Reaper Updates

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
REAPER

Hasn't anyone figured it out? I love to post here as much as anyone (still hold the record, in a former life :hihi: ) but FFS, what is it exactly we are arguing about?

Reaper LIKE IT OR NOT is one of the most stable and CPU optimized (I said it, I didn't stutter) of all. Just because I have not used it since 4.x doesn't mean it sucks.

Who f**king cares if "big star" whoever uses it. Lemme ask a question, how many here are "big stars???" Put your damn hand down. You're not.

And another thing, wtf is the matter with you people? I've been on here since 2005, my first post was being trolled. What is your problem? And why are the idiots that perpetuate that endeared by current/former moderators?

Point out an obvious problem with something... troll. Decide you like something???? troll. Disagree with the in crowd?????????????? troll.

I can't keep up. What is it about people that feel the need to be contrary despite obvious facts?

incubus wrote:
I can't keep up. What is it about people that feel the need to be contrary despite obvious facts?
I've got no idea what you are talking about.

:lol:

incubus wrote:And another thing, wtf is the matter with you people? I've been on here since 2005, my first post was being trolled. What is your problem? And why are the idiots that perpetuate that endeared by current/former moderators?

Point out an obvious problem with something... troll. Decide you like something???? troll. Disagree with the in crowd?????????????? troll.

There was no argument before that post. it was a troll post. Looks like they succeeded too. :tu:

Reaper is great. What they're doing over at Cockos is the literal best case for a small business operation making a daw.

The stars kinda aligned for Justin and the market benefited from all that. If you look at everything that led up to the creation and sale of Reaper, his bio, the early path, his own personal philosophy about software in general, it's a collection of circumstances and outcomes that is really not typical.

That is to say, Reaper is something of a market anomaly, and the constant need of some to compare the rest of the daw market to that relative anomaly really just doesn't ever fit. You can only pretend to make it fit if you ignore what large business actually is.

Humanity is such that it's impossible to ever please everyone so no matter what happens some potential or current users will always complain or gripe about something, everywhere, with no exceptions for any company, so I think they take most of it in stride. I doubt they lose any sleep over any of it.
Last edited by LawrenceF on Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lachrimae wrote:Reaper is like a bad-ass secret mountain bike trail that will get worse if you tell people about it and it get's over-run. The general public will want to smooth out the trail and remove all of the "difficult" features.

Go away people, Reaper sucks! Nothing to see here! :D

Right ?!? You don't want Reaper, it's not for you.

MarlaPodolski wrote:I never see anybody worth talking about ...
I think that sums up your attitude perfectly.

You seem to have that very music biz/LA-centric/70s view of music. If your not on a major, in the charts etc you're a nobody. People on majors with those budgets will no doubt record at top studios where pro tools is probably ingrained. Truth is, just from reading the Reaper forums, many people who make a living from producing and engineering use it as their goto DAW. Almost like a best kept secret, laughing quietly at those who think if you don't use pro tools you're a loser.

Didn't a Reaper user recently get nominated for a Grammy?

Why yes; Scott Hansen (Tycho), used Reaper to record his Grammy nominated album, "Epoch."

http://www.sfweekly.com/music/allshookd ... ion-epoch/

Which, apparently, also reached No.1 on Billboard.

@MarlaPodolski :tu:
Last edited by asnor on Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

I never quite understood why the tools other people use should influence the tools I want to use.

NerdMcBoon wrote:I never quite understood why the tools other people use should influence the tools I want to use.
I never did either. Tools don't make art; people make art.

MarlaPodolski wrote: Now, NAME all the very top talents who use REAPER.
Could you name a single reason any of the artists on the chart - could not just as well have used Reaper?

ProTools is there in any professional studio and convenient to use if to do tracking in one studio and mix in another etc. If using large mixer consoles and a lot of external rack gear might be another reason.

But for all ITB produced music now on charts - what makes one of the main daws not usable?

Thanks to Steinberg VST any good audio tools is available to everybody.

I was a bit curious about PT out of sheer reputation - but found nothing there that I didn't do in any daw - with a fraction of cpu usage - once trying it out. And since built of Mac people on Mac computers - being on windows pc PT is less stable and poorly optimized.

So I see plenty reasons not to use PT on windows pc at least. And for me it was plenty problems even contacting Avid support - getting some strange response page at certain hours on the day "unable to load page Sourceforge - try again later" or similar something. And unable to get this recognized by Avid as well - providing screenshots and all.

So not even support is impressive for PT.

everybody just calm down !!!!!!

i know the truth.......

REAPER suck..... :hihi: :hihi:
Last edited by hivkorn on Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

elxsound wrote:
MarlaPodolski wrote:Yeah, yeah ... The proof of the pudding is in the tasting, SO:

We can all name top-rated musicians and bands who use DAW X or DAW Y - the same DAW brands come up over and over again. And we can also track down and name the DAWs used on many many of the top songs and albums.

Now, NAME all the very top talents who use REAPER.

Better still, NAME the super top songs and albums that were done exclusively on REAPER.

Well?

Certain times of year I catch up and read the forums, the trade mags ... I never see anybody worth talking about tell about how REAPER was used on their uber-successful songs or album. So, someone list all of them for us and lets end this. If you like a certain software, there is nothing at all wrong with sticking with it. But why no top pros using it ... ever?

Troll much?
Yup. Its a fake persona for a banned poster (Telenator) who's also been thrown out of dozens of other sites, including the Reaper forums.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote:
elxsound wrote:
MarlaPodolski wrote:Yeah, yeah ... The proof of the pudding is in the tasting, SO:

We can all name top-rated musicians and bands who use DAW X or DAW Y - the same DAW brands come up over and over again. And we can also track down and name the DAWs used on many many of the top songs and albums.

Now, NAME all the very top talents who use REAPER.

Better still, NAME the super top songs and albums that were done exclusively on REAPER.

Well?

Certain times of year I catch up and read the forums, the trade mags ... I never see anybody worth talking about tell about how REAPER was used on their uber-successful songs or album. So, someone list all of them for us and lets end this. If you like a certain software, there is nothing at all wrong with sticking with it. But why no top pros using it ... ever?

Troll much?
Yup. Its a fake persona for a banned poster (Telenator) who's also been thrown out of dozens of other sites, including the Reaper forums.
he should make music instead of saying bu**sh*t !

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”