Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

David wrote:
sircuit wrote: Click on a existing bank to create a new one. Generally, if a right-click is not registered, click on displayed elements (icons, names etc.)

Thanks; shoulda tried that!
yeah it works on icon i but it does work for manuel to click on empty space on his tutorial and therefor its a bug. should be fixed

Hi,

I have some questions:

(1) Is there a shaper mode that sounds like Radias' "pickup" waveshaper? It gives the sound a really nice bass like beginning sound in combination with the punch control? Please have a look here on page 37, both is described there: http://i.korg.com/uploads/Support/EXB_R ... 460000.pdf

Quotes from manual:
"Pickup: This simulates an electromagnetic pickup. Depth adjusts the depth."
"Punch Level [000...127]
Creates a more “snappy” attack by adjusting the amount of pulse waveform that is added to the oscillator output only during the attack. Increasing this value will emphasize the attack."

For sure there is a way, but what would be the most efficient way?

(2) Is there a way to use different velocity translation curves, for example to control the filter cutoff? IMO would be very helpful for exact expressive playing.

(3) Can I mark presets as favorites?

(4) Is it possible to ring mod cross oscillators? If not, what would be the common way to emulate this?

(5) Does polyphonic panning via random or lfo already work? I am unsure :)

I have some (little) feature requests:

- An additional "memory" menu entry "save (NEW NAME)", so after you changed the name in the upper left field, to save the patch under new name without opening a file requester. So that there a two "save" entries + save as.

- I miss a redo button. Maybe right click on undo?

- Automate OSC on/off thru macro controls

- A context menu point on right click on a preset "JOIN TO CURRENT", So you could easily setup layered sounds

- Double right click on a control jumps to the relevant entry in the mod matrix / scrolls the mod matrix to the connected entry, so a quick-jump-to-matrix-entry

- I miss some description of the filter types in the manual....

No so little requests:

- If there is no favorites, please add!

- Ringmod?

- A control for the way of voice spreading. Could be simply by dragging on that voices graphics. See dune2 vsti or MPowerSynth.

- Dunno if this already works: Polyphonic panning and polyphonic LFOs

Thanks!
P.S: This synth reminds me so much of my Radias, sound wise :)

I think the feature I am currently missing most is an additional curve parameter per modulation slot.

For example, if I want to do PWM, it seems not to be possible to do linear PWM modulation, since the formant and x-side controls are not sounding linear. So the PWM will sound not equal weightened.

Is it possible to do linear PWM?
Here is an example sound: http://tstlab.virtualcreations.de/aveng ... ar_pwm.m4a
Listen exactly to the PWM, it rests a lot longer in the higher area and only bounces back in the lower area.

Ok, I can use a inverted second SAW with free phase, so using two OSCs. But would be very nice to be able to do linear PWM within one OSC.

So my request would be:

- Add a flexible curve parameter to any modulation slot

- Add a "LINEAR X-CITE SIDE" and a "LINEAR X-CITE MID" mode to that modulator

- Add a "Ringmod" OSC, in which you can route other OSCs. So selecting "ring mod" thru the waveform selector .
Last edited by Hanz Meyzer on Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I take it the Xmas discount is now over?
Maybe edit the thread title?
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

PatchAdamz wrote:What a fun and creative synth.
Having used it now on several songs it also records well (good tone, frequency range).
Very inspiring....
Yeah I feel the same way. I've made a few songs out of Avenger and very little else. So easy to work with and yet so many great ways to tailor sounds. This is my favorite workshorse synth by a landslide. I really feel like I don't need Serum anymore.

Just been tinkering a bit, LOVE my new toy, thank you very much!

But an odd thing: just made a couple of presets, very like earlier ones, but for these, any overlapped notes all take on the velocity level of the first overlapping note. I can't see any difference between these and earlier presets where this doesn't happen… Ideas?
TIA!

PS: One more vote for Favorites, esp. in the Files pane!

Are the sends always fed with the signal pre FX1/FX2?
- WonderEcho -

Klinke1 wrote:Are the sends always fed with the signal pre FX1/FX2?
Just turned off all routings except Arp1 which is on for all osc. No difference.

Arp also on in several other patches where this doesn't happen.

After weeks of playing with this awesome synth, 2 things i really miss:

* Proper PWM (the wavetables aren't fluid/detailed enough at all)
* Using an OSC (output) as a mod source

Other then that; great tool!

Damn it, these incredible bursts and overloads which keep on happening are life threatening, I was just tweaking the reverb in a patch, then this happened - LogicX 10.2.4 on Mac Pro El Cap latest version of Avenger. Please fix this asap. :help: :help:
overload1.png
overload2.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sampleconstruct wrote:Damn it, these incredible bursts and overloads which keep on happening are life threatening, I was just tweaking the reverb in a patch, then this happened - LogicX 10.2.4 on Mac Pro El Cap latest version of Avenger. Please fix this asap. :help: :help:

It seems to be related to the combination of two delay FX in series and a reverb module at the end of the chain. The overloads keep on happening.

Sampleconstruct wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:Damn it, these incredible bursts and overloads which keep on happening are life threatening, I was just tweaking the reverb in a patch, then this happened - LogicX 10.2.4 on Mac Pro El Cap latest version of Avenger. Please fix this asap. :help: :help:

It seems to be related to the combination of two delay FX in series and a reverb module at the end of the chain. The overloads keep on happening.
No, even with the two delay modules switches off it occurs, so it's only related to the reverb in Arena mode, reverb wet is assigned to a Macro button.

EDIT: it's not that either, it happens even with FX switched off, so it must be something with the multi-samples in the patch, I'll send it to the dev then *sigh*

exmatproton wrote:After weeks of playing with this awesome synth, 2 things i really miss:

you can use a Square OSC Shape, then you can do smooth pwm with the x-cite or formant

For example, if I want to do PWM, it seems not to be possible to do linear PWM modulation, since the formant and x-side controls are not sounding linear. So the PWM will sound not equal weightened.
of course its possible, since you can draw any curve you want already in the mod envelope. Please try the preset "smooth PWM" in the mod envelope.

msvs wrote:
exmatproton wrote:After weeks of playing with this awesome synth, 2 things i really miss:

you can use a Square OSC Shape, then you can do smooth pwm with the x-cite or formant

of course its possible, since you can draw any curve you want already in the mod envelope. Please try the preset "smooth PWM" in the mod envelope.
That is a tip i will consider...never use presets. Maybe it is time to dive into those module presets :tu:

Manuel, thanks for info.

Btw. a preset favorites system maybe could be simply done by adding a new tag named "favorites"?

Or allowing us to add custom tags ? :o Would be enough for me to edit some xml file :lol:

Return to “Instruments”