Applied Acoustics Systems announces OBJEQ Delay

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Oh look, more not-Tassman products from the makers of Tassman...
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

I'm disappointed they haven't shown a new Tasman. I like AAS, but this isn't very exciting or interesting. The ability to process sounds with resonators is cool, but you can already do that in Tassman I believe. Hopefully other people like it, but personally I'd rather they spend all their time on Tassman.

Michael L wrote:Did you ask Borat about Tassman5 ?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

They did a eurorack module (in partnership with inteligel I think) - that is pretty new and interesting! VST now in Eurorack!

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewt ... p?t=175279
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Borat from 'A,A and S' in the 'U,S and A' at 'N,A,M and M'.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Daags wrote:is $139 an intro offer ? this plugin is easily worth $500, so I think $139 is a great price.
Dude, what are you smoking? This plugin is EASILY worth twice that, or more! I bet the actual retail price is going to be $1399 so you better grab this while you can. Talk about a no-brainer!

BDeep wrote:Hmmm seems to me that Live Tassman users can sort of constr
uct this by using Corpus followed by two delays Tassman
FTFY

Although it has to be said, what an excellent business model... Start off with a standalone softsynth based on the stuff you did in your PhD thesis. Make V2 a rewrite that turns it into plugin. Make V3 a complete, backwards-incompatible rewrite of V2 that actually adds zero functionality but breaks everybody's projects and patches. Make V4 a rewrite that adds nothing except a rewrite of the browser, breaking everybody's projects and patches.

Then, whilst not ever admitting that you've pretty much got nowhere new to take your synthesis engine, hint vaguely at an exciting new product that everyone hopes is V5 of your flagship, recycle it piecemeal, releasing one new simple fixed-path patch as a separate plugins after another, year after year, selling your flagship in bits all over again.

Then, whilst not ever admitting that you've pretty much got nowhere new to take your synthesis engine, hint vaguely at an exciting new product that everyone hopes is V5 of your flagship, just rewrite all of those spun-off patches with nothing but a new UI and a couple of effects and sell them all over again.

And then when over a decade has passed since you last did anything vaguely new, whilst not ever admitting that you've pretty much got nowhere new to take your synthesis engine, hint vaguely at an exciting new product that everyone hopes is V5 of your flagship, then start a whole new cycle of recycling, reducing the fixed-path patches into smaller effects still and sell them all over again. Whilst still refusing to admit that you have nothing new to put into T5.

I for one am looking forward to the 'Analog Filter', 'String Resonator' and 'Lounge Tremelo' effects.
Last edited by whyterabbyt on Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

As much I love AAS stuff, I don't see a purpose to putting their resonator on a delay :shrug: . Ableton Corpus is enough for me.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

whyterabbyt wrote:I for one am looking forward to the 'Analog Filter', 'String Resonator' and 'Lounge Tremelo' effects.
:lol: Infallibly declaimed! And for their Grand Finale, they will take all the Tassman modules they scattered among various plugins and reunite them in a shiny new GUI.
(but with no more preset-level midi mapping so keep your Tassman 4!)
Last edited by Michael L on Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

whyterabbyt wrote:
I for one am looking forward to the 'Analog Filter', 'String Resonator' and 'Lounge Tremelo' effects.
So from this can I conclude that there are some interesting bits in Tassman, just not the filters, cause I've yet to hear an AAS filter that I like? <-this is a question

whyterabbyt wrote:
FTFY

Although it has to be said, what an excellent business model... Start off with a standalone softsynth based on the stuff you did in your PhD thesis. Make V2 a rewrite that turns it into plugin. Make V3 a complete, backwards-incompatible rewrite of V2 that actually adds zero functionality but breaks everybody's projects and patches. Make V4 a rewrite that adds nothing except a rewrite of the browser, breaking everybody's projects and patches.

