Vengeance Avenger - First Impressions and Wishlist

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

double post

damn why do I always accidentially press "quote" instead of edit :)

msvs wrote:thats untrue
of course you can import single samples. Its just like importing a multisample, but with only 1 sample in the folder
quite easy

in the future we plan a sample drag and drop option for oneshots.
My last wish is to criticize, a synth that I purchased because I feel it amazing.
I swear I tried and tried to import single samples, following the tutorial video, many many times and I could not reach that simple goal. The manual itself repeats, very shrtly the informations on the cideo, but I could not do anything else than importing a "shape".
What am I missing? Surely I must do a mistake, but I cannot find any clear info to solve this...

msvs wrote:double post

damn why do I always accidentially press "quote" instead of edit :)
Snap
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

matteogk wrote:
of course you can import single samples. Its just like importing a multisample, but with only 1 sample in the folder
quite easy

My last wish is to criticize, a synth that I purchased because I feel it amazing.
I swear I tried and tried to import single samples, following the tutorial video, many many times and I could not reach that simple goal. The manual itself repeats, very shrtly the informations on the cideo, but I could not do anything else than importing a "shape".
What am I missing? Surely I must do a mistake, but I cannot find any clear info to solve this...
I dont know whats unclear in the manual, but here it is with other words again :)

- just create an empty folder on your hd and name it whatever you like. The imported sample will later have that name
- put your oneshot sample in this folder and name it like its root key. For example 1 C2.wav or 1 F#3.wav etc...
- go to Avengers file browser, navigate to the folder, rightclick on that folder and select "convert to multisample". As destination you can set every folder in Avengers working directory (\samples\xyz)
- thats it, you can from now on select your sample to load inside an OSC by the OSCs context menu

msvs wrote:
matteogk wrote:
quite easy

I dont know whats unclear in the manual, but here it is with other words again :)

- just create an empty folder on your hd and name it whatever you like. The imported sample will later have that name
- put your oneshot sample in this folder and name it like its root key. For example 1 C2.wav or 1 F#3.wav etc...
- go to Avengers file browser, navigate to the folder, rightclick on that folder and select "convert to multisample". As destination you can set every folder in Avengers working directory (\samples\xyz)
- thats it, you can from now on select your sample to load inside an OSC by the OSCs context menu
And make sure, the sample has a sample rate of 44.1 Khz, otherwise the pitch will be off.

msvs wrote:
matteogk wrote:
msvs wrote: I dont know whats unclear in the manual, but here it is with other words again :)

Hello, first f all, THANK YOU for your kind reply.

With these instructions I can easily import "multisample" folders, which I can already do.

I ask how to import a SINGLE sample (let's say a 30 sec. sample loop) and have it available in the user folder, because when I select a single sample in a folder of choice, (correctly named, tuned, etc...) and right click on it, I ONLY have the option "convert to shape".
In the video, this is working differently, in my Avenger there is only the "shape" option... what may be wrong?

Sampleconstruct wrote:
msvs wrote:
matteogk wrote:
msvs wrote:
And make sure, the sample has a sample rate of 44.1 Khz, otherwise the pitch will be off.
Thank You Simon, I'll keep it in mind... ;-)

matteogk wrote:
msvs wrote:
matteogk wrote:
msvs wrote: I dont know whats unclear in the manual, but here it is with other words again :)

Hello, first f all, THANK YOU for your kind reply.

With these instructions I can easily import "multisample" folders, which I can already do.

I ask how to import a SINGLE sample (let's say a 30 sec. sample loop) and have it available in the user folder, because when I select a single sample in a folder of choice, (correctly named, tuned, etc...) and right click on it, I ONLY have the option "convert to shape".
In the video, this is working differently, in my Avenger there is only the "shape" option... what may be wrong?
OK, so I got the point: create ONE folder with ONE sample ONLY inside (imported as a multisampled....)
Then I find it in the sample folder of the Custom library.
Then, repeat the procedure for each new sample I want to import...
That's it.

I assume the "drag and drop" function will make it way more easy and fast.
Thank you msvs, for kindly replying here and assisting me.
I hope this can help other users with the same question.

BTW, Avenger is a very great synth, I'm enjoying its SOUND a lot, because it sounds amazing!!

The possibility of importing the Nexus Expansions into Avenger would be really great ! :D

Ghislain2b wrote:The possibility of importing the Nexus Expansions into Avenger would be really great ! :D
As has been said several times, this cannot ever happen. The architecture is totally different.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

I say this to avoid buying twice the same expansions... :wink:

i want a way to change the color of the GUI with the one i like

I bought this today and i'm in heaven . Really impressive plug with lots of fx and stuff.

I wonder if a transient shaper like native instruments "transient master" could be an idea to implement to use in master channel, to tighten things up a bit more like drums, lead, bass etc.??

Hi,

Why my DAW (REAPER or Ableton) always crashes once after ANY update?
Both VST3i (REAPER) and VSTi (REAPER or Ableton Live 9)

It's not a complain, because VPS Avenger synth is simply a monster! just to understand why.

Specs in signature + purchased & activated VPS Avenger (December 3rd, 2016).
Core i9-9900KF @4.5GHz, 32GB RAM, 8TB, RTX 2080, Windows 10 Pro x64, Bitwig Studio 4, REAPER 6, UR22C, BX5-D2, KK S61 MK2, Chromaphone 3, Discovery Pro, DUNE 3, Komplete 13 Select, Mercury-4, OP-X PRO-II, SynthMaster 2, RAPID, VPS Avenger, Scaler 2...

Coockie1176ln wrote: Avenger has legato but missing mono midi that retriggers the envelope. Legato is mono but it doesnt retrigger envelopes. Mod enveolope sure can be set up on midi last, but not the default on filter or amp enveolope.
Totally agree - just wasted 20mins looking for the thing

Any update on this?

Return to “Instruments”