Hardware synth jam mark 2

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Had some time last night so came up with some cheesy synth lines.

I will get better :hihi:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjJxytbNsE0

Good stuff :)

Very nice setup too!
:tu:

well, all i can say is our monitoring devices must be calibrated very close because
that sounded perfect to me. I never like to touch my phones volume or EQ
this was a nice groove. i especially like the solid sound of the kick. not overbearing
but just right. bravo, man :clap:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Most excellent! Love the sound of that Mono Lancet. Great mix, as always.

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks guys.

It's funny you mention the mix, there's very little actual mixing here. A bit of HPF on stuff that needs it and a limiter strapped across the master just to up the levels a bit. It's all stock Ableton stuff, even the Ableton ping pong delay (which I adore....).

Thanks for teh listenz!

Love the sounds, especially that lead pluck. Also dug how the different parts wove in and out and interacted with each other. The main melody was enjoyable and things evolved over time in a way that maintained interest.

tehlord wrote:It's funny you mention the mix, there's very little actual mixing here.
The sounds are well balanced, is all I meant. Even deciding not to mess with the mix requires an ear for what sounds right.

ecamburn wrote:Love the sounds, especially that lead pluck. Also dug how the different parts wove in and out and interacted with each other. The main melody was enjoyable and things evolved over time in a way that maintained interest.
Muchos gracias sir :)

justin3am wrote:
tehlord wrote:It's funny you mention the mix, there's very little actual mixing here.
The sounds are well balanced, is all I meant. Even deciding not to mess with the mix requires an ear for what sounds right.
Tru dat.

Most of it can be done in sound design, especially when you're using simple tones.

This wasn't what I was expecting. I saw one of your viddys on teh Twitter a few days ago and assumed that this would be the same jam. There's me, jumping the gun again. It's got a great overall balance, with all of the different sounds come through very clearly. I really liked the Microbrute on here, demonstrating the fact that it's not just good for those "dirty" sounds. Plinky and wibbly. Is that a thing?

Good work :)

Return to “Music Cafe”