I will mix one song for free

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello people, how are you? I hope well. I am offering a free mix for one song, after that I will want $45,00 for mixing (at this time it's this price). If you are interested in have one song mixed for free send a private message for me.

Why? Who are you?

My name is Marcos from Brazil and I am mixing one song for my portfolio, to publicize my work.

I'll do 10 for a packet of fags. But I'll only work for the time it takes me to smoke em. Not long then.

Mahzin wrote:Hello people, how are you? I hope well. I am offering a free mix for one song, after that I will want $45,00 for mixing (at this time it's this price). If you are interested in have one song mixed for free send a private message for me.
Here you are - with a skill - and you have to give it away.

Because somehow an archaic, natural, messy system of supply and demand "must" be preserved.

What a stupid species, the Human. :(

Codestation wrote:
Mahzin wrote:Hello people, how are you? I hope well. I am offering a free mix for one song, after that I will want $45,00 for mixing (at this time it's this price). If you are interested in have one song mixed for free send a private message for me.
Here you are - with a skill - and you have to give it away.

Because somehow an archaic, natural, messy system of supply and demand "must" be preserved.

What a stupid species, the Human. :(
Sorry, I didn't understand.

I only want to show my services and increase my portfolio :). But only one song.

Hi Mahzin. Do you have a soundcloud page where I can listen to your mixes?

Yes I have, but I post beats on it.
https://soundcloud.com/ohnik-beatz

$45 per song cannot be professional.
And that´s what I would want to, if I would want to have my songs mixed.
I am a professional mixer and you cannot mix a song in less than 4 hours,
if you have to deal with all the mixing steps, like routing, leveling, Eqing, Compression, editing and all the shenanigans ...
Doing all that in 4 hours, so you´re quick and you know what you´re doing.
Equals a bit more than 10 bucks an hour/pre-tax.
Are you able to finance a studio and your living costs with that ?
No way ...

So please don´t decrease the price and value of professional mixer and last but not least don´t sell yourself short (if you know what you´re doing and you are not).

(( D ))

I understand, but I am beginning now with a modest kit (Rokit 8's, UR22, ATH-M30, MacBook Pro) in a modest home studio. So I am thinking about to start with $45,00 per song (R$141,00 here in Brazil), but I can reconsider this price. I want portfolio, this is the reason I am giving 1 mixing and mastering for free for 1 song. I think I am good doing this (mixing and mastering). You think $100,00 (around R$314,00) would be a good price?

If I were you I'd start the journey of practicing for a few more years and upgrading your consumer level equipment before you start trying to charge people for mixing.

tehlord wrote:If I were you I'd start the journey of practicing for a few more years and upgrading your consumer level equipment before you start trying to charge people for mixing.
Well spoken tehlord !
I don´t get it and it make me sick that people don´t take the subject serious and are thinking, that with six youtube videos you´re able to mix and master (a real story) and afterwards charging people for their "art" ... WTF ????
If you´re realizing the decrease of standards over the last years and that more and more professionals have to cancel their jobs and are working at McDumb now ...
one quotation is coming to my mind:

"The era of heros has been replaced by the era of mediocrity"
Unknown

Nothing more to add ...

(( D ))

Mahzin wrote:Yes I have, but I post beats on it.
your mix is a little quiet, and thats coming from someone thats always knocking heavy, brickwalled, red lined stuff thats posted on here. :phones:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

layzer wrote:
Mahzin wrote:Yes I have, but I post beats on it.
your mix is a little quiet, and thats coming from someone thats always knocking heavy, brickwalled, red lined stuff thats posted on here. :phones:
Yes, it's only mixed with a peak that respect a certain parameter with a good RMS, this is the cause of the mix to be quiet. If I master it, it will sound louder.

Return to “Music Cafe”