Keyscape is available for download now!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Keyscape - Collector Keyboards

Fab!! Cheers Eric

Buckster wrote:presuming these only work if you have both software products which is a shame :(
I's not a "shame", that's what they are for - people who own both, as they are Omnisphere patches, that use the Keyscape sound sources. If you don't have both, they won't work for you.
Buckster wrote:in fact looking at the patch list its a bit confusing - a lot of the patches look more Omnisphere 2 than Keyscape - except for the Keyboard ones
They are Omnisphere patches, that use (to some extent) the Keyscape soundsources.

Just had a quick half hour to get a feel for the range of it - simply stunning. Like getting a whole new (excellent) synth for free. Love so much of the bells and keys section, just want I wanted from a Keyscape / Omni pairing - all that sampling depth and variety that makes it playable, but off into other worlds. Much of the rest is unrecognisable as Keyscape-sourced, but certainly not complaining - it makes it a very rounded stand-alone product.

I suspect Keyscape will triple its sales this year.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

I can't demo these until probably this weekend. I'm hoping for some wonderful piano with strings/pads for sustained notes type patches. I have a feeling there will be several. :)
Feel free to call me Brian.

beely wrote:
Buckster wrote:presuming these only work if you have both software products which is a shame :(
I's not a "shame", that's what they are for - people who own both, as they are Omnisphere patches, that use the Keyscape sound sources. If you don't have both, they won't work for you.
Buckster wrote:in fact looking at the patch list its a bit confusing - a lot of the patches look more Omnisphere 2 than Keyscape - except for the Keyboard ones
They are Omnisphere patches, that use (to some extent) the Keyscape soundsources.
thanks for reply - I guess where I was coming from - is do all the new patches use Keyscape waveforms ? should be obvious in the patch itself

assuming they are - fair enough - if some aren't - it would have been nice as a extra bonus to offer those to Omnisphere 2 only users

I'm sure I'll buy Keyscape at some point, but not for a while as only just bought Omnisphere 2

Buckster wrote:
beely wrote:
thanks for reply - I guess where I was coming from - is do all the new patches use Keyscape waveforms ? should be obvious in the patch itself
All the ones I've played so far do, I thought that was the point so I'd be surprised if any don't.

Man, this thing is becoming irresistible....
Please tell me that because I have Sonic Couture's piano, Wurlie, EP, and Clav, that I should just ignore this, keep calm, and carry on...

dredd i knight wrote:Man, this thing is becoming irresistible....
Please tell me that because I have Sonic Couture's piano, Wurlie, EP, and Clav, that I should just ignore this, keep calm, and carry on...
Sorry, can't say that. These are the best EPs in Keyscape imo. I also have the SC EP73 and Wurly.

Echoes in the Attic wrote:
Sorry, can't say that. These are the best EPs in Keyscape imo. I also have the SC EP73 and Wurly.
Damn you!
:D :wink: :cry: :help:

dredd i knight wrote:
Echoes in the Attic wrote:
Damn you!
:D :wink: :cry: :help:
Not to add fuel to the fire, but i'm going through the new keyscape creative presets and wow, this is good stuff. Some of the best presets I've heard in Omnisphere

Until now, it's been rather a case of claim and counter-claim for which sounds best on which instrument. There's a strong case that Keyscape really is best in class for many of its instruments, but it's not night and day imo - there are a ton of other fantastic libraries out there covering similar ground. This was the main disappointment for me with Keyscape - it was merely very good. Although it had that disctinctive incredible sonic richness, it somehow didn't have that Spectrasonics heart to it, and there was a feeling that if you weren't a really stellar keys player immersed in keyboard history, you likely wouldn't be gaining all that much now with Keyscape.

That's what's changed with Keyscape Creative. I think the public reaction (certainly from non-hardcore keys players) would have been quite different. I agree with Echoes that these are some of the very best Omni sounds we've ever heard. I just got a promo flyer selling 200 Omni patches - in a half price deal - for $50 (and from a developer with whom I am not over-enamored). Purely on a like-for-like sale price, that makes this lot worth $300 - $600 not in a sale. But of course it's not like-for-like - I'd bet the farm that this is vastly superior - with the caveat that you're after a broad sound bank not specific to any one style or genre. Not only sonically superior, but everything properly categorised and tagged in the same style as the core library.

