AudioThing releases Outer Verb, Vintage Spring Reverb (Important Announcement!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Outer Verb

New audio demo by composer Eddie Grey: https://soundcloud.com/audiothing/outer ... ed-parasol
AudioThing (VST, AU, AAX, CLAP Plugins)
Instagram | Twitter | Discord Server

cprompt wrote:
audiothing wrote:Anyway, I'm sure we'll work on the full echo emulation in the future...our mailbox is already flooded with requests, so it's on the to-do list now :)
I don't think there are many proper emulations of the Space Echo - I think UAD has one, and of course the venerable GSi one which falls under the category of abandonware now I think. So if (when) you do one, I'm sure it will be very warmly received, especially as I have no doubt that it will be excellent.
+1
rabbit in a hole

hi there, just sent a message via your website, had an explosion of noise...
here's a pic...
Screen Shot 2017-01-21 at 10.41.22 am.jpg
the GUI stayed like this until i removed it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sqigls wrote:hi there, just sent a message via your website, had an explosion of noise...
here's a pic...

the GUI stayed like this until i removed it.
I've replied to your message. Very strange, sorry about that, we are investigating it.

replied :)

After testing for a day and a half, we couldn't replicate the issue and nobody else reported anything like that (at least so far).
Anyway, we'll issue an update to rule out a few things (just to be sure) and improve CPU performance.

Meanwhile, check out this comparison between the UAD RE-201, Outer Verb and the hardware Space Echo RE-201 made by fadermaster: https://www.instagram.com/p/BPfx4rhAwFB/

Autobot wrote:
cprompt wrote:
audiothing wrote:Anyway, I'm sure we'll work on the full echo emulation in the future...our mailbox is already flooded with requests, so it's on the to-do list now :)
I don't think there are many proper emulations of the Space Echo - I think UAD has one, and of course the venerable GSi one which falls under the category of abandonware now I think. So if (when) you do one, I'm sure it will be very warmly received, especially as I have no doubt that it will be excellent.
+1
+1
I like my GS201, even if 32bit :)
I also enjoy D16 Repeater, but the space echo model doesn't have multiband, and it doesn't feature the reverb.
The AudioThing plugin features a nice GUI, and if at some point it includes an accurate tape delay emulation, i should be in :)

sinkmusic wrote:The AudioThing plugin features a nice GUI, and if at some point it includes an accurate tape delay emulation, i should be in :)
Yep, it will probably be a completely new plugin but yes, it's now on our todo list :)

that's very exciting news!

audiothing wrote:
sinkmusic wrote:The AudioThing plugin features a nice GUI, and if at some point it includes an accurate tape delay emulation, i should be in :)
Yep, it will probably be a completely new plugin but yes, it's now on our todo list :)

It would be great if you did that. Just bought it on a whim, I like the sound it adds to my telecaster playing through AmpliTube.

But, I really do want the whole thing modeled with the delay especially.

So, please do make that, BUT please please give discount upgrade pricing to those of us who bought this version now.

Thank you for youyr reply. This is what i was wondering (if it would be a new plugin -and that i should wait-, or if i should just get this one until the delay feature is added).

audiothing wrote:Meanwhile, check out this comparison between the UAD RE-201, Outer Verb and the hardware Space Echo RE-201 made by fadermaster: https://www.instagram.com/p/BPfx4rhAwFB/
Seeing as this is comparing Outer Verb with the UAD plugin and the real deal, I felt that Outer Verb is both darker and lacks the sparkle and shimmer of the the others, especially the hardware unit which is really beautiful. Also, it seems to soften the transients more - the guitar didn't have the bite of the other two.

Still a beautiful reverb unit in its own right.
A bit fried in the higher freqs

No worries guys, we always try to be as fair as possible. We'll definitely offer an upgrade if it's going to be a new plugin. We have to carefully think about the best way of doing it (new plugin with echo+reverb? separate plugin just for the echo? update outer verb with the echo? etc...)

cprompt wrote:Seeing as this is comparing Outer Verb with the UAD plugin and the real deal, I felt that Outer Verb is both darker and lacks the sparkle and shimmer of the the others, especially the hardware unit which is really beautiful. Also, it seems to soften the transients more - the guitar didn't have the bite of the other two.

Still a beautiful reverb unit in its own right.
Yes, our version looks darker by default (it can be adjusted using the EQ). I'll try to get my hands on another Space Echo as each unit seems to have its own character and sound. For example, their Space Echo looked way dirtier/harsher than mine (which was/is surprisingly clean considering the age).

audiothing wrote:No worries guys, we always try to be as fair as possible. We'll definitely offer an upgrade if it's going to be a new plugin. We have to carefully think about the best way of doing it (new plugin with echo+reverb? separate plugin just for the echo? update outer verb with the echo? etc...)

Please update outerverb by adding echo to it, don't do a separate echo, so it's like the original with both reverb AND echo in one unit. Thanks.

Return to “Effects”