GrainSpace updated to v2.5 - Granular Reverb Processor - AAX, AU, CLAP, VST2, VST3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
GrainSpace

I gotta say this feels much more "immediate" than Clouds. Olivier (the Mutable Instruments guy) mentions that to get the most out of this sort of thing you need to ensure that each sown grain is different, generally by modulating the position, pitch and size. In the module this means bringing in a bunch of modulation sources, attenuators and the like making for a big mess of cables (even for Eurorack), but this is all built in to GrainSpace.

I like it, especially for thirty bucks. I'll use this in tracks when I can't bother to use a Clouds, and I think it'll give me ideas for using the hardware as well.

^ Yeah, GrainSpace definitely has a very "approachable" feel. I can fire it up and dial in a grain cloud in a matter of seconds...no fuss no muss. I like plugins that don't try to re-invent the wheel, but take pre-existing concepts and make them more intuitive.

I'm also a fan of the "Granite" granular sampler from New Sonic Arts. I really like the recordable automation that will loop knob tweaks on the fly. I would love to see that sort of thing happen with GrainSpace, even though that would be a huge undertaking.

Thanks for the tip, the automation functions ("motion control") are really great. They would be very useful for live audio performance.
Also, The Mangle deserves to be mentioned here (nice GUI, but no on-the-fly knob loops - and much cheaper).
But unfortunately, Granite and Mangle don't allow live audio input.

Chick Sangria wrote:Thanks for the tip, the automation functions ("motion control") are really great. They would be very useful for live audio performance.
Also, The Mangle deserves to be mentioned here (nice GUI, but no on-the-fly knob loops - and much cheaper).
But unfortunately, Granite and Mangle don't allow live audio input.
As far as granular effects go, GrainSpace is one of the best I've used so far. I usually reach for the stock Grain Delay within Ableton, then smear reverb all over it...but you don't have things like "position" and "stretch". GrainSpace actually reminds me of the Grain Cloud modules in Reaktor...minus the "jitter".

^Correction: The "RND SIZE" knob basically IS a jitter control :S

Hey guys, thanks for your love!
Anyway, I just want to warn you that a bug in the OSX installer has been found: if you have created a custom folder inside GrainSpace presets, then the factory presets won't get updated when you install v1.0.1
This will be fixed as soon as possibile. In the meanwhile, before installing 1.0.1, just move your folder outside GrainSpace presets folder, install and then move it back.

Luca

OSX Installer fixed! Please download v1.0.1 from the product page and install it again. Now you'll find the new presets correctly showing.

Luca

Audiority wrote:OSX Installer fixed! Please download v1.0.1 from the product page and install it again. Now you'll find the new presets correctly showing.
Luca
There is some kind of problem with de dmg file. I can´t open it, "image not recognized" it says...MacOs 10.12.2

Sorry, there's was an hiccup with our download manager. Please try again now.

Cheers,
Luca

How do you get the update there's no user area and original download links will have expired after 7 days?

To update download and install the demo version from the product page. It won't overwrite your license file.

Cheers,
Luca

Without opening the manual, I tried this in demo on piano, cymbals synths etc and whatever I tried, it sounded quite good. It is addictive, easy to use and a lot of fun.
So I got myself a license.
Windows 7, Cubase 9.5 and some extra plug-ins | Takamine EN-10C and PRS Mira

Tried twice but unable to purchase.
After going through PayPal and being redirected to the developers site I get a page that states

The VAT ID entered is incorrect.....Blah blah

And a button that states Complete Order that doesn't do anything
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Return to “Effects”