Ableton users: if no news about Ableton L 10 in NAMM show, when is it coming?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What's up everyone,

Just to ask Ableton users/followers if they think Live 10 will be coming out soon. I haven't read anything about it these NAMM show days, what do you reckon that's going on? :tu:

I was expecting it to come out around the end of last year ... I dunno. Do Ableton time big announcements for NAMM any more ? Haven't NI stopped doing that ? :shrug: .... in terms of tradeshows, there's always Superbooth at the end of April, if they're waiting for a tradeshow maybe they'll announce then.

Can't think of much else I'd want from it apart from a less dumb browser and faster load/close times.

i want, and have been requesting, native modulation (i.e LFOs etc) for ages. since M4L came out.

the M4L offerings are pigs, imo. I mean, better than nothing for sure, but pigs in every other sense of the word.

i'd probably update just for that. (currently on 8, waiting for a 10 announcement so I can jump on 9 during the grace period)

ymmv.

Live 9 will be four years old this March, I'm definitely ready for version 10. Hope we get a teaser soon.

Hope they will add alot from the ableton centercode forum thats been asked for for years,And i Meen ALOT

Not NAMM but maybe at Musikmesse.

They could announce something at Musikmesse, but mostly they announce it out of trade shows on their own terms.

I would like for there to be more key commands, I doubt it. Plus Live needs to be redesigned for touch screens, that's becoming a norm soon enough, but Live is horribly designed in terms of touch screens. Live could use an actual surgical pitch correction mode, drawing pitches isn't the same as what AutoTune, Melodyne, and Digital Performer can do.

Anyway I don't expect any announcements until Summer at this point, and maybe later. I guess that's one advantage of an expensive DAW and expensive controller, they roll features into updates and upgrade rarely these days.

Daags wrote:i want, and have been requesting, native modulation (i.e LFOs etc) for ages. since M4L came out.

the M4L offerings are pigs, imo. I mean, better than nothing for sure, but pigs in every other sense of the word.

i'd probably update just for that. (currently on 8, waiting for a 10 announcement so I can jump on 9 during the grace period)

ymmv.
I guess we will never see native modulation sources in Live because with this things most of people don't M4L that. I mean that modulation source in M4L it's a huge sale points.

Andrey Marchenko wrote: I guess we will never see native modulation sources in Live because with this things most of people don't M4L that. I mean that modulation source in M4L it's a huge sale points.
True, it does push users to Suite; but people have been asking for native modulation for ages.

Plus, look at what Bitwig are doing in this arena - Ableton have needed to up their game since Bitwig released; they know they can't get away with a few new devices and a look & feel overhaul, they need to keep innovating and listening to the users requests.
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

My wishes:

- mousewheel control on knobs and faders
- mousewheel scroll & zoom in arrangement
- display device rack and clip at the same time on one screen
- more customisation options for the browser
- more accessible color theming

I would love them to embrace hardware integration/latency compensation more. They've obviously got one eye on the hardware market starting with Push, but an external sync box with seamless timing integration would be very cool.

After 9.5 and following updates we got quite a lot of value, didn't we?

Anyway, I'm hoping for multicore project rendering - especially since real-time multicore support is working fine. This one really slows me down :help:
Andrey Marchenko wrote:
Daags wrote:i want, and have been requesting, native modulation (i.e LFOs etc) for ages. since M4L came out.
ymmv.
I guess we will never see native modulation sources in Live because with this things most of people don't M4L that. I mean that modulation source in M4L it's a huge sale points.
These M4L-dependend devices really look similiar to NI's Reaktor policy. All the new contest is based on proprietary format, even if it does make a little sense. Now this can be a problem since M4L devices in general are resources-heavy and M4l is not that stable at all.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

DJ Warmonger wrote:Anyway, I'm hoping for multicore project rendering - especially since real-time multicore support is working fine. This one really slows me down :help:
How does it slow you down?

I think Ableton host their own events to announce major upgrades, can't recall it being dependent on events like NAMM. But like Daags I expected it to be announced last November/December, so I guess soon, but I wouldn't dare to take a guess when.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”