Then, whilst not ever admitting that you've pretty much got nowhere new to take your synthesis engine, hint vaguely at an exciting new product that everyone hopes is V5 of your flagship, recycle it piecemeal, releasing one new simple fixed-path patch as a separate plugins after another, year after year, selling your flagship in bits all over again.

Then, whilst not ever admitting that you've pretty much got nowhere new to take your synthesis engine, hint vaguely at an exciting new product that everyone hopes is V5 of your flagship, just rewrite all of those spun-off patches with nothing but a new UI and a couple of effects and sell them all over again.

And then when over a decade has passed since you last did anything vaguely new, whilst not ever admitting that you've pretty much got nowhere new to take your synthesis engine, hint vaguely at an exciting new product that everyone hopes is V5 of your flagship, then start a whole new cycle of recycling, reducing the fixed-path patches into smaller effects still and sell them all over again. Whilst still refusing to admit that you have nothing new to put into T5.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I kept thinking I had read the same line over and kept going back...
If that's anything like you feel but over years, well....
Are you a disgruntled fan of Tassman? Either way you're very funny :wink:

whyterabbyt wrote:I for one am looking forward to the 'Analog Filter', 'String Resonator' and 'Lounge Tremelo' effects.
more naïvely i, for one, am waiting for some .mp3 demos, aren't we ?????

:P

dredd i knight wrote:Are you a disgruntled fan of Tassman? Either way you're very funny :wink:
Cheers :) Yes, Ive owned Tassman since T2, and Im sort of exasperated by the way AAS have let it lapse. And Ive felt like that for quite a while, Im afraid, eg this, from 2010...

viewtopic.php?p=4182166#p4182166

and this from 2006

viewtopic.php?p=2262427#p2262427

Dear god, I have been banging this drum a long time.

Anyway, as I say, a long time ago, I'd basically come to the suspicion that its abandonment is due to the fact that they dont actually know how to significantly expand and/or improve their core technology, and since more products makes more money, they opted to chop it up and repackage it over and over again instead. (And I even predicted the Version 2s in 2010, it seems).

Cynical perspective, I admit, but what niggles me is not quite that they chose to focus on cannibalising the Tassman technology, but that they simultaneously opted to dangle the carrot of a new version of Tassman for most of the last 10 years.
I can no longer find their forums (gone the way of their patch-sharing pages, I think, and gee ta for that) but AAS started several 'what do you want to see in Tassman 5' threads over that decade, and each and every time folk fell for it. If they'd just said 'sorry folks, we're not doing it', that would have been okay, but instead every 'new product coming soon' announcement they make gets people hyped up thinking its T5. And any press is good press, so they stay complicit with that.

To their credit they have kept it up to date with OS and host revisions, but they've pretty much squandered the opportunity in favour of recycling/repackaging, and, unfortunately, Objeq takes that to a whole new level of potentially excess straw.

Im not bitter about it, life's too short, and I still own a few of the standalones, but I do think its been a helluva shame, and AAS have been a bit too disingenuous about the fate/state of T5.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote:
FTFY

IK's Modo Bass puts AAS PM to shame. Lounge Lizard is good but I had big hopes from AAS since 2001. So much wasted potential. I'm now looking to IK to push the envelope forward in realistic acoustic PM.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

I'd settle for a simple GUI overhaul at this stage ...

they're still selling Tassman 4, and even include it in their relatively frequent sales so they're not afraid to flog it, even at no-brainer (imo) prices ... so, while there's no doubt they're selling chunks of its technology piecemeal, I think it would be more 'damning' if Tassman 4 was simultaneously taken off the shelf and/or not updated to work in current OS/host setups. The option is still there for any customer to buy the 'master' software, or buy the derivative.

but yes it's really frustrating at this stage, it really leaves no other conclusion to draw other than the one clearly illustrated by whyterabbyt.

most maddening of all is that there is a very successful and fairly analagous software that they could look to; Reaktor. NI still develop it, still push it as a flagship software, and still appear to do very well selling Reaktor derivative instruments & fx.

Return to “Effects”