A good Audio Editor for MAC?

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Synapse2k wrote:Hey I have an excellent recommendation for a Mac wave editor. it has a demo and it costs around $70 something dollars. For the features you get it's almost as feature filled as Sound Forge Pro. The wave editor homepage is http://www.twistedwave.com. Twisted Wave is in version 1.17.3. Don't be deceived by the cheap price. It has really good typed in multi voice voice synthesis/pitch shifting/batch conversion and multi fx non destructive editing. Also it has a form of multi channel editing but I don't use it. You can save your multi fx chains as custom presets so Twisted Wave is good for mastering. Check it out.
+1
And there's an iPad version as well.

After Audacity upgraded its GUI, and added all those VAMP plugins,it became really unique if you like to do detailed musical analysis (vs just frequency analysis).
DSP Quattro has a great workflow for fast and detailed editing of samples with FX and VST/AU hosting.
Then there's AudioFinder which is a combo editor and sample manager.
I use those three, for those purposes.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Another recommendation here for Twisted Wave. I've had it since v.1, it's continuously being updated and it is hand down my favourite audio editor.

I also use DSP Q since way back when – excellent for CD/album creation and editing.

/Joachim
Last edited by Spitfire31 on Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

double post
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

fmr wrote:
Jace-BeOS wrote:There's this too: http://www.audiofile-engineering.com/triumph/
Yes, I mentioned it, although, personally, I never got into that layers workflow. Too much used to the paradigm that started with Sound Designer/ Alchemy. That's why (that and all the other editing features) that I miss Peak so much.
Oops, I totally missed that last part of your post.

I've not tried it yet. I've had an idea similar to layers for a while (inspired by being a photoshop user for ages) and I'm interested to see how Audiofile Engineering does it.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Spitfire31 wrote:Another recommendation here for Twisted Wave. I've had it since v.1, it's continuously being updated and it is hand down my favourite audio editor
TwistedWave is really good as a fast editor and supports multichannel/surround files, even in high channel count - for me that is very handy. Problematic is only plug in support. Many plug ins don't work as intended due to GUI problems. Nevertheless TwistedWave is contantly used here, despite having licences of all other relevant audio editors (except Triumph, which I think is a workflow mess and AudioFile engineering is slow working on updates).

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”