RAPID Synthesizer | Rapid 1.8.0 released | Free "SP - Granular Elements"

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic

More important to me is: what comes after Rapid? Not everyone needs it since there are alternatives or one just has enough synths/sampler/rompler. I'm more interested in future plugins or ideas. If parawave just relaxes on 1 plugin with expansions then I think too, there is a brighter future for others.

@ParaWave
Lower your price for Rapid to around $100 or your company will not survive. A simple calculation: $100 = much more sells, $150+ = only few sells

docam28 wrote:No more activities from Parawave website concerning RAPID Synthesizer (Windows) since long time, staying at v1.0.2, ignored sustain pedal remains unfixed..
Updates are still in development. I'm not a fan of daily/weekly updates. It's annoying for us AND customers. The next version will include cool new stuff. As long as there is no public announcement that development is discontinued, don't worry. Research, planning and testing just takes time.
Taurus wrote:@ParaWave
A simple calculation: $100 = much more sells, $150+ = only few sells
I see, so .. $50 = much much more sells? Brilliant strategy!

parawave wrote:
:hihi:
Fernando (FMR)

Gregorius wrote:More important to me is: what comes after Rapid? Not everyone needs it since there are alternatives or one just has enough synths/sampler/rompler. I'm more interested in future plugins or ideas. If parawave just relaxes on 1 plugin with expansions then I think too, there is a brighter future for others.
They just released it only a few months ago...what are they supposed to do, have a new plugin every 3 months?

parawave wrote:
docam28 wrote:No more activities from Parawave website concerning RAPID Synthesizer (Windows) since long time, staying at v1.0.2, ignored sustain pedal remains unfixed..
Updates are still in development. I'm not a fan of daily/weekly updates. It's annoying for us AND customers. The next version will include cool new stuff. As long as there is no public announcement that development is discontinued, don't worry. Research, planning and testing just takes time.
Why not? You don't have stock or shipping costs. It's a virtual product. You can sell a lower price version without support. No problem, be creative to earn more money.
1. 1000 x $100 = $100.000
2. 100 x $150 = $15.000

Choose if you want to go way one or way two. The secret is: Make your product to a No Brainer!

According to that projection: 10.000 x $50 = $500.000. Brilliant, why didn't someone come up with that earlier? Would have saved me a lot of money, and would have made a few businesses much richer.

Yep, but there is a limit of possible customers. So you have to find the right balance.

Taurus wrote:Yep, but there is a limit of possible customers. So you have to find the right balance.
Really? I don't think Parawave knew all this already. ;)

chk071 wrote:
Taurus wrote:Yep, but there is a limit of possible customers. So you have to find the right balance.
Really? I don't think Parawave knew all this already. ;)
:lol:

Good luck!

It's easy to say now I guess but knowing what I know now I would have paid the full wack for Rapid. The price coming down a bit is a bonus.

Leading class soft synth.

It will be getting a lot of use in my music. I am a bit slow on the making new sounds front (many synths = many interfaces = slower) but for my genre there is no choice and Rapid is by far the most inviting synth both sonic-ally and with regards to the UI. I like the GUI some dislike the colours but it all makes sense and is easy to understand where things are and modulate things quickly.

It's very good, versatile and I really look forwards to future updates.

Synthman2000 wrote: Leading class soft synth.
Agreed.

Yes,... it was a lot of fun. Playing with a splitted preset for #RAPID that I made with the factory content. Just press a key on the bottom to play it and control everything with the three Macros. On the top of the keyboard you can play the solo synth-lead.
You like that and you own RAPID? Here is the preset for you. ;-)

Cheers!

Download from Dropbox:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/380 ... 20MPB).fxp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wC4wKQ ... e=youtu.be

Thank you very much for this fxp (despite the link isn't correct above - you must modify the link manually in URL bar to download it).

Correct link is: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/380 ... 20MPB).fxp

Also, I've copied the fpx "as is" (I mean: not renamed) to C:\ProgramData\Parawave\Rapid\Sound Presets\Sequence and I discover a display bug (due to filename/preset length).

RAPID Synth 1.0.2.9 x64 (Windows)

Screen capture:

Also, how do you hold the sequence? (@0:37 and @2:00 in your video, you're using both hands to move "macros" from your MIDI controller) - do you use a MIDI track (in your DAW) to hold the sequence?
Core i9-9900KF @4.5GHz, 32GB RAM, 8TB, RTX 2080, Windows 10 Pro x64, Bitwig Studio 4, REAPER 6, UR22C, BX5-D2, KK S61 MK2, Chromaphone 3, Discovery Pro, DUNE 3, Komplete 13 Select, Mercury-4, OP-X PRO-II, SynthMaster 2, RAPID, VPS Avenger, Scaler 2...

Return to “Instruments”