Waldorf Largo

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Largo

I would really love an updated blofeld v2, with more dsp power, more encoders but the same screen.
dedication to flying

rod_zero wrote:I would really love an updated blofeld v2, with more dsp power, more encoders but the same screen.
I'm still saving for my Blofeld! 8)

On a similarly peripheral bent, has anyone here checked out the Blofeld patches in Nexus? I never owned the hardware, but they sound pretty darn good to my ears.
Ha ha suck it!

rod_zero wrote:I would really love an updated blofeld v2, with more dsp power, more encoders but the same screen.
Something like that should come in the future but not sure when and what will be the specs. Quite sure it will not happen this year...
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Apostate wrote:
I'm still saving for my Blofeld! 8)
With the current Waves sale i got the OneKnob Phatter plugin (a Bass enhancement plugin) and used this in combination with my Blofeld and some of my own "analog" like patches (from my commercial bank). Could sound really great that way, almost as "ballsy" as a real analog polysynth (also depending on how much that single knob in Waves OneKnob Phatter is fully cranked up...) . :)
Of course it is not really similar to my real analog Waldorf Pulse 2 in that respect (while except for the paraphonic oscillator modes you could not play that real polyphonic except if you combine multiple units to a poly-chain).

The setup for this was using the Blofeld with the "External Instrument" plugin in Live 9, routing audio to an audio track and adding the Waves Phatter plugin to that audio track.

Using that plugin also gives great results with e.g. Tone2 Saurus 2, also in combination with the built-in saturation that was added in v2.

While Largo already has a built-in "Bass boost" feature (button in the filter section) using Waves OneKnob Phatter could also work nicely with Largo. I'll try to check this soon.

Also tried to use the Waves Manny Marroquin Delay with those (instead of the built-in ones that do work nicely too) )which i got with the sale too. Some nice results ther too.
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Doing a bit of necro-work here digging out this thread... there's one thing i'm wondering about Largo (and also about Komplexer actually). Both sport 6x unison with adjustable detuning, and stereo spread. Now the thing i'm wondering (i guess a common thing with unison), when i apply LFO modulation on the filter cutoff (for example), with unison turned on, there seem to be severable LFO's modulating the filter cutoff (with a bit of offset actually, oddly). Does the unison function in Largo not only give you multiplied oscillator voices, but duplicate the whole synth path? And, if it does, how do i have to understand it, are the multiple synth paths spread across the stereo filed then, when i set the stereo pan spread in the unison section? Really having a hard time getting my head wrapped around this...

Yeah, it actually duplicates the whole voice, and you have modulation sources in the mod matrix that allow you to offset things per each unison voice (Unison V, Unison Spread, Unison Detune).

Ok, thanks. :) Think i need to dive into this deeper, as, typically, in my other synths, there was just unison on the oscillator level, rather than on the whole synth level.

Wish Waldorf would upgrade Largo to be patch compatible with the Blofeld

Won't happen :D

Largo still sounds good, better than Nave.

Largo sounds DIFFERENT than Nave. Both sound great.

aMUSEd wrote:Wish Waldorf would upgrade Largo to be patch compatible with the Blofeld
It is not possible since the Blofeld patches will sound different in Largo.

EvilDragon wrote:Largo sounds DIFFERENT than Nave. Both sound great.
Yes and the different thing is, that I love the largo sound much more, so it sounds BETTER TO ME. That is what I wrote, because all my posts are my personal opinions.

EvilDragon wrote:Largo sounds DIFFERENT than Nave. Both sound great.
Actually this is the case for Largo, Nave and PPG Wave 3.V. All 3 have a diffent combination of basic sound and features and none of them could fully replace each other.

The many new wavetables that Wolfgang Palm (the PPG founder and developer of the hardware synth) created for PPG Wave 3.V AFAIK are not included in any other Waldorf synth yet.
Ingo Weidner

Can someone help me with saving patches. Currently I save it under 'save preset' and give it a new name, then I'll load up that preset and it will be named whatever the patch was previously called so you have edit the name in largo 1st, thus naming it twice! Inside the browser then when saving the file. I'm using the latest Live in OSX.

Such workflow killer unless there's a faster way? Thanks!

Return to “Instruments”