Elektron Digitakt

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Release Spring (€650 approx)

Introducing Digitakt - Beat making powerhouse
We're excited to announce Digitakt, an eight track digital drum machine and sampler. The rich feature set, the powerful digital sound engine, the compact size and the all new back-lit buttons and super crisp OLED screen make it a portable and focused instrument for producers and live musicians. And eight dedicated MIDI tracks, all featuring legendary Elektron sequencer tricks, elevate Digitakt to a capable control hub.

Homina Homina Homina.

So getting one of these, I was looking around at various samplers, wondering whether I should go for an older one but this has just about everything I'd use.. enough sample time for plenty of drums plus some effects, and live sampling.. built in reverb and delay, digital filters but I'm sure they sound pretty nice.. It would have been nice to see some DAC emulation/sample rate reduction like on TAL Sampler.. Could still be in there though who knows.

The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious ; it is the
fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science.
-- Albert Einstein

Last edited by db3 on Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

Why they f**k can't I use the midi sequencer to control other devices with my much more expensive analog rytm? It's slightly annoying.

masterhiggins wrote:Why they f**k can't I use the midi sequencer to control other devices with my much more expensive analog rytm? It's slightly annoying.
It is, unfortunately, the elektron modus operandi .... if they did allow it in the rytm, you'd be less likely if not completely unlikely to buy this new box. This is the same right across the board for all their devices .... you're not supposed to simply own one elektron instrument :p

looks interesting indeed. will wait for more reviews. hopefully one from sonic state. i am curious what it is capable of.

i'm hoping for battery power .... otherwise the pros & cons of the small form factor seem wasted. for my uses at least.

I can't imagine how one of these will not find it's way into my life, but it does seem a bit like a mini octatrack. It looks like good fun though and battery powered would be a great feature.

Man, I was hoping for an OT mk2. It looks really good though, love the OLED display.

I had a chance to play with an Analog Heat at their booth and now I do want one of those. It can get really brutal.

Nicely priced! Jeez if we manage to survive all the way through 2017, maybe we'll get a chance to put all these lovely low cost HW options to good use.
:borg:

Tiny box with lots of controls. I''m sceptical, waiting for hands-on walkthrough.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Now available to preorder. Not impressed by somewhat inflated price and new option to purchase "premium" Overbridge.

https://www.elektron.se/products/digitakt/

Looks interesting. I'll wait for a comprehensive review or a chance to try it out locally. I'm curious about the sound.

Pre-sales are annoying. They're really just sales with a realllllly long handling time.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”