bitwig 2 is here

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Catalyzer MeowSynth

CTStump wrote:It's really sad when people are forced to break forum rules(multiple accounts) due to sub forum banning and bringing their issues to this thread.
Who exactly is forced to break forum rules? Nbot could just write an email to Bitwig support.

For the record - I didn't break any rules. When you're behind a shared network (for example your local ISP) any user behind it will have the same IP address, so if anybody else uses KVR it would be seen as multiple users from the same IP
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_a ... ranslation

"El estereotipo alemán es el del alemán cuadrado que hace todo según las reglas y no puede ver otra forma de pensar que la establecida.
Sobre el cuadradismo alemán, si, son aferrados a sus leyes y reglas. ...
Los autos paran en los semáforos hasta cuando no hay un alma en la calle, todo es como debería ser. "

:pray:
"It dreamed itself along"

dom@bitwig wrote:No problem and thanks for your input! As you might know, I try to answer whatever i can!
In this case, i just can't give guaranteed answer and have to point you to the sales support - and i'm very sorry for that!

Best,
Dom
And that seems to be a fair/honest response.

@CTStump, I think there maybe a different issue at hand. If someone is banned from a subforum, they are not necessarily banned from the general KVR forum.

I won't pretend to know the issue, but I hope it all gets sorted out.

Just going to chime in with my experience with Dom, and his 'Customer Support.'

He first banned me outright from The bitwig subforum for shedding light on a Windows 10 bug that I was having. Subsequently I PMed him about 3 times to ask why, and got no response or acknowledgement as to why I was banned. (BTW the post was removed too and ignored and eventually turned out to be a big complaint.)

He is always 100% infallible and completely elitist, I have not once heard him apologize for inconvenience or acknowledge any error in Bitwig's snail-pace, development. He has never once considered Bitwig might be wrong (especially when they are charging loyal beta testers $179 yearly, and are suddenly promising amazing updates for 12 months when they literally just went 2 years without any other implement to their DAW other than 'cowbell').

He has one of the most elitist and worst personalities I have ever experienced online, and he's a company rep. He's only pandering and pretends to be nice to save his ass.

I have yet to see him answer a single question about Bitwig on the bitwig subforum, always diverting the question, banning users or directing them to their awesome 'Customer Support.'

Now about their customer support: A friend of mine and I have both experienced the same disrespectful attitude through their e-mail system. Providing bug questions, only to have Bitwig say: 'It must be your computer, Bitwig is completely fine for us.' Subsequently receiving no support, but eventually to find other users posting the same issues (like the windows 10 bug I got banned for), showing it really is Bitwig at fault, but they'd rather perma ban me than admit their flaws.

It's such a shame such a fun & promising DAW has such a horrible team, or at least representative such as Dom. Makes them all look bad.

Nah, Dom is a nice guy. Although he is wasting a lot of time IMHO
I never make mistakes; I just blame others.

"It's such a shame such a fun & promising DAW has such a horrible team, or at least representative such as Dom. Makes them all look bad."

You haven't even seen 2.0... that is what this thread is about. Ok, I kind directed some malfunction to Bivwig Co themself in a #pretious comment (I insist it shouldn't be 'themselves' in this case, by the way; I type with 1 finger, @nyways....).

But hey.. difference between people must exist. Resistance is futile :borg:
I never make mistakes; I just blame others.

For the record I have had no problems with Dom or the support team. I think their new pricing structure is a mistake and have been highly critical of certain things but don't bring it down to this kind of level.
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

And Bitwig is totally open to any form of criticism, as you can see in numerous threads in our forum.
The things we don't tolerate for good reasons are acting against the rules and/or insulting others, like shonoob has been banned for last year - and obviously not for shedding light on a bug, as he claims here.

viewtopic.php?f=259&t=471953&hilit=shon ... 5#p6596577

Rappo Clappo might be right by saying i'm wasting time with this, valid point.
I leave it to the mods of the Hosts&App forum, if i can be of any help, Hink is in contact with me and can reach me any time!

Best,
Dom

dom@bitwig wrote:And Bitwig is totally open to any form of criticism, as you can see in numerous threads in our forum.
The things we don't tolerate for good reasons are acting against the rules and/or insulting others, like shonoob has been banned for last year - and obviously not for shedding light on a bug, as he claims here.

viewtopic.php?f=259&t=471953&hilit=shon ... 5#p6596577

Best,
Dom

Oh wow Dom, So you're one point of argument against me is pure speculation from another user suggesting I posted false info, simply because he can't even see my post because you deleted it? That's rich and just shows how petty and elitist you are. I remember 100% getting banned because I outed your DAW for having horrible Windows 10 support and screen bugs with the latest Windows OS which was pathetic since you were publicly partnered with Microsoft.

Also sure, you are open to any form of criticism, what an easy statement to say when you can decide to hide and delete posts at any whim and then ban users from exposing you again. You must be one bitter SOB if you can't see the hypocrisy of your ways over the years.
Rappo Clappo wrote:"It's such a shame such a fun & promising DAW has such a horrible team, or at least representative such as Dom. Makes them all look bad."

You haven't even seen 2.0... that is what this thread is about.

Also yes, 2.0 is out. Big surprise, they haven't implemented anything they said they would. My point wasn't to praise 2.0. I was pointing out how for about 2 years of 'development', all bitwig did to their DAW was add 'cowbell,' so how can we trust their new pricing model of 'updates for 12 months,' when they have 0 tangible proof to back their aspirations thus far? All they have shown is: empty promises, a money hungry team, snail-pace development, then you have Dom, mega-jerk representing this all. One in his position should learn some humility.
mod edit wrote:please leave personal attacks and insults out your posts

ftr that was me with the mod edit...wanted you to know it was not just another member asking you to stop with the insults. Please act in a civil manner, insults wont help you get answers or results faster.
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

nbot wrote:Dom - Me and original OP were not asking about Bitwig's expected income in 2017 or the number of employees in the company. I'm asking about the details of the new license for God's sake. I want to support you guys and I'm not your enemy and I shouldn't be treated as such
Dom has suggested you write to support and ask your questions of them. If you wanted to have actual answers, you would simply do that without resistance.

shonoob wrote: then you have Dom, mega-jerk representing this all.
Seriously, personal insults again in a post in which you claim you did not get blocked because of insulting others? Remarkable. :roll:

Anyhow, as i said, it is better to leave it to Hink, i guess.

shonoob deserves a time out for this I think..
:borg:

V0RT3X wrote:shonoob deserves a time out for this I think..
agreed

(would be nice to have less noise and more space for some actual discussion of Bitwig 2)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”