RAPID Synthesizer | Rapid 1.8.0 released | Free "SP - Granular Elements"

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic

docam28 wrote:Thank you very much for this fxp (despite the link isn't correct above - you must modify the link manually in URL bar to download it).

Correct link is: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/380 ... 20MPB).fxp

Also, I've copied the fpx "as is" (I mean: not renamed) to C:\ProgramData\Parawave\Rapid\Sound Presets\Sequence and I discover a display bug (due to filename/preset length).

RAPID Synth 1.0.2.9 x64 (Windows)

Screen capture:

Also, how do you hold the sequence? (@0:37 and @2:00 in your video, you're using both hands to move "macros" from your MIDI controller) - do you use a MIDI track (in your DAW) to hold the sequence?
I have a food-pedal. with the pedal i hold the note and catch it again with a little trick. When you hold a key with the pedal and a sequence is playing, you could not pres the note again, after you release it. If you do, the sequence starts from the beginning. that's because a new midi note is coming in, tbe old one will stop and the new one will trigger again. so just press for a really short while another note (an octave down in this video) and press again the original note. in this case the sequence carries on an you catched the note again. a bit training with the pedal and you can do awesome stuff. ;-)

Mirko R. wrote:
docam28 wrote:Thank you very much for this fxp (despite the link isn't correct above - you must modify the link manually in URL bar to download it).

Correct link is: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/380 ... 20MPB).fxp

Also, I've copied the fpx "as is" (I mean: not renamed) to C:\ProgramData\Parawave\Rapid\Sound Presets\Sequence and I discover a display bug (due to filename/preset length).

RAPID Synth 1.0.2.9 x64 (Windows)

Screen capture:

Also, how do you hold the sequence? (@0:37 and @2:00 in your video, you're using both hands to move "macros" from your MIDI controller) - do you use a MIDI track (in your DAW) to hold the sequence?
I have a food-pedal. with the pedal i hold the note and catch it again with a little trick. When you hold a key with the pedal and a sequence is playing, you could not pres the note again, after you release it. If you do, the sequence starts from the beginning. that's because a new midi note is coming in, tbe old one will stop and the new one will trigger again. so just press for a really short while another note (an octave down in this video) and press again the original note. in this case the sequence carries on an you catched the note again. a bit training with the pedal and you can do awesome stuff. ;-)
Ah and i renamed the file after i saved it. i didn't test it again. the name is too long but will not do any bad stuff to the sound. ;-)

Mirko R. wrote:Yes,... it was a lot of fun. Playing with a splitted preset for #RAPID that I made with the factory content. Just press a key on the bottom to play it and control everything with the three Macros. On the top of the keyboard you can play the solo synth-lead.
You like that and you own RAPID? Here is the preset for you. ;-)

Cheers!

Download from Dropbox:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/380 ... 20MPB).fxp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wC4wKQ ... e=youtu.be
Sound great! I just need a 88 key keyboard, as 49 just is cutting it.

Display bug isn't critical. Renaming solve it, I agree. What's mean 143 MPB in filename? (is it BPM, instead?)

About pedal... in this version (1.0.2.9 Win) sustain pedal isn't natively supported (already said) => can't hold the "Seq" by this way! your trick about pedal will be appreciated. Of course, CC#64 (sustain) on "all synth" isn't usable in this case (you'll can't play other notes) => Using a "long" MIDI note (held) in DAW solve it.

Also, I can't assign "Macro 1/2/3" buttons to my MIDI controller (CCs), can't find "MIDI Learn" (or similar) feature (I don't use Kontrol S), and no "Macro" as target in modulation matrix (eg: source = Midi CC 74, target = Macro 1). No info in (incomplete/unfinished) online manual, too. Or maybe I'm wrong somewhere but really I don't understand this synth, even it sounds fine.

Your Trance Sequence sounds great!
Last edited by docam28 on Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Core i9-9900KF @4.5GHz, 32GB RAM, 8TB, RTX 2080, Windows 10 Pro x64, Bitwig Studio 4, REAPER 6, UR22C, BX5-D2, KK S61 MK2, Chromaphone 3, Discovery Pro, DUNE 3, Komplete 13 Select, Mercury-4, OP-X PRO-II, SynthMaster 2, RAPID, VPS Avenger, Scaler 2...

