MOK Waverazor

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Waverazor

Just announced at NAMM apparently. It looks right up my alley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nfGBwumpgc

http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2017/ ... namm-show/

One of the ugliest sounding synth presentations I've ever heard.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Looks like it was designed by someone who thought " how can we make a synth thats a real pita to use..."

Sounds like Venom?
The founders have been involved in the creation of synth like the M-Audio Venom, Alesis Andromeda and more.
recursive one wrote:One of the ugliest sounding synth presentations I've ever heard.
+1

Who would post a couple of minutes noodling as a promo vid for a new synth ?

If the aim was to show that this thing could produce really annying noise, they succeeded. It's ugly as hell, and I didn't see anything appealing in this. If the authors were involved in the creation of Andromeda, I bet it wasn't designing the architecture of the synth, or it's UI (that one was designed by Axel Hartmann, if I remember well).
Last edited by fmr on Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Fernando (FMR)

I actually like the GUI (maybe a different color scheme, but as a layout, it's cool). Sounds... interesting. But then again, I also love (& own) Venom, so :) Not everyone's cup of tea, I get it. But hey, seeing the 1000th emulation of a freakin' analogue synth is not my cup of tea either... :hihi:
TELURICA - "Made In ___ [INSERT LOCATION]" - EP.
Available now on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/telurica/sets/ma ... t-location

GUI reminds me of Audio Damage's Basic

Different tastes I guess. I too am incredibly bored by emulations of subtractive analog synths from the 70s and find this one pretty damned exciting. And I thought the video effectively communicated what the synth sounds like and does.
recursive one wrote:One of the ugliest sounding synth presentations I've ever heard.
recursive one wrote:If it sounds good to you, it sounds good to you, full stop.
:lol:

I don't know what it reminds, I know that I would never buy (or even use, even if it was given for free) something like that. And again, the basic mistake: Red and bright blue over black... The red is almost invisible, and the bright blue over black hurts. These guys clearly don't know what these color combinations can look to some people.

If they want to create something like that, make it in black and white - at least it's clear and readable (but still dull and ugly)
Fernando (FMR)

The UI reminds me of synthwave album covers with exaggerated vector graphics, except they'd have to be edged a little closer to magenta and cyan... which would improve the contrast a bit. The execution could be better, but I actually like the style.

AnX wrote:Looks like it was designed by someone who thought " how can we make a synth thats a real pita to use..."
Thought it was just me. :D

But, as foosnark said, each to his like.

No hope. Even with a Valhalla reverb stacked right after that thing, it would still sound awful and ugly.

What's the point of this video?! What the relation to 'music'?
Please don't say it is a new genre called Noisestep!

I much more prefer another Moog emulation :hihi:

God that UI is bad. Aesthetically bad and functionally bad.

Return to “Instruments”