Cytomic 'The Glue' Compressor

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Glue

Geek Model wrote:Hi, Andy. How long it takes to transfer license to another user? I bought The Glue and still waiting license transfer (more than 24 hours already)...
Must have gotten stuck somewhere.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Geek Model wrote:Hi, Andy. How long it takes to transfer license to another user? I bought The Glue and still waiting license transfer (more than 24 hours already)...
It is normally 24 to 48 hours, but possibly longer over the weekend or due to other circumstances.
The Glue, The Drop - www.cytomic.com

I want to try it on the master bus. Can you guys please share a few master bus settings to start with and try?

thank you.

mementus wrote:I want to try it on the master bus. Can you guys please share a few master bus settings to start with and try?

thank you.
The answer is all the settings :D and it really depends on the style.

But I know what you mean and so try the following as a starting point to hear it grooving but then it's very important to tweak from there: Range -60 to -80, Attack 3 or 10, Ratio 4:1, Release fastest and aim for like 3-4 gain reduction.

But remember in order to get a nice musical groove out of it, the individual tracks really need to be dynamically under control otherwise it will just erratically jump around affecting everything in a not so musical way. I know a lot of people will say you must mix into it right from the start but I believe it is more useful to first nail the individual track dynamics, then turn on the bus comp and rebuild your overall mix balance from there.

I'd personally recommend the "Glue Two" mastering preset... go from there ;)

I've started a new product thread about "The Scream", a distortion stomp box plugin. If anyone wants to provide feedback or is interested in discussing TS-808 mods they would like included then please post here:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=477873

Andy, did you remove the 30% off for current Cytomic Licensees?
When I log on I no longer see it.
thanks
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote:Andy, did you remove the 30% off for current Cytomic Licensees?
When I log on I no longer see it.
thanks
rsp
I've switched over to using discount codes because people were getting confused when the price suddenly dropped after purchasing, they thought they just missed out on a sale of some sort.

I have yet to automate the discount code system, I'm manually emailing out codes for customers till them, and I've just sent you yours!

Anyone else, if you have purchased a full priced Cytomic plugin (e.g. USD 99), then you are eligible for a discount of 30% of the value of your purchase off another plugin (e.g. 30% of 99 = USD 29.70). Please email me if you've not already got had a discounted purchase and I'll email you a code.

Thanks Andy.
I can imagine the looks on some people's face indeed after buying it, logging on and seeing the price dropped.

thanks got the discount code.

rsp
sound sculptist

When we can expect full analog path simulation of the compressor Glue is based on? I mean on nonlinearities, thd, etc...Hopefully that will be next Glue update!!!

HcDoom wrote:When we can expect full analog path simulation of the compressor Glue is based on? I mean on nonlinearities, thd, etc...Hopefully that will be next Glue update!!!
I'm looking into adding an "HD" mode on The Glue, with a full non-linear signal path. If I get good results then I'll make an announcement, but till then I can't really say much, but it is looking promising.

andy-cytomic wrote:
HcDoom wrote:When we can expect full analog path simulation of the compressor Glue is based on? I mean on nonlinearities, thd, etc...Hopefully that will be next Glue update!!!
I'm looking into adding an "HD" mode on The Glue, with a full non-linear signal path. If I get good results then I'll make an announcement, but till then I can't really say much, but it is looking promising.
Rock on!

andy-cytomic wrote:
Wow, cant wait! I hope it will see light of the day! Great news...Ill keep my fingers crossed!!!

andy-cytomic wrote:I'm looking into adding an "HD" mode on The Glue, with a full non-linear signal path. If I get good results then I'll make an announcement, but till then I can't really say much, but it is looking promising.
I am looking forward to what you come up with! Would there be a beta-test? If there is I am very eager to participate. Using the Glue since 2009!
I wonder whether you look into the randomness of the components values as well?
If there's any flaw in the sound of the Glue, it's that it sounds a little bit too "precise", kinda predictable. I don't own HW SSL so take my comments with a big grain of salt, but there's plenty of SSL examples of the web with dry files provided as well, and that's what I got trying to match it. Another way to describe it would be that at the same GR levels, HW leaves tiny bit more "movement" and sounds more "open/alive".
Also, stereo field seems to be slightly narrower, but that also maybe comes from the fact that left and right channels are not perfectly identical.
But anyway for more than 7 years the Glue still stands proudly among a field of other SSL emulations, amazing! I still haven't found other emulations that can beat it. Some may sound slightly more exciting but with extremely narrow operating field and also having side-effects like muddying the sound.
The Glue is just robust, no matter what you throw at it, it just won't crumble at all!

^^^^^^ stereo unlinking ability would be a welcome addition.

Looking forward to what you're coming up with next for The Glue, Andy. Non-linearities are 'final frontier' kind of stuff - out of this world! Maybe you could embed a GPS localised weather checker inside the plugin, report the current real-life temperature and humidity to the plugin, which then causes minute shifts in component values and impedances inside The Glue.

OK that was a joke, but anyway :)

Return to “Effects”