bitwig 2 is here

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Catalyzer MeowSynth

troll?!!
:lol:

Ok Señor. I'll leave you to "the topic" then.

Daags wrote: if you really want to post cat pics, I'm pretty sure there's a thread, if not multiple threads, somewhere on the 'Everything else' or 'Off topic' sub-forums where you can knock yourself out to your heart's content. There is however only one Bitwig thread in the 'hosts' sub-forum, so if you don't mind, engage in the topic or go elsewhere to troll.
It becomes obvious that those posting pic's feel a need to express themselves to almost or right likely have a notion that the debate is over so nothing to see here.

I will take some flack for the above statement but some posting these pic's ALSO know that this thread had been locked and reopened, not for trolling but multiple account's. The other thread that was closed was nothing more than a cat pic fest serving nothing more than entertainment, not anything about the DAW but a few snipes and jab's.

Hopefully those things CAN be taken off topic where it belongs and not lock this thread while it is STILL a relevant topic. :wink:

So... how about that Bitwig?
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Given the recent move away from cats to the other thing and the general opinion of the new pricing model, I expected to see Gordon Gekko show up at some point.

LawrenceF wrote:Given the recent move away from cats to the other thing and the general opinion of the new pricing model, I expected to see Gordon Gekko show up at some point.
Ah... Thats why the Gecko was suggested instead of cats. Slow to the take on that one. :help:

As someone who has been guilty of adding pics, I'm with EnGee on this one, but nevertheless, I get how people see it as trolling among other things.

Anyways

Hopefully no more politics or personal attacks (I hate "ad hominem" even if it is a relevant description).

Yeah, about that Bitwig

When its out I'm sure there will be a lot more than the pricing scheme discussed.

It is what it is but until than I guess it's fair to say the pic's will continue. Other things may be an issue other than what has been expressed so far.

We can wait and see I guess.

True.

Maybe this is OT for another thread, but its going to be very interesting moving forward to see what happens with the audio software industry.

More and more companies, plugin developers, sample content designers, DAW developers are moving to a subscription type format.

If they don't start tweaking their pricing models, or if plugin companies don't start offering cross company options then an over-saturated market will have a different meaning with a more negative consequence for indie-developers moving forward.

There's lots of various justification for rent models, rent-incentivized models, perpetual/subscription for updates/support models and even payment plan models.

If you follow Slate's idea that their monthly fee/annual fee amounts to being cheaper than what most pay month/yearly it can sound good, but when you realize it locks you into a specific developer for that to remain true, it can be and it is going to be very expensive to support multiple hosts, software developers and content creators.

This will be interesting to see how others follow along in years to come.

deastman wrote:So... how about that Bitwig?
I'm excited about Bitwig v2

I didn't even dare hope that someday the modulation system could be polyphonic. So I was thrilled to learn that the new modulators can be poly. I consider that huge! What other DAW's have that?

Add in sample accurate automation and note expression support with VST3... :tu:

elxsound wrote:True.

Maybe this is OT for another thread, but its going to be very interesting moving forward to see what happens with the audio software industry.

More and more companies, plugin developers, sample content designers, DAW developers are moving to a subscription type format.

If they don't start tweaking their pricing models, or if plugin companies don't start offering cross company options then an over-saturated market will have a different meaning with a more negative consequence for indie-developers moving forward.

There's lots of various justification for rent models, rent-incentivized models, perpetual/subscription for updates/support models and even payment plan models.

If you follow Slate's idea that their monthly fee/annual fee amounts to being cheaper than what most pay month/yearly it can sound good, but when you realize it locks you into a specific developer for that to remain true, it can be and it is going to be very expensive to support multiple hosts, software developers and content creators.

This will be interesting to see how others follow along in years to come.
I'd say same as it ever was. I've done my share of predictions, gloom and doom, as well as praise and all the other bullshit on these forums.

But nothing has really changed.

pdxindy wrote:

I didn't even dare hope that someday the modulation system could be polyphonic. So I was thrilled to learn that the new modulators can be poly. I consider that huge! What other DAW's have that?

hope we will able to see the real automated values in the editor finally
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

The Bitwig interface looks beautiful. I'm excited to see what kind of stuff they will be adding this year.

Daags wrote:
EnGee wrote:But didn't Hink locked that long thread that people used to post images?
he did (or at least some mod did). Do you think there might be some corelation ?
EnGee wrote: I understood from his words that one thread about Bitwig is enough and we can post here! Sorry if I misunderstood.
You didn't misunderstand. Go ahead and post. It doesn't mean you can troll the thread just because you don't like what's being said on-topic.
EnGee wrote: I also thought that the images helps in bringing cheerful feelings and calming down little bit both camps!
You can think what you like, it's text-book trolling though ... and there's a reason that the people who have engaged in it all, for the most part, share the same POV. That's no coincidence.

everyone seems calm to me, btw - even in the face of ad hominems and so on.

if you really want to post cat pics, I'm pretty sure there's a thread, if not multiple threads, somewhere on the 'Everything else' or 'Off topic' sub-forums where you can knock yourself out to your heart's content. There is however only one Bitwig thread in the 'hosts' sub-forum, so if you don't mind, engage in the topic or go elsewhere to troll.

actually please note that a thread for bitwig cat pics was started in the proper forum...OT..t3toooo seems to have understood that and no complaints here. The host forum should be about talking about hosts (daws), not derailing it with the pics. I laugh at the pics too but they belong in OT because they are indeed off topic.

What seems to be missed is that report button, we get a ton of reports about posts being off topic. Just because people do not want to get into a debate about it does not mean they dont wish it would stop, so they report it as opposed to posting about it. What do I do with those reports? Some people do want to talk about the subject ;)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

pdxindy wrote:

Yup- Bitwig already had the best modulation system, I often use it more as an instrument than a DAW (like my eurorack modular) and the new possibilities are really interesting for sound design and bringing life to old VSTs, Fx and even hardware.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

i won't post any pics in this thread anymore. anyway, there is no Gordon Gekko like thing going on here. i didn't even think about it, when i posted Gecko pics. i just like geckos and i don't work for any competing company, though i use Ableton Live as my main daw, which is no secret. my intention was and is: don't take yourselves too seriously, but take interactions and/or structures seriously. i'm sure, Bitwig won't keep their price scheme in the long run. they could have avoided damage, if they didn't introduce it in the first place. :P
"It dreamed itself along"

FYI I was just banned for asking questions in this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=259&t=477769
I also have to report you to the KVR admins, as you seem to use several accounts from the same IP.
I guess they don't know much about network address translation or perhaps it's just a way to shut down discussion. Very disappointing

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”