Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ghettosynth wrote:
EdSevered wrote:
GreyLion wrote:Well, I think they've got me with this promo. I've been avoiding buying the Electric Grand at $39, but $19 is pretty much no-brainer territory.

Any idea whether the usual suspects are offering a discount in addition to the $20 off?
At Waves, if you add another $39 plug-in to your cart, like Electric Grand 80, you'll end up getting Doppler for 30 cents. Just sayin'.

Edit: Actually, it appears that is the case with any plug-in you add. Not sure how the math is working.
Yes, but, the total is then right at $40. IF you buy them at a different vendor on two separate transactions your total will be about $30.
Ohhhh, now I hadn't thought of that. :dog:
Gaslighting...is a form of mental abuse in which information is twisted or spun, selectively omitted to favor the abuser, or false information is presented with the intent of making victims doubt their own memory, perception, and sanity.

Numanoid wrote:Delays, reverbs, filters, I can't have enough :oops:
An 18db filter is pretty steep. If it isn't linear phase (it probably isn't since it's a live EQ), it will sound bad. Good enough for live, not good enough for the studio.

Any opinions on Doppler? Not a good time for me to check it out, but $9 is really cheap.

Doppler is definitely worth $9. I'm surprised we don't hear it being used more often, it's a cool effect.

Re: Doppler - I'm assuming you can bypass the pitchshifting effect and just use it to place sounds in different spaces... like a fancy panner, binural style?

There's a demo video on the Waves site, runs through the controls.

Personally, I'm all for a great deal, which this clearly is, but even for $9, I can't see myself actually using it unless I'm suddenly doing movie sound or something.

dwozzle wrote:There's a demo video on the Waves site, runs through the controls.

Personally, I'm all for a great deal, which this clearly is, but even for $9, I can't see myself actually using it unless I'm suddenly doing movie sound or something.
The noise sweep in that video sounds almost comical. So much cheese!

dwozzle wrote:There's a demo video on the Waves site, runs through the controls.

Yeah, sure, that's probably true for most people. I do weird ambient kinds of things and I can definitely see a use for this; think Autobahn. I was really more asking if there was anything else cheaper(free) or better? I think that I'll just get it.

So WavesUniverse is taking the coupon now, but, not for just a $29 plugin.

Quick feedback on Doppler in case anyone else is considering it. The effect is useful in a lot of ways and is probably not so easy to get otherwise. Overall, I think that it was probably worth $9. That said, there is one somewhat showstopping issue that makes it less useful than it could be. The effect clicks, at least in Reaper, on entry and exit of the doppler trigger. If your sound fades in and out this is probably not noticeable, but it's very prominent when looping the effect over a constant input. It's possible that it has something to do with Reaper, or, that I'm just doing something wrong, but I thought that I'd share.

On Edit: It definitely seems like a Reaper bug because the problem doesn't exist in Cubase. I'm going to get a lot of use out of this.

On Edit 2: Yeah, I was just using it wrong. You have to set the gain to close to 100% to avoid clicks. Still haven't tried it back in Reaper yet, but I suspect that's all that it is.

On Edit 3: Yes, it is related to gain, but it's not all that simple. Depends a lot on how it's setup. It really needs some control over the envelope on entry and exit.

I use iZotope De-clicker to remove transient clicks that compressors let through on basses. I imagine the same trick could be used here.

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Anyone else tried this:

"More Weekend Deals at the Loop Loft with up to 90% off and free Charlie Hunter Funk Guitar http://rekkerd.org/free-charlie-hunter- (http://rekkerd.org/free-charlie-hunter-) ... s-weekend/"

"Choose the Long Loops Vol 3 - MIDI Drum Loops for $11, add the Charlie Hunter loops to your cart, use code "THX10" and get both for $1."

I bought it but I keep getting an HTTP error 403 msg halfway through download of the Charlie Hunter Funk Guitar loops which is a 2.48Gb download.

Magic01 wrote:Anyone else tried this:

"More Weekend Deals at the Loop Loft with up to 90% off and free Charlie Hunter Funk Guitar http://rekkerd.org/free-charlie-hunter- ... s-weekend/"

"Choose the Long Loops Vol 3 - MIDI Drum Loops for $11, add the Charlie Hunter loops to your cart, use code "THX10" and get both for $1."

I bought it but I keep getting an HTTP error 403 msg halfway through download of the Charlie Hunter Funk Guitar loops which is a 2.48Gb download.
I did exactly that to get the funk guitar lib. It worked fine. Mine downloaded fine. Try a different browser?

Waves NLS is now for $49 at audiodeluxe.
I wish i could use waves20 coupon code on it, but i does not work on it. :(

nicksohn wrote:Waves NLS is now for $49 at audiodeluxe.
I wish i could use waves20 coupon code on it, but i does not work on it. :(

I wonder if this is exclusive to AudioDeluxe? It's not on sale at waves.com.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”