Mirko R. wrote: Here is the preset for you. ;-)
The Mirkster does it again. That was beautiful man. Thanks.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

parawave wrote:
docam28 wrote:No more activities from Parawave website concerning RAPID Synthesizer (Windows) since long time, staying at v1.0.2, ignored sustain pedal remains unfixed..
Updates are still in development. I'm not a fan of daily/weekly updates. It's annoying for us AND customers. The next version will include cool new stuff. As long as there is no public announcement that development is discontinued, don't worry. Research, planning and testing just takes time.
Since TWO MONTHS you can't implement sustain pedal support? really is it a joke???? :(
Is it too difficult to add "On/Off" checkbox from "Preferences" page? - oups, no "Preferences" page too... :dog: to enable or disable the sustain pedal, one of important feature like Modwheel and Pitchbend.

I don't mean about daily/weekly updates, but for a VSTi not updated since two months!

Also, where is the "MIDI Learn" feature? can't assign "Macro" potentiometers to my MIDI controller!!!! perhaps it's possible, but without user manual (and crystal ball)...

Be sure I regret to have bought this synth, for now I consider I'm a betrayed client.
Core i9-9900KF @4.5GHz, 32GB RAM, 8TB, RTX 2080, Windows 10 Pro x64, Bitwig Studio 4, REAPER 6, UR22C, BX5-D2, KK S61 MK2, Chromaphone 3, Discovery Pro, DUNE 3, Komplete 13 Select, Mercury-4, OP-X PRO-II, SynthMaster 2, RAPID, VPS Avenger, Scaler 2...

A couple of "tarnce" super/hypersaw leads made with Rapid

https://soundcloud.com/recursion-loop/rapid-tranceleads

Here are the patches

http://www.filedropper.com/rapidtranceleads
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

docam28 wrote:
parawave wrote:
docam28 wrote:No more activities from Parawave website concerning RAPID Synthesizer (Windows) since long time, staying at v1.0.2, ignored sustain pedal remains unfixed..
Updates are still in development. I'm not a fan of daily/weekly updates. It's annoying for us AND customers. The next version will include cool new stuff. As long as there is no public announcement that development is discontinued, don't worry. Research, planning and testing just takes time.
Since TWO MONTHS you can't implement sustain pedal support? really is it a joke???? :(
Is it too difficult to add "On/Off" checkbox from "Preferences" page? - oups, no "Preferences" page too... :dog: to enable or disable the sustain pedal, one of important feature like Modwheel and Pitchbend.

I don't mean about daily/weekly updates, but for a VSTi not updated since two months!

Also, where is the "MIDI Learn" feature? can't assign "Macro" potentiometers to my MIDI controller!!!! perhaps it's possible, but without user manual (and crystal ball)...

Be sure I regret to have bought this synth, for now I consider I'm a betrayed client.
I would understand your frustration if we were talking about a bug not being fixed. But this is a feature not yet implemented. How many other developers implement new features on every day basis? Since Rapid doesn't have any serious bugs (that I have found), I don't understand why you are complaining about a missing feature, and that there hasn't been an update for two months. Parawave has probably been quite busy (during December) with the MacOSX release, which, I guess, was 100+ times more important than implementing the sustain pedal support. I'm sure it will be implemented pretty soon :)

Edit: Oh, and regarding the lack of manual. Rapid isn't that hard to use, I'm always practicing the "learning by doing" method, you should too, you will learn much more from that than from any manual. And a midi learn feature isn't that critical, is it? You can easily assign any know to your host without a built-in midi learn feature, and through this assign it to your midi controller.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

starflakeprj wrote:
docam28 wrote:
parawave wrote:

I would understand your frustration if we were talking about a bug not being fixed. But this is a feature not yet implemented. How many other developers implement new features on every day basis? Since Rapid doesn't have any serious bugs (that I have found), I don't understand why you are complaining about a missing feature, and that there hasn't been an update for two months. Parawave has probably been quite busy (during December) with the MacOSX release, which, I guess, was 100+ times more important than implementing the sustain pedal support. I'm sure it will be implemented pretty soon :)

Edit: Oh, and regarding the lack of manual. Rapid isn't that hard to use, I'm always practicing the "learning by doing" method, you should too, you will learn much more from that than from any manual. And a midi learn feature isn't that critical, is it? You can easily assign any know to your host without a built-in midi learn feature, and through this assign it to your midi controller.
Thanks for this reply, starflakeprj, of course I'm frustrated, mainly by Parawave reply in red color ("I'm not fan of daily/weekly updates"), of course I'm not fan too about weekly updates, but two months, excuse me Sir, it's too long!

Perhaps it is'nt important for you, but it is for me (and I'm not alone - simply read other posts/topics), MIDI features are important, such sustain pedal and MIDI assignments, in particular for live performance. Every serious synthesizers have these features, natively or quickly added (like in Avenger), but RAPID doesn't have, voila. Everytime I want to do something, I'm stucked (don't have this feature, impossible to do this or this, etc).