From launch, Trilian was always about more than electric and acoustic basses, so it was a disappointment that Keyscape was "just" keys. The only drawback now is you need Omni 2 as well to make the most of what Keyscape can be, but I'd guess the majority of Keyscape owners also have Omni 2. It just jumped from a 3 1/2 stars to 5 for me, and I can only have auditioned a quarter of the patches so far.

What's that you say? These are "just" presets and you prefer to roll your own so it makes no odds to you? Fair enough, but here's the thing. The scope of Keyscape + the entirity of Omni 2 is now so mind-buggering that it would be virtually impossible for any one person to get the kind of diversity and range that we have here from 15 of the greatest sound designers out there. And of course they're only presets if you want them to be - a nice touch is that many of the patches have tips to begin your further customisation to make them your own.

So I don't think this can be underestimated. In my blunter moments after the release of Keyscape, I said that it felt like half a product. For Omni 2 owners, it now feels like an absolute - and finally complete - monster.
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

noiseboyuk wrote:
Until now, it's been rather a case of claim and counter-claim for which sounds best on which instrument. There's a strong case that Keyscape really is best in class for many of its instruments, but it's not night and day imo - there are a ton of other fantastic libraries out there covering similar ground. This was the main disappointment for me with Keyscape - it was merely very good. Although it had that disctinctive incredible sonic richness, it somehow didn't have that Spectrasonics heart to it, and there was a feeling that if you weren't a really stellar keys player immersed in keyboard history, you likely wouldn't be gaining all that much now with Keyscape.

That's what's changed with Keyscape Creative. I think the public reaction (certainly from non-hardcore keys players) would have been quite different. I agree with Echoes that these are some of the very best Omni sounds we've ever heard. I just got a promo flyer selling 200 Omni patches - in a half price deal - for $50 (and from a developer with whom I am not over-enamored). Purely on a like-for-like sale price, that makes this lot worth $300 - $600 not in a sale. But of course it's not like-for-like - I'd bet the farm that this is vastly superior - with the caveat that you're after a broad sound bank not specific to any one style or genre. Not only sonically superior, but everything properly categorised and tagged in the same style as the core library.

From launch, Trilian was always about more than electric and acoustic basses, so it was a disappointment that Keyscape was "just" keys. The only drawback now is you need Omni 2 as well to make the most of what Keyscape can be, but I'd guess the majority of Keyscape owners also have Omni 2. It just jumped from a 3 1/2 stars to 5 for me, and I can only have auditioned a quarter of the patches so far.

What's that you say? These are "just" presets and you prefer to roll your own so it makes no odds to you? Fair enough, but here's the thing. The scope of Keyscape + the entirity of Omni 2 is now so mind-buggering that it would be virtually impossible for any one person to get the kind of diversity and range that we have here from 15 of the greatest sound designers out there. And of course they're only presets if you want them to be - a nice touch is that many of the patches have tips to begin your further customisation to make them your own.

So I don't think this can be underestimated. In my blunter moments after the release of Keyscape, I said that it felt like half a product. For Omni 2 owners, it now feels like an absolute - and finally complete - monster.
Bought....
Ooooh you smooth b@st@rd. :hihi:
Nah seriously, thanks for your opinions; you told me what I wanted to hear!
I was always going to get it, but your assessment above, and a few other conversations I've been having over the last couple of weeks, have pretty much been in accord with my feelings on the subject.
I did already think that as a keyboard goto, it was good, and up there with my fave libraries, these additional presets are just too much for me to ignore. I love Trillian, and Omni 1, 2 is good but I find the tagging a but weird, but now with Keyscape fully integrated and all those presets.... No brainer for me.

Awesome patches! And i just gone trough the letter A yet!

dredd i knight wrote:I find the tagging a but weird
Yeah, you and me both. That's still a shame its less useful than Omni 1's was, but the least I can hope for is consistency...
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Here's my little rambling overview of the range of the thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YeG0Iz ... e=youtu.be
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Return to “Instruments”