Allomerus - Echo of Humanity

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Echo of Humanity - A time-asynchronous jam session between Kaiboard (Germany) and John Wegner (Australia). It all started when Kai saw a video of a drone flying over the destroyed city of Aleppo and discussed this with me. We both felt this loneliness and desperation of the people there. Then the idea of a virtual jam session came up with music that expresses the loneliness, the sadness but also with a glimpse of hope and humanity. We started with Kai creating some powerful live music on the keys (mainly using analog synthesisers and sequencers) and then I added the guitar, also playing live. So, it was like a live session but not played at the same time. Both of us were alone but we made some music together overcoming thousands of kilometres, different languages and cultures, expressing a common view on the world. And it felt good!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oG_wldhv0sY

The video from Aleppo is available on multiple sources. We’re aware that often footage like this is published with a political intention. We follow none of these intentions.
We took the version from Euronews. We’re using it for a strictly non-commercial purpose.
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

That's a haunting mixture of audio and imagery. They work really well together.

There's nothing like a good old collaboration sometimes. It fires creative neurons that I swear lay dormant otherwise.

powerful stuff guys, the video overlay was very well done. the whole thing is kind of a sad commentary of a supposed modern world, its like we haven't learned a thing.

I found the video inspiring. The footage was used in a tasteful way and matched the tone of the music well.
I also love the idea of two musicians "jamming" across the globe. :tu:
The music is fantastic. Great sounds and playing.

Thanks for sharing.

tehlord wrote:That's a haunting mixture of audio and imagery. They work really well together.

There's nothing like a good old collaboration sometimes. It fires creative neurons that I swear lay dormant otherwise.
Thanks tehlord! Sometimes music is difficult to make and other times it just flows. Kai fabulous synths made it easy to just jam along without really thinking, just feeling. (Creative neurons were released...)
Bandcamp

wavephonic wrote:powerful stuff guys, the video overlay was very well done. the whole thing is kind of a sad commentary of a supposed modern world, its like we haven't learned a thing.
Thanks wavephonic. That's the problem, we mainly haven't learnt a lot. I have hope for the internet as a way to remember things, but the events in the USA remind me too much of 1984!
Bandcamp

justin3am wrote:I found the video inspiring. The footage was used in a tasteful way and matched the tone of the music well.
I also love the idea of two musicians "jamming" across the globe. :tu:
The music is fantastic. Great sounds and playing.

Thanks for sharing.
My pleasure! Glad you enjoyed it...
I must say I enjoyed your improv too!
:)
Bandcamp

Tip of the hat for taking on such a dark topic. To my ear this sounded more like a lament and a prayer for the affected rather than a protest and that seems cool and apt. Dug the music. The visuals of course reflect the darkest part of humanity. Thanks for sharing.

excellent playing and production. enjoyed all the way through.
thanks for sharing, chaps! :tu:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

really haunting, great playing, great sounds

ecamburn wrote:Tip of the hat for taking on such a dark topic. To my ear this sounded more like a lament and a prayer for the affected rather than a protest and that seems cool and apt. Dug the music. The visuals of course reflect the darkest part of humanity. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks ecamburn! You are probably right about it being a Lament and prayer...
Fingers crossed.
Bandcamp

layzer wrote:excellent playing and production. enjoyed all the way through.
thanks for sharing, chaps! :tu:
Thanks layzer! As I've mentioned elsewhere, I found this easy to play guitar to as Kai had produced such fabulous sounds to begin with.

I remember telling him it was awesome without me playing anything. Maybe that's why I left so much space... ;)
Bandcamp

Jesse Gorter wrote:really haunting, great playing, great sounds
Thanks Jesse! Looking forward to your next mix of 'the way'...
Bandcamp

Great track, and goes well with the visuals. Nice work.

SCprogfan wrote:Great track, and goes well with the visuals. Nice work.
Thank you! Glad you enjoyed it...
Bandcamp

Return to “Music Cafe”