I was patient and I don't claim anything during December (OSX period + holidays) but now we're near end of January, arent?

docam28 wrote:
starflakeprj wrote:
docam28 wrote:
parawave wrote:

Thanks for this reply, starflakeprj, of course I'm frustrated, mainly by Parawave reply in red color ("I'm not fan of daily/weekly updates"), of course I'm not fan too about weekly updates, but two months, excuse me Sir, it's too long!

Perhaps it is'nt important for you, but it is for me (and I'm not alone - simply read other posts/topics), MIDI features are important, such sustain pedal and MIDI assignments, in particular for live performance. Every serious synthesizers have these features, natively or quickly added (like Avenger), but RAPID doesn't have, voila. Everytime I like doing something, I'm stucked (don't have this feature, impossible to do, etc).

I was patient and I don't claim anything during December (OSX period + holidays) but now we're near end of January, arent?
I think I understand some of you frustration. You feel Rapid is unusable, mostly becayse it hasn't support for a sustain pedal, and to be honest, since I can't even play any instrument, I have never reflected over any software not having this. Even though I've heard it can be used in sound design as well, I'm not really that skilled, or maybe just not taking my time to explore my synths this way.

Anyway, regarding the midi learn feature I'm sure (until Parawave ha implemented this) you can assign any knob in Rapid to Reaper, and from there assign them to your midi controller. Myself I have never (that I can remember) used the midi learn feature in any synth plugin :)
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

starflakeprj wrote:Anyway, regarding the midi learn feature I'm sure (until Parawave ha implemented this) you can assign any knob in Rapid to Reaper, and from there assign them to your midi controller. Myself I have never (that I can remember) used the midi learn feature in any synth plugin :)
I always use "MIDI Learn" directly from synth knobs/faders (all synths I'm using - including free TyrellN6 - permit this), okay, excellent idea, I'll investigate about REAPER to try to bypass this (temporary? :D) restriction... Thanks a lot!

EDIT: may be useful for another users here (using REAPER)...

- By using mouse, move relevant knob or fader (must be lastest touched control from RAPID).
- From REAPER, select menu "Actions" then "Show action list...".
- From incoming "Actions" window, simply type Learn into "Filter" (text input).
- Click on FX: set MIDI Learn for last touched FX parameter from displayed list, then click "Run/close" button.
- A new window appears (its title is "MIDI/OSC Learn"), now move knob (or fader) you'll want to assign from your MIDI controller (or control surface), then click "OK".

docam28 wrote:
starflakeprj wrote:Anyway, regarding the midi learn feature I'm sure (until Parawave ha implemented this) you can assign any knob in Rapid to Reaper, and from there assign them to your midi controller. Myself I have never (that I can remember) used the midi learn feature in any synth plugin :)
I always use "MIDI Learn" directly from synth knobs/faders (all synths I'm using - including free TyrellN6 - permit this), okay, excellent idea, I'll investigate about REAPER to try to bypass this (temporary? :D) restriction... Thanks a lot!

EDIT: may be useful for another users here (using REAPER)...

- By using mouse, move relevant knob or fader (must be lastest touched control from RAPID).
- From REAPER, select menu "Actions" then "Show action list...".
- From incoming "Actions" window, simply type Learn into "Filter" (text input).
- Click on FX: set MIDI Learn for last touched FX parameter from displayed list, then click "Run/close" button.
- A new window appears (its title is "MIDI/OSC Learn"), now move knob (or fader) you'll want to assign from your MIDI controller (or control surface), then click "OK".
I guess you have tested by now, but I fired Reaper up, and there wasn't any problems assigning any knob using "Learn" when pressing the "Param" button in the instrument wrapper.

Edit: Oops, I missed your updated post :)

Mirko R. wrote: I have a food-pedal. with the pedal i hold the note and catch it again with a little trick. When you hold a key with the pedal and a sequence is playing, you could not pres the note again, after you release it. If you do, the sequence starts from the beginning. that's because a new midi note is coming in, tbe old one will stop and the new one will trigger again. so just press for a really short while another note (an octave down in this video) and press again the original note. in this case the sequence carries on an you catched the note again. a bit training with the pedal and you can do awesome stuff. ;-)
All clarity successfully removed.
- WonderEcho -

in fl studio, all vst works with a substain pedal, if you press your pedal rapid substain all notes

kokotte wrote:in fl studio, all vst works with a substain pedal, if you press your pedal rapid substain all notes
I'm using REAPER or Ableton 9 Lite, I've tried FL Studio 12 but I don't like. Thanks anyway.

Return to “Instruments”