Diva 2 Wishlist (purely hypothetical, nothing in development)

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

When the Repro-1 filter research is leveraged in Diva then it's supposed to be both lighter and more accurate.
Last edited by omiroad on Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

onathanj wrote:But back to topic, the heavy cpu-usage of Diva is still the only complaints people have as far as I´we seen among forums and musician friends. And thats from people who use great processors aswell. Not everyone make simple edm-ish music with a few synth instances per song. So improved cpu usage would be mostly welcome!
A WITCH! A WITCH!! A WWWWITTTTTCCCCCH!!! BURN HER!

Burn her but please start with friends and forum members who are lying about their processors performance -- they are way worse than edm producers.

P.S. When you run dry of edm Producers there is euro-techno and euro-disco producers too.
Murderous duck!

david.beholder wrote:
2ZrgE wrote: And the $300 dollar includes all the work I'd have installing all the things I collected over a couple of years, with all that serial number inputting, online activation, configuring, downloading software tools, giving Windows the look and feel I want etc. :P

Sometimes things are not as easy as they seem.
WRONG! Your processor have no id, motherboard/network card does ;) i.e. no reinstallation would be needed at all.

I don't know, I want to switch to a new notebook and upgrade from Win7 to Win10 - not sure if I just could stick my ssd/hd into the new laptop and continue working flawlessly...

2ZrgE wrote: I don't know, I want to switch to a new notebook and upgrade from Win7 to Win10 - not sure if I just could stick my ssd/hd into the new laptop and continue working flawlessly...
New notebook != new porcessor
Altho there are tons of way of falwles or semi-flawless migration but that's whole another topic
Murderous duck!

david.beholder wrote:
2ZrgE wrote: I don't know, I want to switch to a new notebook and upgrade from Win7 to Win10 - not sure if I just could stick my ssd/hd into the new laptop and continue working flawlessly...
New notebook != new porcessor
Altho there are tons of way of falwles or semi-flawless migration but that's whole another topic
"New notebook != new porcessor" <--- actually, this is wrong (not only the spelling of the word processor). As ≈99,99% of people won't change their processor in their new laptop with their old one, the CPU in the new laptop ≡ a new processor.

Maybe it isn't a newer iteration/model processor...

exmatproton wrote: "New notebook != new porcessor" <--- actually, this is wrong (not only the spelling of the word processor). As ≈99,99% of people won't change their processor in their new laptop with their old one, the CPU in the new laptop ≡ a new processor.

Look both of your statements are wrong but if you think they are right I'm ok.
This conversation it's far from both context of what I was talking about and original topic.
Murderous duck!

david.beholder wrote:
exmatproton wrote: "New notebook != new porcessor" <--- actually, this is wrong (not only the spelling of the word processor). As ≈99,99% of people won't change their processor in their new laptop with their old one, the CPU in the new laptop ≡ a new processor.

Look both of your statements are wrong but if you think they are right I'm ok.
This conversation it's far from both context of what I was talking about and original topic.
Let's just say that your statement was faulty, but i know what you mean. The iteration/version/model of the cpu can be same in a new laptop. Ofcourse there is a new CPU in a new laptop...(unless one bought a second hand laptop.... :clown: )

And, indeed, to make my statement work i only had to write the following;

As ≈99,99% of people won't change their processor in their new laptop with their old one, the CPU in the new laptop ≡ a new processor.

exmatproton wrote: Let's just say that your statement was faulty, but i know what you mean.
It's not faulty it's totally correct as in "abcd" != "abc", 99.9 != 100
Even your new laptop could be the same model/brand as your old so cpu in new laptop would be like in old laptop.

And damn I'm not talking about this anymore
Murderous duck!

For "Diva 2", I would want to see a broader scope. That is not just more modules, but more functionality and flexibility to cover more ground in terms of sounds you can create.

Comparing Diva to Repro-1 made me think about this. What makes it more than a handful of emulations? Right now there's mixing and matching modules, but that could just be the start for possibilties beyond what the real hardware can do.

In other words, being able to do as much "analog" sounds as possible (without it becoming a modular synth), that would be a true sequel to Diva.

I still love Diva, and use it in every project, but today Repro and for example "The Legend" shows just another level :-) So I see some improvement demand for Diva here :-)

My wishlist for Diva 2 in order of importance:
1. Filters that can be opened a bit more (less "dullness")
2. Improved filters (like Repro)
3. Drive/Multidrive for the Moog module (there is enough place near Feedback control :-))
4. Separate release control for Moog envelope (yes, Sub37 and voyager have it ;-))
5. Better CPU optimization or at least no more CPU consumption for the new version.
6. Further emulations (Polivox, Repro)
7. Modulation UI improvements (something like Repro)

PS:
Probably points 1+2 can be done together, and even for Diva 1.5? This is what hurts mostly today.

alexpen wrote: 3. Drive/Multidrive for the Moog module
I heavily agree with this. Having a drive control for every filter would be my number one request.

Man, it's bothersome to see all of these comments about brightness. All of the other synths I've tried sound way too bright and sterile. Diva doesn't sound dull, it sounds warm, imo.

alexpen wrote:I still love Diva, and use it in every project, but today Repro and for example "The Legend" shows just another level :-)
Get outta here, those don't sound that much better.

Future State wrote:Man, it's bothersome to see all of these comments about brightness. All of the other synths I've tried sound way too bright and sterile. Diva doesn't sound dull, it sounds warm, imo.
Regarding the "brighteness"... I honestly don't know what it is exactly: higher cutoff, more oversampling, different algorithms? But the difference is definitely there. Repro sounds absolutely great in this regard, Diva is not quite there.

Alexpen, i thought the same actually the other night and went ahead and copied some patches from the legend over to Diva. In particular some larger amounts of filterfm (osc1 vsosc3, mind) got me that sparkle. Also keep in mind legend patches are usually louder and in stereo 4 voice unison. Also Diva divine vs great makes a lot of difference sometimes.

I think in part it is how presets were designed for Diva.
PhasePhckr (modular MPE VSTi) G+
Fatar88Lux (dyi MIDI brain) bitbucket
Assault Opera - sound cloud | spotify

Return to “u-he”