Tracktion new DAW - Waveform

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

needs to be more reliable and for video to work on Win10. If that goes fine I will be able to ditch Reaper and use FL and Wavefront (for audio). But if I have to keep using Reaper for audio that's a pretty good second option. Reliability is pretty key for me though, there's few if any DAWs that have such a killer feature set that reliability becomes a second order problem

how does the Raspberry Pi perform calculation wise? must be a fraction of an i7 and i think even an iPad Air2 let alone the Pros will outperform the Pi?! and the iPads do have a nicely integrated touch screen as well...

In another year after release and no updates... it'll be called Sucker punch X1 :dog:

What on earth could you possibly refer to? Since Jules took over again there's been a pretty steady flow of updates and Upgrades...

http://www.kvraudio.com/product/trackti ... tware/news
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

I thought Jules wasn't developing it anymore, again ?
Duh

Lump wrote:Let the show begin - the Reaper vs Waveform for Raspberry Pi battle!
Raspberry Pi, are those powerful enough for a DAW these days? :o
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

.jon wrote:Top tip to all developers! Don't skimp on your promo videos, let professionals make them for you!
I think it was meant to be a NAMM trailer rather than a proper promo video.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

bungle wrote:I thought Jules wasn't developing it anymore, again ?
??

He's paying people to do it for him.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

Nielzie wrote:
Lump wrote:Let the show begin - the Reaper vs Waveform for Raspberry Pi battle!
Raspberry Pi, are those powerful enough for a DAW these days? :o
Looks that way. In one of the vids, they said that with a built-in interface (instead of a USB one), latency was much better. I was wondering where files would be saved to. I haven't got round to Pi stuff yet. Anyone know?

Well, that thing has a CPU comparable to those of entry level smartphones. It can run a DAW, yes, but, add some VSTi's, and it will surely prostrate pretty quickly.
Last edited by chk071 on Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jens wrote:What on earth could you possibly refer to? Since Jules took over again there's been a pretty steady flow of updates and Upgrades...

Simple... I bought T5,T6, and T7 all seemingly in less than 2 yrs. Each version only had a few updates before another version was announced.Their upgrade cycle has been terrible and short. T6 should've been T7-because nothing significant was added to T6 that couldn't simply been added to T5!

T7 should've been Waveform IMO. This is a far more significant update than previous versions. How long did it take for updates for T7 to go silent? I've been receiving plenty of emails about their plugins, but radio silence about T7 updates. Bugs remain unresolved for these versions which means they're now obsolete programs! I don't have much confidence in them. It felt like a sucker punch buying each version that became obsolete in a matter of months!

pc2000 wrote:
jens wrote:What on earth could you possibly refer to? Since Jules took over again there's been a pretty steady flow of updates and Upgrades...

Simple... I bought T5,T6, and T7 all seemingly in less than 2 yrs. Each version only had a few updates before another version was announced.Their upgrade cycle has been terrible and short. T6 should've been T7-because nothing significant was added to T6 that couldn't simply been added to T5!

T7 should've been Waveform IMO. This is a far more significant update than previous versions. How long did it take for updates for T7 to go silent? I've been receiving plenty of emails about their plugins, but radio silence about T7 updates. Bugs remain unresolved for these versions which means they're now obsolete programs! I don't have much confidence in them. It felt like a sucker punch buying each version that became obsolete in a matter of months!
+1...

T7's last update was back in August and there are a lot of outstanding issues.

pc2000 wrote:

There's a new version every year, first shown at NAMM in January. This year's is the fifth since it was rescued from Mackie. It's a highly predicable cycle. Upgrade prices have always been low. Buy in February/March and you get that version (with maybe some point upgrades) for a year.

I chuckled at the shout outs to KvR in one of the vids. Or may have been slams... :hihi:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”