've got a pointed comment to make about the music I posted - and the music on my soundcloud site in general then make it here. No need to be shy or veiled - why not post some of yours as well?

I haven't listened to your music Mr Woggle,so I wasn't referring to you at all...

Do you have a guilty conscience ? :wink:
No auto tune...

digitalboytn wrote:
Do you have a guilty conscience ? :wink:
I think this is where I go "Isn't that for me to know and you to find out?"

I know right? :hihi: That annoys me also, how some seem to be completely oblivious to the idea that not everyone using a daw is a music producer. It's the "the world revolves around what I do" syndrome.

I've used daws for 30 years and I rarely "make music". I'm an engineer, a facilitator. When I do make original music (I do play keys and a little bass) it mostly sucks.

I know people who've used daws to make a living and have never written a single original song ever. If you tell them "go make music" they might tell you "go make money". :hihi:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”