drifting with jas

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I remixed jasmines vocal over and over, I think I'm happy with it now..I think lol. in this collab I was shooting for a night club type thing where I'm just doing some live improv tracks (drifting in and out of consciousness) thanks so much for your patience jasmine you were wonderful.
https://soundcloud.com/wavephonic-1/tow ... ft-jasmine

Very good transparent, intimate Mix and a relaxed tune! Great vocals and arrangement. :tu:

The only structural nitpicking irritation for me is the B-Part. And how it is combined/integrated. Seems to fall out of place, but can be intentional of course - just an impression after listening once.
Symphony Nr.1
Meet the Cities Repair Team Unimportant laughter
music has become meaningless...we just keep doing it

thomekk wrote:
The only structural nitpicking irritation for me is the B-Part. And how it is combined/integrated. Seems to fall out of place, but can be intentional of course - just an impression after listening once.
yup agree man, I gotta do a better job there, but I think we both came out influenced so it was worth giving this sort of thing a try.
much appreciate you listening and commenting, have a great new year

It sounds great and I like the freedom in the bass/drum part. Occasionally I really have to pay attention not to lose the beat. But that's cool.

Victor.

VicDiesel wrote:It sounds great and I like the freedom in the bass/drum part. Occasionally I really have to pay attention not to lose the beat. But that's cool.

Victor.
hey vic, thanks man. I thought of the singer wearing something very revealing in front of the kit and got lost a couple times :lol:

Very nice ! I like the anarchy / free-form /free-flowing or whatever you call it :lol:
It goes very well with those fantastic vocals (truly expressive) and well balanced mix: I think you did a great job

Very, Very good
:tu:

Worth the effort.
Jasmine oozes feeling and your music supports her beautifully. Drifting with Jas is a great title.
Enjoying the piano muchly, excellent chords and melodies...
Fabulous!
:)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Laguna Rising wrote: I like the anarchy
well not quite anarchy, more like sold as is, lol
thanks as always for your continuing support laguna

Allomerus wrote: Enjoying the piano muchly, excellent chords and melodies...
Fabulous!
:)
appreciate that, not a great piano player as some on the board but I was into it

Freaking fantasic! Loved the sultry sounds and the rhythmic divergences. It really worked well.
Thanks for sharing.

justin3am wrote:Loved the sultry sounds and the rhythmic divergences.
happy about that comment from you, thankyou kindly

Love it. Wonderfully done.

If I had to nitpick (and I really don't, but I'm going to!) it's that the reverb on the vocal seems to be more 'roomy' than the rest of the instruments and because it's a close intimate track, it feels as though the vocal is a little separate from the rest of the parts. I would have preferred the other instruments to have had more of that particular ambiance, and less so on the vocal.

tehlord wrote: If I had to nitpick (and I really don't, but I'm going to!) it's that the reverb on the vocal seems to be more 'roomy' than the rest of the instruments and because it's a close intimate track, it feels as though the vocal is a little separate from the rest of the parts. I would have preferred the other instruments to have had more of that particular ambiance, and less so on the vocal.
thats a valid point thanks, I will have a peak back at that

wavephonic wrote:
Laguna Rising wrote: I like the anarchy
well not quite anarchy, more like sold as is, lol
:lol: :lol:

I liked the overall sound of this, and the sounds of the individual instruments. It definitely has that "night-club" vibe. I liked the bass/drums interaction, the piano playing was deft and sensitive. I could picture the pianist with a pork-pie hat, shades and a cigarette. The vocal performance was sensitive and dynamic without being overpowering. Just right for the song, which was superb.

Good work :)

Return to “Music Cafe”