Canadians can get Ableton cheaper..

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is a first for me or maybe I just havn't been paying enough attention..

Ableton Live 9 Standard is $449.00 Canadian if you buy the DL version directly from Abletons website, but it's the same price of $449.00 for people in the USA, which when translated is much more.
IMG_0175.JPG
It's definitely a nice bonus. :tu:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by V0RT3X on Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:25 pm, edited 4 times in total.
:borg:

I wanted my track much deeper ah-ah ah-ah
I never make mistakes; I just blame others.

Rappo Clappo wrote:I wanted my track much deeper ah-ah ah-ah
Wrong thread?

No. But I hope you are not going to post about every audio product which is cheaper in Canada. I mean really..
I never make mistakes; I just blame others.

V0RT3X wrote:Ableton Live 9 Standard is $449.00 Canadian if you buy the DL version directly from Abletons website
No added tax? I have heard that Canada is quite European-like in adding taxes...

I'm selling my Ableton Live 9 Standard license for $190 :D

Rappo Clappo wrote:No. But I hope you are not going to post about every audio product which is cheaper in Canada. I mean really..
Listen Rappo Clappo, It was merely an observation that i decided to point out for debate.

Did i offend you somehow?

Am i breaking some kind of forum rules? Not that I know of, so please can you kindly leave my thread free of your "trololol" attempts.

Furthermore, there might be other fellow canadians on here who didn't notice the same thing, and have been on the fence about purchasing Live.

Really isn't that unusual. A lot of the music software vendors sell their products for the same price in both US$ and Euro, which makes it cheaper for those in the US, even before you consider VAT for Euro purchasers. Take a look at any UVI sale or Vengeance if I remember correctly. Quite a few Kontakt instruments too.

A difference of roughly 100 dollars, not bad.
Canada rocks, it's like a civilized version of the US :hihi:

Numanoid wrote:
V0RT3X wrote:Ableton Live 9 Standard is $449.00 Canadian if you buy the DL version directly from Abletons website
No added tax? I have heard that Canada is quite European-like in adding taxes...
Most of the time on download software from other country we don't pay the taxes... I guess it's too hard for them (government) to control this...

For the rest it depends on the province... here in Quebec we pay 15% on everything we buy ....so yeah lot of taxes ....but I think in Alberta it's like 5%

RichieWitch wrote:Really isn't that unusual. A lot of the music software vendors sell their products for the same price in both US$ and Euro, which makes it cheaper for those in the US, even before you consider VAT for Euro purchasers. Take a look at any UVI sale or Vengeance if I remember correctly. Quite a few Kontakt instruments too.
Are you from Canada ? Because I very rarely see something (not to say never) the same price in US dollars and Can dollars.

Often the website only show the price in US dollars but when it's time to buy there is the conversion... so if it's 100 US$ ....we, canadians, will pay 130 can $...

fluffy_little_something wrote:Canada rocks, it's like a civilized version of the US :hihi:
You have spent a lot of time in Canada and US so you can tell the differences?

Numanoid wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:Canada rocks, it's like a civilized version of the US :hihi:
You have spent a lot of time in Canada and US so you can tell the differences?
I don't know about you, but I get all my knowledge of world politics from HPC. :lol:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”