VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Corona

fluffy_little_something wrote:
Distorted Horizon wrote:
discoDSP wrote:
Lejurai wrote:Any upcoming updates on Corona? :)
5.2 should arrive soon, but can't confirm yet.
Would you like to tell us, when this "soon" is? ;)
He just said he can't confirm, yet :smack:
Sorry.. Sorry.. I'll just wait another year then :hihi:

Seems like you were correct fluffy :P

The DiscoDsp site (which is still temporarily closed) now says "I'm sick and unable to attend. Thanks for your understanding."

Doesn't look like very good news. :?
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

recursive one wrote:The DiscoDsp site (which is still temporarily closed) now says "I'm sick and unable to attend. Thanks for your understanding."

This is really sad news. I had a feeling it had to be health related. George wouldn't just shut up shop like that without saying anything.

Apparently, as a one man operation, there's nobody to take over for him.

I wonder if he'd consider selling to somebody.

Hope he get well soon.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Smells like burnout really. Mental issues are counted as "illnesses" too.

Anyways, what ever the sickness is, I too hope that he gets well soon <3

Distorted Horizon wrote:Smells like burnout really. Mental issues are counted as "illnesses" too.

Anyways, what ever the sickness is, I too hope that he gets well soon <3
Please, do not do that. You have zero evidence to suggest anything like that. It's really just libel.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

How long has his site been down? A month? That might tell something about the severity of his illness.
If discoDSP is his full-time job, it has to be something serious because judging from his frequent sales his business probably wasn't doing too well. So you don't close shop just because of a broken leg or something like that.

Reminds me of the WOK guy, but I think I have seen him a couple of times on KVR meanwhile.

fluffy_little_something wrote:How long has his site been down? A month? That might tell something about the severity of his illness.
If discoDSP is his full-time job, it has to be something serious because judging from his frequent sales his business probably wasn't doing too well. So you don't close shop just because of a broken leg or something like that.

Reminds me of the WOK guy, but I think I have seen him a couple of times on KVR meanwhile.
Yeah, WOK posted just today with a new plugin he's working on. :tu:

Russell Grand wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:How long has his site been down? A month? That might tell something about the severity of his illness.

Im glad he's back. Love his stuff. :)
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Halonmusic wrote:
Russell Grand wrote:

Im glad he's back. Love his stuff. :)
Same here, Halon!

WOK is a legend :tu:

wagtunes wrote:
recursive one wrote:The DiscoDsp site (which is still temporarily closed) now says "I'm sick and unable to attend. Thanks for your understanding."

This is really sad news. I had a feeling it had to be health related. George wouldn't just shut up shop like that without saying anything.

Apparently, as a one man operation, there's nobody to take over for him.

I wonder if he'd consider selling to somebody.
A similar thing happened to Imperfect Samples. I had bought a sample set and got and error while trying to download. I contacted them and got no reply...for several weeks. Then, just as soon as I was getting ready to ask for a refund through PP, I got a message apologising for not replying but he had been suddenly hospitalised and had no one to check on his business. I replied and wish him a speedy recovery.

Illness is never convenient.

I remember reading all the below about discoDSP disappearing. I didn't have any discoDSP synths so I was just watching like a fly on the wall. But since he's back, I've purchased a couple synths, namely Discovery Pro and Vertigo. They have an "old school" flavour to them in terms of UI but they do sound very nice, modern.

I am demoing Corona because its on 40% off sale. Seems really nice. That same old school UI but the sound is definitely there. The osc approach is really unique offering some sounds difficult or impossible to get with other synths.

What do you guys think of Corona? It's on sale for 39€ which feels like a good price! :phones:

I love Corona. The osc section is very flexible.

Return to “Instruments”