Scuffham S-Gear

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Anyone know where I can find a deal on S-Gear? I love the demo!

I would part with mine as I'm moving to Kazrog sims, but alas, licenses aren't resellable. I think Scuffham does holiday discounts so best bet would be to wait for those if you don't wanna pay the full price.

i'd part with mine, never use it, much better choices out there.
Say NO to CLAP!

jinotsuh wrote:i'd part with mine, never use it, much better choices out there.
+1 :tu:
and the best choice is real tube amp...even the cheapest one sounds way better/real than any amp modelling plugin :D

kvaca wrote:
and the best choice is real tube amp...even the cheapest one sounds way better/real than any amp modelling plugin :D
Another possibility is to put a tube pre-amp in front of your soundcard to condition the signal before it hits the amp sim. This has been a game changer for me.

I recently went through the process of demoing a lot of amp sims and I ended-up buying the Kazrog and Kuassa amps (Vermillion is wonderful and an absolute steal at the price.).

stimresp wrote:
kvaca wrote:
Another possibility is to put a tube pre-amp in front of your soundcard to condition the signal before it hits the amp sim. This has been a game changer for me.

I recently went through the process of demoing a lot of amp sims and I ended-up buying the Kazrog and Kuassa amps (Vermillion is wonderful and an absolute steal at the price.).
This is a fact. I use this- real valve, cab simulation, USB audio -£160 quid- cost of a VST amp sim for a real one!

https://www.andertons.co.uk/p/IRT-PULSE ... GwodXjcP6A

Sounds great as a guitar amp pedal but is truly amazing in to a DAW before any VST effect standard fx (Valhalla verbs, soundtoys etc) or even guitar rig just using cabs and pedal effects.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

kvaca wrote:

If you have a place where you can isolate it, mic it and be able to do so at a volume that will sound decent.

Recording a real amp is great providing you can do so without getting a noise complaint against you.

SLiC wrote:
This is a fact. I use this- real valve, cab simulation, USB audio -£160 quid- cost of a VST amp sim for a real one!

https://www.andertons.co.uk/p/IRT-PULSE ... GwodXjcP6A

Sounds great as a guitar amp pedal but is truly amazing in to a DAW before any VST effect standard fx (Valhalla verbs, soundtoys etc) or even guitar rig just using cabs and pedal effects.

That's what I use :wink:

EDIT: though when using it in front of an amp sim I will pull down the gain to about 9 O clock, try to hit the sim at about -10Db or so. I find that sending an overdriven signal into an amp sim sounds like crap (to me). I want a nice clean, solid tone. The Ironheart delivers, and with responsiveness you will never get from an amp sim alone.

Of course it can sound more aggressive - even on it's own through just a Cab sim - yummy.

JJ_Jettflow wrote:
kvaca wrote:

If you have a place where you can isolate it, mic it and be able to do so at a volume that will sound decent.

Recording a real amp is great providing you can do so without getting a noise complaint against you.
correct, so I have built dedicated silent room only for miced guitar cab in my basement, to not bother my wife and others...I can play whole day on full poweramp volume, no need to use ampsims anymore :P

kvaca wrote:
JJ_Jettflow wrote:
kvaca wrote:

correct, so I have built dedicated silent room only for miced guitar cab in my basement, to not bother my wife and others...I can play whole day on full poweramp volume, no need to use ampsims anymore :P
Nice. :D I had an isolation room when I lived in my townhouse 10 years ago but now I live in a high rise so ampsims are pretty much my only choice. I record clean tracks so I could re-amp them at a studio but that could get costly.

You can still get some great results with ampsims . ...just takes a bit of fiddling.

Oddly, I've gone from wishing I could sell it to it being indispensable.

Mostly, the custom 57. Throw a pedal in front of it and it's really great, or on it's own if you just want something that breaks up a bit.

As for the price, I've never seen it on sale.

kvaca wrote:
Yes, maybe 10 years ago ;)

Each to their own i guess ...

zabukowski wrote:
kvaca wrote:
Yes, maybe 10 years ago ;)

Each to their own i guess ...
A real tube 'pre-amp' can be had for less money that the tube amp modelling software and uses no DSP and has no latency! I always use a real valve pre-amp as that is the bulk of the dynamics and feel (and its so cheap, why not!), after that, amp sims can take you wherever you want to be for a low cost and with the benefit of re-amping in the box. Talking of re-amping, I can also get a 'good enough' sound from my Iornheart that I can just play it live in to the DAW with no latency and then mess around with fx et al when I am mixing.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

ftr I think this could be in Hardware if it's going to be about tube amps, letting it go for now but I cant help but notice it seems the OP may have signed up just for the purpose of this thread. He started another in the buy and sell forum too, it seems his question has been answered. With that said it still is pertaining somewhat to sims so for now it will stay here...if people would prefer it in hardware let me know :)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Good Moderating! I think once it move to 'wanted' the conversation just continued in a friendly manner about the use of hardware pre-amps before 'any' modelling software- its all good ;-)

Return to “Effects”