bitwig 2 is here

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Catalyzer MeowSynth

Yeh- like when is the beta coming out so we can talk about software!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote:Yeh- like when is the beta coming out so we can talk about software!
Am curious to learn more about the new modulators. I'm bit surprised more people have not expressed excitement that the modulation system will have ability to be per voice (not just monophonic). Will that just be with Bitwig devices? Or will that work with VST's that support MPE?

Customer vs. the company he feeds with his money - the new trend online.

Really, I never had any trouble with being creative while using BWS. Made some nice sounding tracks. By using Bitwig exclusively on a few -free- loops. For instance.

As you can do with every DAW, I assume. I mean.. everyone nowadays think they can produce this killer track, but they say that for decades by now.

"Got a spot that gets me hot
But you ain't been to it
(No no no no no!)"
I never make mistakes; I just blame others.

chk071 wrote:Customer vs. the company he feeds with his money - the new trend online.
the new significant other

dom@bitwig wrote:
shonoob wrote: then you have Dom, mega-jerk representing this all.
Seriously, personal insults again in a post in which you claim you did not get blocked because of insulting others? Remarkable. :roll:

Anyhow, as i said, it is better to leave it to Hink, i guess.
Convenient by my part to place a pseudo insult for you to mull-over instead of acknowledging any form of fault on your part yet again. Yeah, I won't post here again don't worry, conversing with someone like you is like being stuck on an annoying mobius strip. We'll let action and results prove your worth instead of petty arguments and see how your 'plans' pan out for the next year. Fingers crossed that it won't be a recurrence of your v1.0 development. Good luck.

I thinks this is more like 1.5 update, not 2.0.
Let see what beta show us :)
And 12 months license support i think is terrible :(
Mac OSX, Bitwig Studio, Spire, Massive

chk071 wrote:Customer vs. the company he feeds with his money - the new trend online.
Are you suggesting that unhappy customers should not complain ?
I'm a bit confused by that comment.
Duh

bungle wrote:

apologist that he is, he's probably suggesting they do it 'privately' i.e 'out of sight' ... he doesn't seem to grasp the concept of 'the squeeky wheel gets the oil'. the irony is, if everyone just STFU, as he wishes, and 'voted with their wallet', Bitwig would be much more likely to fail. The problem with being emotionally invested in commercial enterprises, is you see criticism or 'complaints' as an 'attack', rather than what it is - a desire for improvement. Particularly in relation to paying customers, it is even more risible to try and shush them in to silence. As usual ... the apologists will stall progress, and at the same time benefit from whatever improvements it is that the 'complainers' insist upon.

As for the continued censorship; since there's really no other genuine Bitwig topic for them to raise the issue, and since it can hardly be raised in the Bitwig sub-forum from which these customers have been banished owing to STASI-esque moderation, it is my opinion that it is most certainly valid for these customers to drop their experiences here. but then again, I'm not the kind of guy to spam the topic with cat pics either so as always - ymmv.

pdxindy wrote:
SLiC wrote:Yeh- like when is the beta coming out so we can talk about software!
Am curious to learn more about the new modulators. I'm bit surprised more people have not expressed excitement that the modulation system will have ability to be per voice (not just monophonic). Will that just be with Bitwig devices? Or will that work with VST's that support MPE?
It will be bitwig devices only. Sending per voice modulation isn't possible with VSTs, not even with MPE devices I don't think. At elast not in the usual method of assigning the modulator to the VST parameter directly in the remote control pages. But I suppose it could be possible if a bitwig VST device had modulation inputs for the per note expressions. So for example there would be special mod controls for pressure, timbre etc. which could be the destination of the modulators. I could see this working as it would be no different really then per note automation of those things. But I don' think they built that functionality into it, or we would have seen the controls.

On the topic of MPE - I'd like to know if Bitwig can now actually record the midi channel that was sent by a particular note. Currently it does not, which means that playback can be different than what was played into it and it can screw up MPE performances.

dom@bitwig wrote:The Bitwig forum is intendet for user discussion.
If anyone has any questions for the company, send them in, as explained.

viewtopic.php?f=259&t=477769#p6686095

The Bitwig team will be more than happy to help!

Best,
Dom
You should change "questions" to "question". In my experience, if you ask more than one question in an email to support, you only get the first one answered and the rest of the email ignored! Sorry but it's happened may times. I've even sent emails back with questions numbered so as to help identify the questions. And I've also asked support if I should split each question into it's own support case (even if they are related) and didn't get an answer. I think you guys need to improve your support. I know you are busy but at least read the entire email. Especially when it's only a few lines long.

Still looking forward to V2 and will upgrade as soon as possible! You guys have done so much of what I've been waiting a long time for.
Last edited by Echoes in the Attic on Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

bungle wrote:
Should not? Well, it is a waste of time... and many, if not most of the complaints are disingenuous. But hey, they can do that if that is what they are going to do.

pdxindy wrote:
bungle wrote:
Should not? Well, it is a waste of time... and many, if not most of the complaints are disingenuous. But hey, they can do that if that is what they are going to do.
Because it's not like you've NEVER complained before, oh wait... but when you complain it's a "SINCERE" complaint. :tu:

Gotta love the advice people give sometimes.

elxsound wrote:
pdxindy wrote:
bungle wrote:
Because it's not like you've NEVER complained before, oh wait... but when you complain it's a "SINCERE" complaint. :tu:

That wasn't advice...

Also, some complaints are one thing... speak your mind... we all do sometimes... but going on and on for days, weeks or months and continually looking for the next thing to be pissed about. That is something very different.

pdxindy wrote:
elxsound wrote:
pdxindy wrote:
bungle wrote:

That wasn't advice...

Also, some complaints are one thing... speak your mind... we all do sometimes... but going on and on for days, weeks or months and continually looking for the next thing to be pissed about. That is something very different.
The only things I take exception to with your comments is that they appear to be disingenuous... that is to say you have never been an exception to your own "observation."

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”